Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

What do those weird symbals mean?! :P:o

You'd swear I only discovered the internet today
    Oh thank god someone else asked!!
    I hadn't a clue either :pac:

:o

I like giving a wave, I'm that annoying person you try to avoid in the street and I wave ferociously at you anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

BanzaiBk wrote: »

I like giving a wave, I'm that annoying person you try to avoid in the street and I wave ferociously at you anyway :pac:

Heheh, this is more me, if I'm honest...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Your a Garda :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If she is, I'll gladly let her stick me in furry cuffs as long as she's not rough.

You always go there don't you :pac:

I'm having one of those moments when I'm beginning to worry myself, there is a fine line between tiredness endured delirium and genuine madness I'm not quite sure which side I'm on at the moment! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Ellen is definitely my favourite lesbian :pac:

stephen_n wrote: »
    Your a Garda :eek:
    Lewse de hahitude boyo :p

savage eye reference of course
    If she is, I'll gladly let her stick me in furry cuffs as long as she's not rough.

;)

I'm having one of those moments when I'm beginning to worry myself, there is a fine line between tiredness endured delirium and genuine madness I'm not quite sure which side I'm on at the moment! :o

I kinda like those moments! Being tired sucks definitely and I hate not being able to sleep well.

But there comes a point when you're so tired you just get really giddy/mad/insane. It's only happened to me a couple of times but my friends think I'm drunk when I get like that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I couldn't help it. Was there to be seized :P

I kinda like those moments! Being tired sucks definitely and I hate not being able to sleep well.

But there comes a point when you're so tired you just get really giddy/mad/insane. It's only happened to me a couple of times but my friends think I'm drunk when I get like that!

That's the one, I'm talking to myself playing solitaire and I swear Johnny Depp could use me for character building if he ever does a sequel to Alice in Wonderland :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Why did I study the interesting bits of Legal Studies last night? All that's left is contract law. I could do criminal law but I don't think that's coming up on the exam. I'm not compeltely sure since I'm having toruble deciphering my own handwriting. :(

Also, hello, it's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Is there anything worth seeing in the cinema? Back to school soon so thought I'd do something :P

allydylan wrote: »
    Is there anything worth seeing in the cinema? Back to school soon so thought I'd do something :P

Not sure if it's out yet but The Iron Lady looks good...if you're into politics/history (i know i know..neeeeerd haha).

allydylan wrote: »

Sherlock holmes
    Girl with Dragon tattoo

And haven't seen it but the Artist is supposed to be brilliant!

Free wine from work! Work wine! Free wine! Wine!

Free wine from work! Work wine! Free wine! Wine!

red or white?

red or white?

A red fleurie, fruity. It's helping me pretend my fish finger sandwich is haute cuisine :cool:

Ah I was hoping you'd say that. Now I don't feel so jealous :D

Does anyone else get told they're ' too pc and liberal' as an insult? Or is it just me?

Actually, I think I'm ok with not being an idiot who thinks making fun of defenseless, harmless people in public, and I'm totally fine with being accused of having no sense of humour because I don't laugh at racist jokes.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Does anyone else get told they're ' too pc and liberal' as an insult? Or is it just me?

Actually, I think I'm ok with not being an idiot who thinks making fun of defenseless, harmless people in public, and I'm totally fine with being accused of having no sense of humour because I don't laugh at racist jokes.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'd just thank a person who told me I was too PC and liberal

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I despise political correctness. I prefer if we're all up front and honest with each other about our view and how we feel about certain things.

I think there's a difference between honesty, and saying offensive things without thinking about the consequences. When i think of the term "PC" I think of someone who won't say something to disparage another person because of what they are, rather than who they are. I'm all for calling people out on being idiots, etc., but I'm not ok with someone saying something ignorant.

I think there's a difference between honesty, and saying offensive things without thinking about the consequences. When i think of the term "PC" I think of someone who won't say something to disparage another person because of what they are, rather than who they are. I'm all for calling people out on being idiots, etc., but I'm not ok with someone saying something ignorant.

Wouldn't you rather you knew that person was a bigot/idiot by them saying whatever they like, rather than have it sweeped under the carpet? Also of course there's the chance they'll change their mind if they say their views and you call them up on it and use logic to change their mind (doesn't work all the time but worth trying!)

I'm not a fan of political correctness either. And I'd consider myself liberal

Wouldn't you rather you knew that person was a bigot/idiot by them saying whatever they like, rather than have it sweeped under the carpet? Also of course there's the chance they'll change their mind if they say their views and you call them up on it and use logic to change their mind (doesn't work all the time but worth trying!)

I'm not a fan of political correctness either. And I'd consider myself liberal

I don't try and change peoples minds, I just tell them that I don't think what they said was funny, and that I actually think it's unnecessary. That pisses people off even more and they get really really angry. I then usually find that kind of amusing. But when it's someone close to you, and they accuse you of being stuck up and humourless, when truthfully, everyone else has just been laughing along to keep the peace, well... it's irksome.

When I think of political correctness I think of not being able call Christmas, Christmas or have nativity plays because it may offend people from other religions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is a forum announcement above

Make sure you see it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

There is a forum announcement above

Make sure you see it

It's a shame what is probably a small amount of users abusing the annonymous posting feature, have ruined it for a lot of people who will want to seek advice on here but not want to post under their normal username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

If they are PI's than surely they can be addressed in PI forum

Please excuse the randomness -

Did someone here before link to their Pinterest page? If so would that lovely, beautiful/handsome, talented individual be willing to send me an invite link? :o

• Advertisement

What the hell is Pinterest :pac:

*googles*

Advertisement