Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

when-Im-sad-I-stop-being-sad-and-be-awesome-instead-700x393.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Was in the pub last night with some friends (two guys and a girl). They were watching the Tottenham and Arsenal match. I'm not really into football but if someone's watching a match I can into it so was catching myself up and one of the lads said 'Three goals scored in the first twelve minutes.' (Think it was twelve, not completely sure.) I said 'Is that all?!' referring to the time. Both guys responded at once 'That's good!' They thought I meant the amount of goals. I've heard girls say lads don't take them seriously when they talk about sport but I thought they'd give us more credit than that. I grew up with two soccer-crazy brothers, I'm not completely clueless. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

^ Will always be relevant to my interests :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Dentist dentist dentist dentist dentist *throws up with nerves*
    :(

Found my badge-it today. Christmas morning 2003 at 6am I was making a badge of Rose McGowan. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Exams exams exams exams exams *throws up with nerves*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

AndrewJD wrote: »
    Exams exams exams exams exams *throws up with nerves*

Good luck! So glad I'm done with those...

• Advertisement

Good luck! So glad I'm done with those...

Haha thanks, they're all ahead of me. Sad thing is it looks like I won't make it to the beers because it's directly after and before the concentrated part of my exam timetable. :(

In other news... getting back into animé like FLCL, etc.

FULI CULI!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I really need to stop with all this babysitting. Just cleaned up my room and what do I find? A spongebob jigsaw, two mini mouse jigsaws, a giant bag of kids markers, another bag of toddler crayons and loads of play money.
    You'd think I had 3 kids living here or something! I'm 17, my room should be full of hidden bottles of vodka not crayons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I'm 17, my room should be full of hidden bottles of vodka not crayons!

It makes me feel so old that I no longer have to hide bottles of vodka in my room. :( Look on the bright side, kids markers + bottle of vodka = crazy night ending with drawing on walls. Lots of potential in that room. :D

I still don't feel old, because even at 24, I still get IDed for the vodka!
    Crayolastereo - I wish my room had fun stuff like that in it.. TO THE SHOP.

Jean wrote: »
    I still don't feel old, because even at 24, I still get IDed for the vodka!

Not making me feel any better!!! :p That's it. I'm off to stick my head in a bucket of Oil of Ulay.

You're old when you remembered it being called that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Now I have bubbles too! When I add it all together I have all the makings of a very entertaining party. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Now I have bubbles too! When I add it all together I have all the makings of a very entertaining party. :D:D

Particularly when the vodka is added :D

That is the magic ingredient!

• Advertisement

diddlybit wrote: »
    Not making me feel any better!!! :p That's it. I'm off to stick my head in a bucket of Oil of Ulay.

You're old when you remembered it being called that. :D

You can't be that old; I'm nineteen and I vaguely remember it being called that.

You can't be that old; I'm nineteen and I vaguely remember it being called that.

I was using it though! :D Just joking though, just couldn't remember what the stuff was called, so had to Google it. Not too old, but in Boards years I must be at least eighty! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

diddlybit wrote: »
    It makes me feel so old that I no longer have to hide bottles of vodka in my room. :( Look on the bright side, kids markers + bottle of vodka = crazy night ending with drawing on walls. Lots of potential in that room. :D

My granny used to hide bottles of gin around the house well into her 70's but then again she was a raving alcoholic! So on the brightside your not too old to do it but if you do your probably an alcoholic :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Off-off topic, but I just rang a tailor for the very first time! I feel incredibly grown up, only grown ups get clothes especially made to measure for them, right?????

EXCITING!

Although the thing spurring me on to get something made is my complete inability to find suitable clothes for my brothers wedding. Stupid lack of middle ground for a girly butch lesbian! :mad:

zoegh wrote: »
    Off-off topic, but I just rang a tailor for the very first time! I feel incredibly grown up, only grown ups get clothes especially made to measure for them, right?????

EXCITING!

Although the thing spurring me on to get something made is my complete inability to find suitable clothes for my brothers wedding. Stupid lack of middle ground for a girly butch lesbian! :mad:

Pink dress over cargo pants and converse.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Pink dress over cargo pants and converse.
    :D

We have a winner!!! :p

Absolutely impossible! I'd a friend who must've called tens upon tens upon tens (I dunno if she called 100, hence me sticking with tens!) of places looking for a female tux for her debs, and absolutely nowhere had one. (5 years ago..)

For my debs, I'd to settle for black swishy pants and top instead of the tux with red cons like I wanted to wear :(

BUT - you're right! I'm a grown up now! I can BUY a tailored tux :D Thank you for reminding me of this!

managed to step on a 3cm shard of glass, straight into the ball of my foot. Took 5 minutes with a pair of tweezers to pull it out. Hurts like ****.

managed to step on a 3cm shard of glass, straight into the ball of my foot. Took 5 minutes with a pair of tweezers to pull it out. Hurts like ****.

Owww. :eek: That's horrible, you poor thing. I can never do stuff like that though, way too squemish. I would hop to the doctor's. :o

• Advertisement

At least it sounds like you didn't do any permanent damage. Lots of fine control muscles and ligaments in that area. Don't worry too much though, you'd know if you cut one.

Advertisement