Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I made some biscuits that I call chocolate jazzles earlier. The word jazzle is ruined for me because I can't think 'jazzle' without thinking the word 'vajazzle' ever since I saw a sign in the local salon advertising vajazzling now...
    I knew in a roundabout way what that is. A sparkly vaj. But I was curious and googled it anyway. It cannot be unseen!
    So now I see these images in my head when I eat a jazzle :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

God darn it now I want to google it!

I think I'll just step away from the computer for a few minutes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I've decided to watch Will & Grace all the way through. The last time I saw it on TV all those years ago I wasn't comfortable with my sexuality, now I feel I'll be able to enjoy it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

I always remembered when I found out Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory was gay - made the show instantly more enjoyable (I dunno why!?) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I always remembered when I found out Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory was gay - made the show instantly more enjoyable (I dunno why!?) :confused:

Sexuality doesn't apply to Sheldon, he reproduces via mitosis.

However,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Cracker is one of the best TV series ever... Fact...:cool:

"I drink too much, I smoke too much, I gamble too much..... I am too much..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just got dragged into a toilet by a hetro girl. She started talking about her vag and all. God I love being a trans lesbian!!!! And yes, she knew I was trans and liked girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

According to http://i.imgur.com/nb6ik.png , I'm most likely an attention whore. :p In all seriousness, though, I view myself as transitional bisexual. I've never been with a woman (yet) but I suppose it's only a matter of time. I was all set to come out of the wardrobe this year but with all the crap going on at home, I think I'll stay in my dark little place for a while longer. :/

In other news, I have a crushing desire to go into Marks and Spencers and buy a man's blazer/suit jacket. Women's sizes don't fit because I'm broadshouldered and a big lass. Can anyone suggest a good place to go find a nice blazer?

Also: Minamizing the breasts. Any tips?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I love the idea of a transitional bisexual. I'm probably one of only a few that might end being a closeted hetrosexual in time!

Sometimes I think it would be so much easier if I had been born a man. That said, I don't see myself as being transgendered in that sense.
    I'm the sort of closeted bisexual that feels most comfortable when I'm dressed masculine or in a gender-neutral sense.
    Sure, I occasionally like to don a Maxi dress but I often feel like I'm in drag if I'm forced to wear make-up and dress feminine.
    I feel most comfortable when I'm in baggy jeans, a simple shirt and Converse, no make-up and hair down or in two ponytails.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with purple plaid.

• Advertisement

You know, while I do enjoy baggies, I seem to be turning off the idea. Grand they get me through the day, especially in work. I would love to wear what I like, but the body for it I do not have and I ain't going to kid myself just yet.

You know, while I do enjoy baggies, I seem to be turning off the idea. Grand they get me through the day, especially in work. I would love to wear what I like, but the body for it I do not have and I ain't going to kid myself just yet.

I know the feeling. I'm a BIG girl as in fat, not "chubby". Last time I weighed myself I tipped the scales at 21.5 stone. I flucuate between a size 22-24 jeans size and a 18-22 shirt size. I know all too well how hard it is to find clothes that fit.

Despite this, my mother always insists on dragging me into Penneys at every opportunity to point out clothes I have no hope of fitting into.
    I've tried practically every diet under the sun, joined Weightwatchers about 4 times in my life and whilst I might lose at most 11-12lbs over 6 weeks, I just can't silence the little gremlin inside my brain telling me to reach for the Snickers so inevitably, the weight goes back on.

I'm done with being miserable about my weight. I think one thing I've learnt about myself over the years I've spent coming to terms with my sexuality is that if you can't accept your own body, how can you expect someone else to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

McChubbin wrote: »

I'm done with being miserable about my weight. I think one thing I've learnt about myself over the years I've spent coming to terms with my sexuality is that if you can't accept your own body, how can you expect someone else to?
    without trying to make you feel like crap, mate of mine is about the same weight and while I love him for who he is, his weight is getting out of control and it's like a heart attack waiting to happen. We started walking lately just to get him motivated and after ten minutes we have to stop because he physically can't do anymore. regardless of how your body may look maybe if you started thinking about how the health effects outweigh accepting the aesthetics of it you might find something to motivate you if you decide you wanted to shed some weight. (each to their own and all that too, but would be a shame to cut your life short because you feel more comfortable that way)

[edit: also if you need some help feel free to pm me, you could start an online diary and check out the health and fitness forum here you will get plenty of advice and encouragment for free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

In other news, I have a crushing desire to go into Marks and Spencers and buy a man's blazer/suit jacket. Women's sizes don't fit because I'm broadshouldered and a big lass. Can anyone suggest a good place to go find a nice blazer?

Also: Minamizing the breasts. Any tips?
    I flucuate between a size 22-24 jeans size and a 18-22 shirt size. I know all too well how hard it is to find clothes that fit.

