Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Maybe more encouragement for the private forum so people could post without the need of unreging!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

pinterest is many things, mainly its a bit on the addictive side :pac:
    ive gotten some great ideas from it and discovered some mad sh^t!

the best thing is, it doesnt matter what youre into or want to use it for, like a huge online scrapbook of pics, recipies or funny stuff. sharing art or craft ideas, or style and fashion or just for sharing cute pet pics you find etc.. i even have a board of funny autocorrect pics (iphone) and nostalgia stuff from my y00f or however the kids spell it these days.

now, off to watch some stephen king:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Did you ever wish you had no morals or conscience? Be nice occasionally.

yes, it'd be nice to be able to tell people to go and have hanky panky with themselves at times, or to be able to ignore the injustice or cruelty you see (without feeling guilty) because you're too streatched as it is etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

It would be!

It would also be great if we didn't have feelings sometimes. I might just try convince myself I'm a robot like Fry in Futurama :pac:

• Advertisement

It would be!

It would also be great if we didn't have feelings sometimes. I might just try convince myself I'm a robot like Fry in Futurama :pac:

and ferment beer in your robotic belly:pac:

It would be!

tumblr_lhfstoTssY1qd88jc.gif

Nyan Cat wrote: »
    and ferment beer in your robotic belly:pac:

Fry: Fear not: I shall assist ye.
    Hermes Conrad: Robots don't say "ye"!
    Fry: Relax, mammal. My robotic software shall meet your calculatory needs. What is the meaning of this symbol?
    Hermes Conrad: That's a plus sign, ya pointy-haired loony! Quit thinking you're a robot!
    Fry: I'll show ye!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Anyone in here ever seen the film Beautiful Thing? I just finished watching it there for the first time, and it is such a brilliant, uplifting and realistic film. I'd strongly recommend that anyone watch it. You can get it off Amazon for like a fiver.

The basic premise is that two young lads from a London council estate slowly start to develop feelings for each other and their lives are tracked as their friendship develops into something more.

The dialogue and the performances from the two leads are brilliant, as are the supporting characters. Well worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

tumblr_lhfstoTssY1qd88jc.gif

Aaaawwww..... :(

If I wasn't emotionally dead myself that would almost make me cry.

• Advertisement

^^ I had a tee shirt with that graphic on it. I always got lots of hugs when I wore it.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

DazMarz wrote: »
    Anyone in here ever seen the film Beautiful Thing? I just finished watching it there for the first time, and it is such a brilliant, uplifting and realistic film. I'd strongly recommend that anyone watch it. You can get it off Amazon for like a fiver.

The basic premise is that two young lads from a London council estate slowly start to develop feelings for each other and their lives are tracked as their friendship develops into something more.

The dialogue and the performances from the two leads are brilliant, as are the supporting characters. Well worth a watch.

I took a look at the trailer there actually. I remember seeing that film on RTÉ nearly 8/9 years ago. I must have been 12 at the time watching it. I actually remember being able to relate to it a bit. Now that I think about it, it may have been around the that time that I began to discover my attractions, however I think it wasn't until I was about 15 that I suspected that I was actually gay. I must watch it again, should bring back some memories.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So gave blood last night for the 7th time :) Felt the usual groggy after, but good. Then found it's not as easy to do things that require lots of skill afterwards.

Then had another interview again today. Maybe I should just set up my own company advising people on how not to do an interview :P

So gave blood last night for the 7th time :) Felt the usual groggy after, but good. Then found it's not as easy to do things that require lots of skill afterwards.

Then had another interview again today. Maybe I should just set up my own company advising people on how not to do an interview :P

agh interviews, i hated the questions like 'what salary would you expect?' - and these days if you answer the 'what are your weaknesses?' theyre wise to the turning a weakness into a positive thing.

giving blood- good on you. i tried to do that and they said i cant. poo. its a rarer type too. meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

DazMarz wrote: »

I remember it being quite good, but haven't seen it in a few years. I'll have to re-watch it.

Have you seen Presque Rien (Come Undone in English)? It's a similar gay coming-of-age story, but French so therefore sexier :) I'd recommend it if you enjoyed Beautiful Thing.

Slang_Tang wrote: »
    I remember it being quite good, but haven't seen it in a few years. I'll have to re-watch it.

Have you seen Presque Rien (Come Undone in English)? It's a similar gay coming-of-age story, but French so therefore sexier :) I'd recommend it if you enjoyed Beautiful Thing.

Googled it there. Very nudey I must say.

Googled it there. Very nudey I must say.

Yeah, I know. The cover or Google images aren't fully indicative of the film, though (fortunately/unfortunately, whichever way you want to look at it). It's a really good movie, though. Very touching. I think that French arthouse movies just have to have a minimum number of semi-nude screenshots before they're allowed to be released. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is a forum announcement above

Make sure you see it

The decision to block unregistered posting has been reversed. We will carry on checking IP addresses

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Anyone ever had a Mr. Robinson moment (as opposed to Mrs. Robinson)?

So exciting, Saoirse Ronans new vampire movie is filming beside my house today! I can see the tea station from my room. I keep peeking out hoping to see her. (Hey, she's 18 in April!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So exciting, Saoirse Ronans new vampire movie is filming beside my house today! I can see the tea station from my room. I keep peeking out hoping to see her. (Hey, she's 18 in April!)

Legal age is 17 in Ireland ;) Just go down for a gawk and be nosey, they might even give you tea :P

Yeah but I like to err on the side of caution in case! ;)

Sadly I have to write a website today, so no gawking at chicks for B&C. :(

Hey I've been meaning to pop by and visit you...yknow...to see how you are and stuff...:P

Didn't know Neil Patrick Harris was gay. God I'm slow :P

'you lucky b'$tard$, you lucky lucky b'$tard$!'
    Having a monty python moment.

Blessed be the cheesemakers etc.

Nyan Cat wrote: »
    'you lucky b'$tard$, you lucky lucky b'$tard$!'
    Having a monty python moment.

Blessed be the cheesemakers etc.

This is a dead thread! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It has expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late thread. It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't bumped it up it would be pushing up the daisies. It has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This is an ex-thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Now, I've noticed a tendency for this thread to get rather silly. Now I do my best to keep things moving along, but I'm not having things getting silly. Those last two conversations I read got very silly indeed. And that last post about the thread being dead was even sillier.

Now, nobody likes a good laugh more than I do, except perhaps my wife and some of her friends. Oh yes, and Captain Johnson. Come to think of it, most people like a good laugh more than I do, but that's beside the point.

Now, let's have a good, clean, healthy outdoor thread. Get some air into your lungs. Ten, nine, eight and all that...

You pair of old ladies!
    Always look on the bright side of life de do de do de do dedodedodedo

This is a dead thread! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It has expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late thread. It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't bumped it up it would be pushing up the daisies. It has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This is an ex-thread!

Nay, it is a Holy Thread.

O Lord, bless this Thy Holy Thread that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits -- in Thy mercy. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats.

Now thou shalt count to three, no more, no less, three being the number of the counting.

• Advertisement

True 1,2,3 Many, lots

Advertisement