Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

floggg wrote: »
    Maybe you should give him a call and report back and let us know?

All going well you can help forge a new appreciation of the gays amongst Persian men. Or at least one of them!
    A muslim :eek::eek:

Well I don't know if he's Muslim or not, but he's apparently out to a few friends, so I suspect he's not too religious. Anyway, if I were to ask him out I certainly wouldn't be talking about religion, lol, especially on a first.

Anyway, I might report back here if all goes well, he's a little older than me though, so I donno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Well I don't know if he's Muslim or not, but he's apparently out to a few friends, so I suspect he's not too religious. Anyway, if I were to ask him out I certainly wouldn't be talking about religion, lol, especially on a first.

Anyway, I might report back here if all goes well, he's a little older than me though, so I donno...

If hes a muslim he'd most likely have been 'shunned by the community '
    but i bet hes freakin gorgeous - does he have a name?

If hes a muslim he'd most likely have been 'shunned by the community '
    but i bet hes freakin gorgeous - does he have a name?

I'm not going to give names, lol, especially on a public forum like this, but yes, he is hot.

I'm not going to give names, lol, especially on a public forum like this, but yes, he is hot.

just wondering his name because there was an iranian guy on growing up gay

just wondering his name because there was an iranian guy on growing up gay

As in the RTÉ documentary? No, it's definitely not him lol. This guy only arrived in Ireland a few months ago from the US.

• Advertisement

As in the RTÉ documentary? No, it's definitely not him lol. This guy only arrived in Ireland a few months ago from the US.

oh right thats who i thought you were on about

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

had blood tests yesterday and nearly fainted after them :p
    Ugh, I'm not a huge fan of needles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

You'd hate giving blood so :P Something I love to do when ever I can.

Too bad there's an illogical gay blood ban :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Don't have to tell them you're gay ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

I'd love to give blood! but atm i barley have enough blood for myself :P
    Too bad there's an illogical gay blood ban :(

that law really makes me mad, it's so stupid, yet in so many countries and US states have that law in action

Don't have to tell them you're gay ;)

You HAVE to tell them about certain aspects of your sexual history though. Are you advocating lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I love the free sandwiches you get when you donate, easily pleased :pac:

You HAVE to tell them about certain aspects of your sexual history though. Are you advocating lying?

One of their rules excludes women who may have had sex with a male who may have also had sex with a male regardless of using a condom. Can they prove that?

One of their rules excludes women who may have had sex with a male who may have also had sex with a male regardless of using a condom. Can they prove that?

Well if a women didn't know the sexual history of a man she slept with, she wouldn't exactly be lying if she said 'no'.

Anyway, I do believe they test the blood anyway for such things as HIV, etc., so the other filters (questionaires, etc..) are quite pointless. They would have served their duty at one point though, when HIV/AIDS was more endemic in the homosexual community than it was in the heterosexual community, but of course that's all changed now. The gay blood ban is a remanence of the beginning of the AIDS epidemic, when not a huge amount was known about AIDS, the ban is basically an obsolete contamination prevention mechanism.

Bit of a shocker today.

At home we use a Saorview digital box to get terrestrial Irish TV. I turned the TV and switched to AV2 (this is the channel you have to use to get terrestrial/ satellite) and all of a sudden up pops RTÉ Aertel. The digital set-top-box doesn't shut down the teletext when you turn off the TV.

Anyway, the teletext was set to 722 on RTÉ Aertel, which, as some may know, is the "Male seeking Male" classified section. Now I definitely didn't go onto this beforehand, which has me thinking, was it my Dad? I mean, I don't have any brothers so I donno what's going on. Is my Dad gay/bi? He was the last person down watching TV last night. If he's gay it would explain the gay gene thing.

I mean it could have been a freak accident that it appeared on that Aertel page. I don't know what to think.

Another time, I remember I turned on the TV and it was set to the "Gay Network" channel. I don't know what to make of this all.

It's probably none of my business anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Does your Dad know you're gay? He might have been reading & watching to learn a bit more, I know my mother looked up lesbian websites when I first came out to try and understand...

This whole move to digital to me seems like nothing more than a way to screw us out of more tv license money - i mean who in teh right mind wants to watch more rte ???

Does your Dad know you're gay? He might have been reading & watching to learn a bit more, I know my mother looked up lesbian websites when I first came out to try and understand...

They don't know I'm gay, no. But they may have guessed because of the lack of girlfriend, etc..

I'm offically the Moaning Michael of the LGBT forum I think, was about to post another whinge when I considered 99% of my posts are complainy :o

• Advertisement

Go on BK, the Agony Aunt is in session :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

This whole move to digital to me seems like nothing more than a way to screw us out of more tv license money - i mean who in teh right mind wants to watch more rte ???

It's a European directive so can't imagine they were motivated by a license fee they see none of! Digital transmission makes life a lot easier than maintaing cabled networks especially since analog is being done away with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

@KP:
    Doubt these things happen by accident. So either your parent/s suspect you're gay, or your dad was looking it up for himself. He could be just curious and it's nothing though. That's probably most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I know there's no rules to dating but after how many dates would it be ok to ask someone out..like if you're pretty sure you're both equally into each other lol. Or do you just go with the flow and let it happen naturally without having to put a name to it so to speak!

For me it happens naturally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I know there's no rules to dating but after how many dates would it be ok to ask someone out..like if you're pretty sure you're both equally into each other lol. Or do you just go with the flow and let it happen naturally without having to put a name to it so to speak!

Do you mean like a "will you be my girlfriend" type of question? I dunno, I think you kind of have to play it by ear. There's no hard and fast rule, but I guess eventually it's good to have an "so are we exclusive now, or what?" kind of conversation. I waited ages to bring it up because my GF was always saying how she wasn't into relationships or whatever before we got together, so I decided to let her set the pace. She was calling me her girlfriend within like, a week. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

How do you mean? Surely if you've been on dates one or other of you has asked the other out.

Came in to find my rabbit relaxing on the couch....how did she climb out of her hutch, climb downstairs and hop up onto the couch :confused: No one else was at home today. Has my 4 month old lionhead outsmarted me? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Came in to find my rabbit relaxing on the couch....how did she climb out of her hutch, climb downstairs and hop up onto the couch :confused: No one else was at home today. Has my 4 month old lionhead outsmarted me? :o

Did it Vibrate its way down there?

• Advertisement

kiwipower wrote: »
    Did it Vibrate its way down there?

Oh lol, my life isn't that exciting :o

Advertisement