Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well due to being jobless I've moved back to Athlone, but some weekend hopefully as I don't plan on being unemployed for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

My dad recently had a bout of pneumonia and wants to kick the cigs. He'd been on 20 a day. Used to be 60 a day and has smoked for 40 years or so. Anyway he won't let anyone smoke in his house now (mostly cos it's tempting!) he had a mate and his family visit on Easter. The mate lights up - dad says take that outside pls. Yer man looks at him like he has 5 heads.
    He argued about it but his missus and my dad ganged up on him so he sat in his car for a smoke (well,, half a pack of cigs).
    The funny thing was that that guys house is no smoking, everyone has to feck off out back.

It's lovely how fresh the house is now. Doesn't smell of chimney. Smells of dog instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

only a beer could make me feel better right now. I'm going to get doused.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I think the hormones are starting to take hold. I tried to have more than a couple of beers last Thursday night, but I couldn't even force myself to drink any more than 3. So I went home early and still with my senses in place. On saying that, I think my appetite is beginning to change as well. I ate a portion I'd be used before and now I really feel yuk, more so than I've ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Babybuff wrote: »
    only a beer could make me feel better right now. I'm going to get doused.
    Bold! A beer will never make you feel better, getting out and interacting will though, so have a great night out but be careful with the booze.

I don't know if that's me talking or the lonely tenner in my pocket but anyway... what's up with ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm all fit to scream blue murder. ****ing smokers have taken over the living room, forcing me to stay in my room all night. Then they complain that they never ****ing see me. ARGH! Why can't smoking be made illegal? I want it banned forever. Urgh.
    I need to move out. I don't know how much longer my lungs can put up with the passive smoke. *cries*
    PuT a smoke alarm in the room ;)

Bold! A beer will never make you feel better, getting out and interacting will though, so have a great night out but be careful with the booze.

I don't know if that's me talking or the lonely tenner in my pocket but anyway... what's up with ya?

I tried to get doused but for some reason ended up drinking non alcoholic beer after 12. Thats how bad it was. I don't know what's wrong with me. On a side note I just rolled a smoke and it disappeared.

edit: found it

*edit
    I sort of do know what's wrong but it'snot one thing in particular, think maybe the constant cold is biting at me or the fact that I haven't worked in a week so I have had no outlet but I'm still trying to keep busy I just get bored very easily if there's nothing to focus on and I turn my attention to stuff that I normally wouldn't be bothered with. Also, I know I would get slammed if I said what I was on my mind right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buzzing wide awake can't sleep! Playing in a club with 250 odd people in it is quite intoxicating :-)

stephen_n wrote: »
    Buzzing wide awake can't sleep! Playing in a club with 250 odd people in it is quite intoxicating :-)
    where I went they were playing the bangles mixed with Kylie for hours while every seat in the venue was reserved by an entire group of hens :( our gay bar is ****. Met a couple of lads from Dublin though who managed to cheer me up (after I spent the first half of the night making them convince me they were gay ) but they promised they would take me away from this hell hole someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Babybuff wrote: »
    where I went they were playing the bangles mixed with Kylie for hours while every seat in the venue was reserved by an entire group of hens :( our gay bar is ****. Met a couple of lads from Dublin though who managed to cheer me up (after I spent the first half of the night making them convince me they were gay ) but they promised they would take me away from this hell hole someday.

Lol well I didn't play any Kylie but certainly threw in a bit of cheese along with the RnB and chart stuff, not really my taste in music but you play the crowd. Certainly the nicest looking club I have ever played in, really really cool decor. Hopefully get to play it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I was in the George last night and oh lordy, the amount of people rushing to buy me drinks once they found out it was my birthday! :D If any forumers were there that night, I was the eejit who did Bohemian Rhapsody for the kareoke.
    Great fun was had by all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Funny that, I was in a bar somewhere else in the country on Saturday night for a mates birthday, and we both got drunk and sang Bohemian Rhapsody as well! I sounded fantastic (or so I thought!) My friend was tone deaf though and totally ruined my performance!

