Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

You have to work to find it in janeway?
    Hell no. It's not an in your face sexy like sevens boobs. But I like that. Air of mystique. Sexier to me!
    I was quoting Ross (friends) in the last post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

This is very true, hmm... 7... as an aside I love how trekkie filled this forum is, am I missing out on a gay stereotype?

This is very true, hmm... 7... as an aside I love how trekkie filled this forum is, am I missing out on a gay stereotype?
    It's the George takei (gay) club factor!

Jeri Ryan is gorgeous but the biometric suits were ott!
    I love a good uniform!
    When I was a kid I was drawn: did I want to BE janeway or be with her?!
    Same with B'Elanna <- woman who could hold her own if someone thought I was looking at them sideways.

Wish they'd made a movie.

Super geek: used to have a voyager alarm clock and it woke you up like so:
    (janeway):
    'all hands'
    'red alert'
    'do it' (I'm sure whoever added that one was a fellow janeway appreciator)
    There were a few commands that rotated

Wonder where that clock went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I do not get the Janeway obsession at all!! Not a big fan of Star Trek
    Hi all, I am Countess Markievicz! Long time reader, first time poster. I remember an introduce yourself thread, but alas I could not find it :o

Welcome! Great username. One of Ireland's greatest women in history :)

Oops missed that. Welcome countess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Countess Markievicz

Thank you for the welcome. I love the Gore-Booth women so hence the name. Hope everyone is having a good day today. I finally decided I am emigrating after Christmas. Very excited!

Aishae wrote: »
    It's the George takei (gay) club factor!
    I cannot overstate how much I love that man. Kinda have to agree with you on the biometric suits... and the uniforms... I want that clock, my googling tells me I'll never have it though, this the one?

Thank you for the welcome. I love the Gore-Booth women so hence the name. Hope everyone is having a good day today. I finally decided I am emigrating after Christmas. Very excited!

And a belated welcome to you! Where you off to?

Ya :D might be in the attic but under god knows what

And to think some collector has that one and never opened the box, I could never manage that, I always have to mess with everything (maybe I just have a dirty mind today, but that sentence took an awful lot of consideration not to sound bad, probably does now..)

• Advertisement

And to think some collector has that one and never opened the box, I could never manage that, I always have to mess with everything (maybe I just have a dirty mind today, but that sentence took an awful lot of consideration not to sound bad, probably does now..)
    Just out with it and say fiddle. Lol.
    Oh I loved it. Had a com badge too but that clock was the shizz. The ice lit up blue as well.

Fine, I can't help but delve into the box and fiddle with what's inside!

Happy now?

Fine, I can't help but delve into the box and fiddle with what's inside!

Happy now?

I think we're all happy now :pac:

And a belated welcome to you! Where you off to?

I am going to Spain for a couple of months, then further afield hopefully! Just finished my MA, so I am heading off on a little adventure before I start my PhD :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ooh, have fun :)

What are you planning to do your PhD in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

@Aishae- I think if I had that Janeway clock and she said "Do it" to wake me up I don't think I@d ever get out of bed. Holy MOLY that voice!!!

@Countess- Another PhD'er, eh? Exciting. One piece of adivce- don't do it.

Hahahahahaha, only kidding.

No really. Don't do it.

I am going to Spain for a couple of months, then further afield hopefully! Just finished my MA, so I am heading off on a little adventure before I start my PhD :)

i love travel. its a great experience to have a bit of that under your belt especially to blow off some steam at the same time!

@bandc a birdie tells me he knows where to look for the clock, yay. thats going on the shelf so.

mmmm banana maple cupcakes....

Haha! Countless people have said that to me, that is partially the reason I want to take maybe two years out before I commit! I'll probably study Philosophy Rainbow, as that is my area of study

No Dole queue jokes please :o!

Hey my undergrad was in philosophy, so no jokes from this quarter! :)

ANy particular area?

Please don't say Kant! ;)

My main focus is Critical Social Theory, I like all aspects of it to be honest, apart from Philosophy of Language. That subject actually nearly made my head explode! I've considered moving into Equality Studies, but not sure. What are you studying yourself?

• Advertisement

Oh I'm miles off now, doing my PhD in Life Stories and intellectual disability after doing an MSW and qualifying as a social worker. My main philosophy subjects were philosophy of mind, philosophy of biology, logic, psycho-analysis, that kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I haven't posted here in a while. A broken heart would do that to a person :( So disillusioned. It's amazing how something can affect every aspect of your life so deeply.

Huge hugs banzai

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I haven't posted here in a while. A broken heart would do that to a person :( So disillusioned. It's amazing how something can affect every aspect of your life so deeply.

Ah sorry to hear that. I know how ya feel! Have listened to that song many a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Cheers jaffa. I hate women, women suck, why won't she love me back etc.
    Urghhhh :(

5 to 1, eating Golden Grahams straight out of the box.

BanzaiBk wrote: »

5 to 1, eating Golden Grahams straight out of the box.

These are indeed dark times.

Sorry to hear that Banzai. Hope you are ok, it is never easy.

Changing topic- I had a great day! Finished my FINAL PHD INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!

\o/

AND I came home to see that my chilli plant has flowered a chilli! It's so exciting because I've always killed plants, but I seem to be doing quite well with my herbs and veggies, I have a rather healthy chives bush going on and really yummy basil plant. But for the chilli plant to actually produce a chilli- I'm VERY pleased.

Hopefully a few more will pop up, I want to make a batch of chilli jam for Christmas presents, and it would be super cool to tell people the peppers are home grown!!!

Makes up for last week- funeral/mugged/school friend died. OK, one pepper doesn't make up for all of that, but HEY! Bright side!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Gawd - I'm smitten - think the moons bout to change - I'm getting committed :o

• Advertisement

Great stuff bandc congrats on the final phd interview!

Was gonna make peanut butter cookies but got distracted with the day the earth stood still.

Why is it when I see the word smitten I think of a tortoise called om screaming smite thee with pestilence and smelly bedbugs?
    (Terry pratchett reference)

Advertisement