Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

^^snap!
    I just submitted a research assignment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I hated college with a-passion. Delighted I'm out of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I loved College, it was secondary school I couldn't wait to get out of. I wasn't a trouble maker, but College couldn't wait to get rid of me though, as one of my exploits through backround knowledge shut down an entire block of lecture rooms and labs for an hour. Apparently, as ingenius as it is, using a kettle lead and connector cable to create a feed back loop despite the bang, doesn't impress the department heads all that much.

Creating and sending a message that appears on every Computer in the college saying hello, over and over again, just isn't as funny as everyone else outside my year group thinks it is either. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

I like college usually but DESPISE doing assignments when we are out on placements. Working full-time hours and means my brain just can't handle anything productive after it. No idea how people do distance learning. My girlfriend works full time and its taking 120 credits this semester in her distance learning degree... Whole new level of respect for her :o

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

When I was in college, I didn't mind the cramming and rush for assignments... I then decided to work for a year or two to save up for a masters... It's great, working til 5, then being able to go home and completely forget about everything until 9 o'clock the following morning. When I think back to the nights I spent panicing over assignments and exams and pulling all-nighters... Nah, I think that that masters won't be done any time soon! Couldn't face going back into that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Davyhal wrote: »
    When I was in college, I didn't mind the cramming and rush for assignments... I then decided to work for a year or two to save up for a masters... It's great, working til 5, then being able to go home and completely forget about everything until 9 o'clock the following morning. When I think back to the nights I spent panicing over assignments and exams and pulling all-nighters... Nah, I think that that masters won't be done any time soon! Couldn't face going back into that!

I cannot express how much I am looking forward to a job for that simple reason. No matter if I am pretty much up to date, college wise, I still get 'the dread' that really, I should be working. It makes it very hard to enjoy your free time.

I'm working full time and doing a full time degree and diploma as well as doing my professional qualifications all distance learning. It's a nightmare.

RiseToMe wrote: »
    I'm working full time and doing a full time degree and diploma as well as doing my professional qualifications all distance learning. It's a nightmare.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

jesus fair play to you

Thats that happens when you don't make proper use of free fees when you first get them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Generally, I love college but yeah assignments and exams scare the sh1t out of me and I'm the same as baby; I know I'm not doing a fancy PhD :P but I still always feel like I should be doing work

• Advertisement

Generally, I love college but yeah assignments and exams scare the sh1t out of me and I'm the same as baby; I know I'm not doing a fancy PhD :P but I still always feel like I should be doing work

Neither am I anymore! I decided to go for an m.litt instead. Well, I say "I decided", really, it was decided for me. :p

Neither am I anymore! I decided to go for an m.litt instead. Well, I say "I decided", really, it was decided for me. :p

Ah right, and are you happy with that? Have no idea what a m.litt involved :o Is it less stressful than a PhD? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ah right, and are you happy with that? Have no idea what a m.litt involved :o Is it less stressful than a PhD? :pac:

Ah an M.Litt is a research degree the same as a phd. Not as stringent and i dont get to be a Dr. Which I don't really care about anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I've come across the author somewhere but I can't for the life of me think where... Nice to see some visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Just booked my very first sun holiday (which at 25 years old, is well over-due!). First holiday since London pride in 2010 as well!!! Roll on Gran Canaria!! Wooo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Going to my GP again this evening to review the medication I'm on and get a referral to Psychiatry as soon as possible. On another note, a recruiter is sizing me up for a position down in Galway. I'm inclinded to leave the Company I'm with here in Dublin, given their behaviour in the last month and a half over silly little things. I think asking me to come in, in bad weather (-4 temperature, heavy fog and black ice) when I could have easily worked from home was the last straw to be honest. Think that I could find a similar job with better money and live in a much cheaper area is what's attracting me to leave as well.

Was in the dentist for a routine check-up. Now my face is puffy and numb :P Finding it hard not to drool and spew my tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Itzy wrote: »
    Was in the dentist for a routine check-up. Now my face is puffy and numb :P Finding it hard not to drool and spew my tea.
    I hate hate hate the numb feeling, it's so horrid. Got a tooth pulled in 2011 and the numbness went from my chin right up to my ear. *shivers*

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

yeah i'm way too old to drool over this probable baby dyke but am pretty impressed by her music & performance tonight
    check out www.soakmusic.net if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

and i am aware its pretty sad to be in on friday night watching ryan but have vibes, dildos etc lined up ready for a night of self passion later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

20 rugby players in for their dinner in work this evening. Made it interesting.

Lucky my boss can't read my mind or I'd be long gone!

lazorgirl wrote: »
    yeah i'm way too old to drool over this probable baby dyke but am pretty impressed by her music & performance tonight
    check out www.soakmusic.net if interested

Saw her as a support act once and my God she's terrible. Haha just goes to show music is so subjective :pac:

Actually her voice is good to be fair. I just didn't like her music, found it very boring and she came across very annoying but then again she is like 16

Ah give her time JCY. She's young yet and needs time to develop her writing style.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

I think Soak is fantastic, Heard her stuff a couple of months ago and had to have a listen to her other stuff straight away, which i loved. To think that she's only 16 and is getting so much attention is great, without having to go down the route of talent shows. Recently it seems every month she is making progress and i cant wait to see where she can go with it. Only problem is i think she might find it had to build a bigger audience. But at the moment this kids got alot of potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Go see Django, it's unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Itzy wrote: »
    Ah give her time JCY. She's young yet and needs time to develop her writing style.

No doubt she's got a great voice but whether she can develop her writing or not remains to be seen. And of course, she is very young. I wish her the best of luck especially as she's Irish :pac: but I don't see her going far. If anything, even if she was a very talented writer I don't think her image/stage presence would sell unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Condolences to the family of Detective Garda Adrian Donoghue. Detective Donoghue was killed in the line of duty, helping to protect this country from the criminal element that unfortunately stalks our streets. With any luck, those responsible will be brought to justice before they harm anyone else. RIP.

• Advertisement

It was a distressing night last night. I was in ER with my Fiancee when a 7 week old child was brought in for a cardiac arrest. The poor child didn't make it and the Gardai were present also.

Advertisement