And I was out on Saturday night singing don't stop me now, well... if you could call it singing, yey Queen!

I have two rooms to paint and I can't decide on colours, I should be good at this but I'm stumped. half the walls are covered in tester pot splodges and nothing is hitting the spot.

Ooh, I like colours, what kind of thing are you doing?

was hoping someone would be good with colours. :)
    I'm doing a small L shaped hallway with not much light so it's got to be bright to help reflect light (there are glass panels in the front door and thats the only light) but also sort of neutral as the other rooms lead off from it. It used to be a sort of pale pecan on top with white embossed wallpaper on the bottom (urgh) so I stripped it and so far have tried rich cream (which was ok just boring) and toasted almond, which looks a bit depressing.
    The living space is L shaped open plan kitchen sitting room and wanted say a feature wall or darker colour where the sofas are (cuz they are cream) and I wanted to go really dark but just not sure it will work in such a small space. It used to be sort of almondy colour too but everything is just beige. So far I tried mid berry and ashen mauve. I saw a mad colour called urbanite the other day and was tempted, it's almost charcoal grey. Need some colour. (most of trim and other furniture and stuff is white, it is small enough space too so need to make it look bigger, a bit more contemporary and work as just a nice hang out space) They all have antique piney colour laminate flooring if it helps. Just throw colours at me.
    Go!

Light doesn't have to be tans and creams, greys, blues and some greens can do the job quite nicely. Greys especially manage the same neutral effect as creams, but they're a bit more mature looking, and they don't have to be cold.
    pale powder
    gauze
    echo

I really dislike the beige effect. If you look along the lighter end of the scales here you might get some ideas, as well as through the lighter colours on the second site up there.

As for feature colours, I absolutely adore the retrospective collection on the little greene site, although I've yet to see anywhere you could actually put them... You can go really bright as opposed to bold, I've a feature wall in a kind of duck egg green (can't remember the name though) and it does the job of defining the area and adding colour without being overpowering, my walls are a white though, I can't imagine what would work with almondy (especially when I don't know the almondy).

Oh and you should be able to get a hardware store that will mix you paint to match the more expensive brands at a fraction of the cost so don't be afraid to look at them.

Do I come across fanboyish? Little Greene do such pretty colours though...

Did I even give you a true grey? here's one

Hope they open for you now, have no idea if they're any use to you though

I am leaning toward a grey, I thought the ashen mauve would have been more grey but it's too purpley. been playing with this for hours. think it's a case of having too much choice. (but it's too much fun too) http://www.crownpaint.co.uk/colour/1108/manon.htm

That is fun! Every grey will lean towards a colour the trick is to get one that leans towards colours that will balance what's in your house. White Dark would work as a feature in a small room if it's bright enough and it's fairly neutral by the looks of it, quite similar to your urbanite actually.

• Advertisement

I spotted that too, love it. think that might be the one. (ahmg i said gorgeous)

This is always the strangest thread in LGBT...

I feel weird now

No don't! I'm just thinking of the sheer randomness of what gets discussed here.

well, thank you for helping me choose a colour..really appreciate it. :pac:

(thats why it's here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yay interior design! (I do love how I'm 99% sure the ones discussing interior design on an LGBT board are the lesbians...)

Have you guys checked out OffBeat Home? From the same people who do Off Beat Bride and Off Beat Mama, for people who don't want to do the house or wedding or kids thing the same way as everyone else... I've gotten some great inspiration on there for cheering up my little white on white rented flat, and our whole civil partnership planning is pretty much being done through Off Beat Bride.

Well if you ever need someone who's handy with a bit of DIY :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm not allowed do DIY. I am allowed no power tools whatsoever, and hand tools only under supervision.

I am very very clumsy.

Well if you ever need someone who's handy with a bit of DIY :P

I want to build many many things, I need a handywoman with power tools in house. I know I said I would just paint but you know how it is, you have to change the curtains and move stuff around and build things. I want to build shelves across one wall and into an archway that divide the room. It's going to look sexy.

• Advertisement

I know, simple home improvements are never simple.

Advertisement