Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

bandc shaming us all with actual life personal achievements! Congratulations/commiserations/sympathy by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

pinterest - what a great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Is it me - or does Michael D look like Dobby the house elf?

or yoda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

YOda-300x296.jpg

• Advertisement

Pml :L

Just watched Titanic II. What an absolute sham of a film. I know, I know.... 'Titanic II what were you thinking' but still. So many genuine LOL moments that are clearly meant to be thoughtful and poignant moments. I'm stunned :P

i am stunned. did the raise the titanic and sink it again to drown some other poor fools? like a ghost ship :rolleyes:

might watch it for a laugh, sounds a bit of a comedy???

A comedy that probably wasn't meant to be one

Aishae wrote: »
    i am stunned. did the raise the titanic and sink it again to drown some other poor fools? like a ghost ship :rolleyes:

might watch it for a laugh, sounds a bit of a comedy???
    They built a Titanic II for the 100th anniversary of the original's sinking and decided to take it on the same route as the ill fated original. GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT :P
    You should watch it on the basis that the male lead is played by a guy called Shane Van Dyke and it's good to support our own.

"I'm so cold"
    *ship is sinking in the Atlantic ocean*

• Advertisement

given the subject matter, you're probably right. an unintentional semi-comedy.

i was always a bit in awe of the titanic thing as a youngster. what happened was hard to fathom and just thinking of the poor souls that set out on a supposed unsinkable ship for a better life in america (probably mostly the third class passangers who mostly perished)
    nut the movies are kind of ruining it. the movie titanic was ok. it was factual enough and focused on one couples story.
    i remember seeing raise the titanic a looong time ago and that too had an air of reality to it (in how the film was presented) but therehave been so many movies about the titanic its getting dull. a poignant moment in history should not be thought of as dull.

i remember on a spooky things tv show about 15 years ago - they reported there was a book in the titanic library that was about a ship that sank on its maiden voyage - the book/ship had a similar name to titanic. cant find a reference to it at the moment. could have been speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

i remember on a spooky things tv show about 15 years ago - they reported there was a book in the titanic library that was about a ship that sank on its maiden voyage - the book/ship had a similar name to titanic. cant find a reference to it at the moment. could have been speculation.

I don't know if it was actually on board but the existence of this novel tends to have conspiracy theorists creaming themselves.

It's making a mockery of a historic event in which hundreds if not thousands died

What is?

I don't know if it was actually on board but the existence of this novel tends to have conspiracy theorists creaming themselves.
    Oh yeah that was it.

I don't mind films that are factual but how many can you make on one subject???

All this 'titanic media hype ' thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

First date couldn't have gone better :o:D

I'm a happy camper today :pac:

On the relationship front - WW is officially off the shelf again :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Have had my 05 seat less than 3 weeks and it has to get some repairs done already :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Have had my 05 seat less than 3 weeks and it has to get some repairs done already :(

Aww, no that sucks!

Had to get my lil banger repaired too - I think It might be time to bury the bugger :rolleyes:

the universe is hellbent on reminding me of just between fictions - saw janeway and 7 in a 'position' i spat tea everywhere. also my monocle fell out in shock (!) 'i say!'

saw janeway and 7 in a 'position' i spat tea everywhere.

Charming :rolleyes:

"you could be my It girl" lalalala Idontknowtherestofthewords :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

First date couldn't have gone better :o:D

I'm a happy camper today :pac:

Were you mincing up the road? :D

**disclaimer** this is a joke a little play on words that stuck in my head and not intended to offend anyone in anyway *

Your disclaimer is offensive to me.

:p

stephen_n wrote: »

**disclaimer** this is a joke a little play on words that stuck in my head and not intended to offend anyone in anyway *
    shes easy going - I'd be flabbergasted if she couldnt take a joke:p

I think the disclaimer is the joke bit.

Anyway.... Off to distribute some some tea and cookies around the (old) folks home hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

stephen_n wrote: »

No need for the disclaimer :P

I was watching father ted recently, hence the 'I'm a happy camper' comment :pac:

Advertisement