Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Ha must get myself the simms :P

I used to love that game - gets pretty boring after a while though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Or getting extremely frustrated with college work :mad::(

Me too Jaffa. Pain the the arse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd still play it WW. Loved theme hospital aswell watching patients puke all over the place.

Loved college when I was there. Best time of my life and I want to go back to retrain or update in a couple of years.

I'd still play it WW. Loved theme hospital aswell watching patients puke all over the place.

Loved college when I was there. Best time of my life and I want to go back to retrain or update in a couple of years.

I hate college . Its no fun unless you're a drinker - shame when one can no longer drink :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I never drank. I just loved my course and all the devilment we used to get up to. We used to spend more time playing network games and tormenting the lecturers. So much so, we were well known to the President of the college.

At a graduation ceremony when the president was handing out our certs, he decided to have a quick chat with me there and then holding everyone up :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I used to love that game - gets pretty boring after a while though
    thats why i end up playing it a lot for 2-3 days then leave it for a month or so. its better in bursts
    I never drank. I just loved my course and all the devilment we used to get up to. We used to spend more time playing network games and tormenting the lecturers. So much so, we were well known to the President of the college.

At a graduation ceremony when the president was handing out our certs, he decided to have a quick chat with me there and then holding everyone up :P

ITMA you little divil :eek:

thank feck there wasnt much of a drinking culture at my college. but instead of that they were big on tea parties. hell to the no, etc.....
    i just went, did my thang and fecked off home to play runescape or something :D college can be very tedious if you dont want to spend at least a third of the time gettingg drunk (and dying of a hangover for at least another quater)

you were even a naughty lil thing back then:p

while were on the subject - how many of you were terrors in school?!
    i was a teacher pet - has the word 'lick' died out yet? makes me think of a salt lick :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

i wonder what he'd say to you now if he knew you had got your snooker balls snipped off you? :P

No - even teachers use it now days apparently

• Advertisement

No - even teachers use it now days apparently
    :eek:

im really glad im not a child or even a young teen in this day

was in dundrum yesterday with mam. we had to use the lift several times (shes in a chair) and every time without fail the lift would be full of kids or thered be kids standing beside her running ahead to get onto the lift first. i see that a lot. im showing my age:no feckin manners :pac:

Aishae wrote: »
    :eek:

im really glad im not a child or even a young teen in this day

was in dundrum yesterday with mam. we had to use the lift several times (shes in a chair) and every time without fail the lift would be full of kids or thered be kids standing beside her running ahead to get onto the lift first. i see that a lot. im showing my age:no feckin manners :pac:

hate kids like that -then again i hate kids that are way too polite too -theres just something unnatural about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

i wonder what he'd say to you now if he knew you had got your snooker balls snipped off you? :P

Demolitionman banned for 7 days for breach of the forum charter and transphobic comments.

Thanks for that baby. I was a bit of a bully back in the day. Now I've mellowed out something serious. Every generation looks at children and always find the more unruly children a sincere pain in the hole.

We all bullied someone either intentionally or in my case unintentionally when I was 4 - my mum told me - I hadn't even realised I'd done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Me too Jaffa. Pain the the arse

College is great except for the lectures, assignments etc. :pac:

Speaking of college and drinking, can't wait til next weekend :D

College is great except for the lectures, assignments etc. :pac:

Basically you'd prefer if there was no academic side to college :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Haha ah no I kid. I do like the academic side but the social side is important too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Last episode of Spooks was a bit weak I thought. Wasn't enamoured with the entire last seaon tbh, thought it deserved better.

Cuppan tae. Is there any better way to end a day? ;)
    Tomorrow is due to be mental up here (gales n rain) I hope I don't end up in the Liffey with all the shopping trollies in it

• Advertisement

You have no need to worry - you have your very own superhero right here :)

Good - I might catch something from the trollies! :PAC:

ARGGGH!!! My phone interview for my PhD was cancelled this morning.

:mad::mad:

ARGGGH!!! My phone interview for my PhD was cancelled this morning.

:mad::mad:

Awh no baby why? Have they rescheduled you?

Ah yeah, its rescheduled, but not for a couple of weeks. I was hoping to have all my data collection done by the end of the week (off on Wednesday to do 5 interviews in one day :eek:) so it's a bit of a let down.

Still, shouldn't set me back TOO much.

Annoying though. Could have done with the lie-in, I was up working late last night. But hey, at least people are willing to talk to me, a couple of months ago I was banging my head against a brick wall trying to find people, and it's great that it's being rescheduled rather than cancelled. I'm under no illusions that my PhD is of any precedence to anyone but me!

Aishae wrote: »
    Good - I might catch something from the trollies! :PAC:

... fail :p

Ah yeah, its rescheduled, but not for a couple of weeks. I was hoping to have all my data collection done by the end of the week (off on Wednesday to do 5 interviews in one day :eek:) so it's a bit of a let down.

Still, shouldn't set me back TOO much.

Annoying though. Could have done with the lie-in, I was up working late last night. But hey, at least people are willing to talk to me, a couple of months ago I was banging my head against a brick wall trying to find people, and it's great that it's being rescheduled rather than cancelled. I'm under no illusions that my PhD is of any precedence to anyone but me!

Definatley Annoying, especially when you've prepared yourself for today with the rest of the week planned around it.
    What's the Phd in?

Final election debate is on tonight - 9.30 I think....

Wonder why they'd cancel a phone interview, it's not like they can blame the weather! At least - as you say - it wa rescheduled. Bloody awkward to have things cancelled at the last minute :/

It is a bit of a pain, but when you're working with people with disabilities things just crop up that need to be dealt with there and then. It's all good, it'll get done. :)

• Advertisement

Unlike most things in Ireland :p

Advertisement