Well, I'm not too far off your size by the sounds of things, and I'm a big fan of more masculine dressing, although I don't go in for minimising my breasts- I quite like mine! :D

The problem with going into mens departments is that no matter how big you are, suits and jackets simply will not fit the female body properly. If you're an 18-20 on top you will find it hard to get a mans jacket that closes and that doesn't swamp your frame everywhere else. The problem with that is that while you can get stuff tailored, shoulders are the one that really causes problems. Even if you say you're broad shouldered, you won't be as broad as a guy, or at least it's unlikely. The arm length and torso length will be proportionally wrong for a female body. The end result of this will be that you will look way bigger than you are. Like, way bigger. You'll end up looking like a little kid dressing up in Daddys jacket, which is just not what you're going for, at all.

Keep an eye out in New Look and Evans for masculine inspired pieces but that are actually cut to take the female shape into consideration. TBH though Evans is a complete rip off for the quality you get. But I've got a great tweed blazer, and a great cord sports jacket in New Look that are very masculine, which suits my style, but cut for my body which makes me look better and fits my style better.

I've found some great gender neutral jackets in Eager Beaver, although I tend to the more peacocky type of dressing- my pinstripe velvet jacket was my prize find in there, which isn't for everyone- especially since i usually wear it with a skinny leather tie, which I also found in there!!! ;)

Did anyone happen to catch the Special Report on Sky Sports News last night, Football's Last Taboo. It concerns efforts to kick homophobia out of football, similar as to the efforts being made to get rid of racism.

As a huge football fan, and as someone who is also coming to terms with their sexuality, I found it very interesting.

In football grounds (I've been to plenty), casual racism/homophobia/etc. is rampant amongst fans. FFS, I remember trying to get the "He's half a girl, he's half a boy..." chant going about Fernando Torres at a game before. The excuse "everyone is doing it" seems very real when it comes to football, as everyone is chanting and an awful lot of football chants are incredibly offensive on all fronts.

Football is the one sport left (pretty much) where no professional player is 'out' as gay. As a person who has been to so many games of football in England, it is sad to say that it is easy to see why. Any little thing about a player is used against them as a weapon: we have 'Fat Frank' Lampard, Wayne 'Shrek' Rooney, Fernando Torres getting slated because of his boyish looks, etc. Can you imagine what it would be like if a footballer came out??? The fans (and probably fans of his own team, not just opposition teams) would have an absolute field day.

Even fellow professional footballers could not be trusted; an incredible 12 professional footballers have so far this year been sanctioned for putting up homophobic tweets on Twitter.

And what really makes me sad is the fact that I'm sure there are gay footballers out there, but they are living in absolute fear of it ever being revealed. These men would be lambasted and slated by the gutter press and ignorant fans, and most sadly of all, possibly their own team-mates and management.

I love football, and I love going to matches, but it is the one thing about the game that disturbs me no end; football's attitude to gay people is still stuck in the 1950's... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

There was a show on BBC THREE a few weeks ago about gay footballers and the case of Justin Fashanu who came out and soon after committed suicide when he was accused of sexually assaulting a young boy in America. It has been uploaded to YouTube if you would like to watch it. Part 1 of 4 is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2yA-DVV10Q

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

What's everyones plans for Paddy's day? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Get pissed and have fun. That's mine anyway!

Working all weekened, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... not good...:(

And could possibly get called in on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I am getting off to Budapest today for mini vacation. I have already located an Irish Pub there, I may drop by for a pint or two. . .(or three. . .or four. . .)
    Have fun everybody!!!

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Working all weekened, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... not good...:(

And could possibly get called in on Monday!

Bad buzz!!!!
    Irish Aris wrote: »
    I am getting off to Budapest today for mini vacation. I have already located an Irish Pub there, I may drop by for a pint or two. . .(or three. . .or four. . .)
    Have fun everybody!!!

Have fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Locking myself in my apartment with friends, pizza and copious videogames. I don't really like Paddy's day and now that I live in town there is no way in HELL I'm setting foot outside my door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Wonderful Paddy's weekend planned.... starting with a friend's 40th on Friday night, dinner with my new girlfriend on Saturday in a lovely restaurant in town, followed by a long lazy Sunday with her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Avoid it as much as possible! An American holiday celebrating a welshman who brought a religion to this country that I have very little time for! What's to celebrate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Three 6 Nations matches on Saturday. Duvet day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Italy to beat Scotland
    Wales to beat France
    Ireland to beat England

CHELSEA CHELSEA!!! GET IN THERE!!! BELIEVE!!!

CAREFREE!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Possibly the parade. My family loves the atmosphere in town at paddys parade.

• Advertisement

Locking myself in my apartment with friends, pizza and copious videogames. I don't really like Paddy's day and now that I live in town there is no way in HELL I'm setting foot outside my door.

If only I could be in two places at once :P

Advertisement