Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Unlike most things in Ireland :p
    We do make a cracking cup of tea though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Assignment finally finished. Can't wait til this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I hate CBT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

stephen_n wrote: »
    I hate CBT
    As in cognitive behavioural therapy?
    Studying it or using it? I'm using it at the moment to manage boarderline personality disorder, can never decide if I feel it benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

If you were to set 2 people on boards up - who would they be ?

• Advertisement

If you were to set 2 people on boards up - who would they be ?
    Why stop at 2? Whoopie cushions all round! Oh.. Wait! (facepalm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

I meant 2 people per person

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Studying it or using it? I'm using it at the moment to manage boarderline personality disorder, can never decide if I feel it benefits.

Studying it, not something I can see myself using much just don't like the idea of breaking people down to thoughts and behaviors! Have to admit the lecturer is giving me a better impression than I had before of it but I still think it lacks humanity! So I'm bored :-)

Studying it, not something I can see myself using much just don't like the idea of breaking people down to thoughts and behaviors! Have to admit the lecturer is giving me a better impression than I had before of it but I still think it lacks humanity! So I'm bored :-)

Yeah it's not proving very successful for me, it's very difficult to retrain thought processes!
    I've read a bazillion books and studies on it and a few times I've found myself get marginally excited by some aspects but in practice it's just great. IMO anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Never found CBT useful for anything but venting. Have Cyclothymic Disorder, so talking helps but have my days where I just prefer to pop on a few tunes and block out the world.

• Advertisement

Never found CBT useful for anything but venting. Have Cyclothymic Disorder, so talking helps but have my days where I just prefer to pop on a few tunes and block out the world.

Yeah my bpd benefits from it in the therapy setting but outside of that I can't really make it work for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Same here. Have had my own ways of getting around my really bad days! Music and machines :P

Same here. Have had my own ways of getting around my really bad days! Music and machines :P
    Strange, music especially music I would've listened to when I was younger makes me worse! radio talk shows however zone me right out!

Yeah it's not proving very successful for me, it's very difficult to retrain thought processes!
    I've read a bazillion books and studies on it and a few times I've found myself get marginally excited by some aspects but in practice it's just great. IMO anyway.

Must be hard to live with BPD. CBT helps some people but not others but that's not all that surprising as there is a certain question about any one treatments ability to help as BPD is somewhat of a catch all in terms of the criteria for it's diagnosis drawing in a very wide range of symptoms. I use aspects of CBT in my life but most of them are common to a few modalities but sometimes I look at it and think how are you supposed to fix a problem with your thinking by thinking about it. It's really hard for me to reply to this without bias or without veering towards asking questions that are not suitable on an Internet forum. I do hope you can find a workable solution though, I may be overly optimistic but I do firmly believe you have it within you to find a way of being with this that works for you!

Strange, music especially music I would've listened to when I was younger makes me worse! radio talk shows however zone me right out!

It depends on the talk show. I'll only listen to Today in the morning, but nothing else after that.

Had the first Xmas song session of the year. Was brushing my teeth and dancing whilst jingle bell rock played in my head. Blimey that was early!

Must be hard to live with BPD. CBT helps some people but not others but that's not all that surprising as there is a certain question about any one treatments ability to help as BPD is somewhat of a catch all in terms of the criteria for it's diagnosis drawing in a very wide range of symptoms. I use aspects of CBT in my life but most of them are common to a few modalities but sometimes I look at it and think how are you supposed to fix a problem with your thinking by thinking about it. It's really hard for me to reply to this without bias or without veering towards asking questions that are not suitable on an Internet forum. I do hope you can find a workable solution though, I may be overly optimistic but I do firmly believe you have it within you to find a way of being with this that works for you!

Yeah it took months and months of constant therapy to get me to where I am now an be able to recognise the splitting tendencies an try factor them out. Alas it's only the tip of the iceberg! But I'm from your school of thought!
    If you do have any questions, feel free to pm me, I'm pretty open about it, afterall ignoring it is more troublesome!

@aishe; sssshhh Halloween is yet to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Aishae wrote: »
    Had the first Xmas song session of the year. Was brushing my teeth and dancing whilst jingle bell rock played in my head. Blimey that was early!

I've had the Song from spongebob is my head all day yesterday
    (i don't watch it i have young sisters)
    the one that goes
    F is for friends that do stuff together
    U is for you and me
    N is for anywhere and anytime at all down in the deep blue sky
    :o:p

If spongebob ever got inside my head I would shoot myself!

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
    Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
    To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees
    Come and dance every night, sing with a hula melody
    etc....

or my preferred version:
    Num-ber two two two push yer granny off the loo
    (kids!!)

• Advertisement

What about the lambchops one?
    This is the song that never ends,
    Yes it goes on and on my friends... Etc etc

That's one that just sticks!!

lambchops play along...
    good grief ill bet that sock was feckin manky

Aishae wrote: »
    lambchops play along...
    good grief ill bet that sock was feckin manky

*shudder*

in all seriousness though. they got a lot of airtime out of a sock with eyes on it. its Not Cool to have no CGI or half a dozen brightly coloured dancing entertainers these days

I agree! There's a lot to be said for bosco and the old skool way of things

oh god bosco - there was a scary voice. dunno why he made me think of my granny....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

To the ASSHAT who mugged me and stole my iPhone earlier:

F**K YOU

I'm just glad I punched you in the head before you ran off with it you scumbag.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

F**K YOU

aw ****! you're ok? where did it happen?

F**K YOU

Sorry to hear that this world continues to bear scum bags.

I don't condone these, but they do have a certain fúck off or you'll get cut quality to them:

yhst-93727123504836_1800_260525

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Down by Jervis St, just outside the Church. Mine is the 2nd iPhone of heard of getting targetted down that way, be safe guys! Isn't it shocking that you can't even send a text in public without being scared?

AND as I chased him and hung on he dragged me into the road and I fell. Whole elbow gone from my fave leather jacket. :mad:

Although I have to say there were some really nice people who ran after him a bit (he ran so fast, serious chemical energy on him!) and helped me up and found a Garda for me (who was really hot, so I guess there's a little silver lining...) and everything.

And ITMA, as a mod I have to say "we don't condone violence" but as a deterrent... although unless you walk around brandishing the thing it's kind of null and void...

Advertisement