Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Had a tooth pulled today. Jaw is numb from the injection still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Late Late Show now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭Daith

Late Late Show now

How can gay people be against gay marriage. Also why does gay marriage always mean babies. There are same sex familes already.

Shouldn't watch stuff that makes me angry before going to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

+1. Was chilled out watching QI, stewing in my confused crush on Stephen Fry when my mum told me to watch it.

The thread in the TV forum killed me a little. It seems there are people who are blissfully unaware that they share a society with "gays".

On a positive note, a quick and dirty show of hands from the audience showed a huge majority would vote yes to allowing us filthy heathens to marry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

She returns!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Watching the rugby. Feck it those lads would give you some horn!

Need to up my training much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You know those days where you are really really angry for a thousand different reasons, and all of them are stupid on their own but together they make up this massive web of just rubbish and pissed-off-ness, and no-one can say anything right?

Yeah, I'm having one of them.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I know the feeling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Was woken by my OH at 5am this morning who muttered "you're very hot". :D

Wondering why I was being complimented at that ungodly hour, he finished off the sentence with - "I think you left the electric blanket on"!!! :mad:

He'll be making his own bedtime hot whiskeys for a while!!

(even more annoying - he was right about the blanket :o )

Anyone watching the Super Bowl??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Daith wrote: »
    How can gay people be against gay marriage. Also why does gay marriage always mean babies. There are same sex familes already.

Shouldn't watch stuff that makes me angry before going to bed

Meanwhile David Quinn trawled through twitter

http://www.ionainstitute.ie/index.php?id=2756

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

Anyone watching the Super Bowl??
    Glued to it! God bless America. Its all very exciting. I think I'm on my own :pac:

Superbowl wasn't the best but was glad to see the Ravens win. I don't know why people all of a sudden got so excited about the Superbowl when they've never seen a football game. And that's not in a snobby "I'm a real football fan" :P kind of way; more just that I'd imagine it's not entertaining if you haven't been following the season.

Apart from the halftime show of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

Superbowl wasn't the best but was glad to see the Ravens win. I don't know why people all of a sudden got so excited about the Superbowl when they've never seen a football game. And that's not in a snobby "I'm a real football fan" :P kind of way; more just that I'd imagine it's not entertaining if you haven't been following the season.

I think the normal NFL season is better. Especially when I got tickets to see it in Wembley

I think the normal NFL season is better. Especially when I got tickets to see it in Wembley

I'd actually love to go to one of those big games over in London. I used to think football was really boring, but it's not. It's really quite tactical, which is pretty cool.

I don't think any given normal season game is necessarily better. The Superbowl is a fantastic event. I just don't think this year's game was particularly good. I love the playoffs and the build up the Superbowl though.

Going to Wembley next year and really looking forward to it but it's not really the same. The atmosphere is totally different when it's thousands of fans supporting different teams entirely, compared to a home Pats vs Packers game or something.

Went to a few pre-season games and man they are shocking. Still enjoyed them but totally different to regular season!! Would love to go to some regular season games in America some time, or even the Superbowl. Would be incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

I'm a big fan. I've been to a lot of games in the states.
    I am excited because i dig it so much.

B&C did you see the Superbowl ad for 2 Broke Girls? You would appreciate it :pac:
    apache wrote: »
    I'm a big fan. I've been to a lot of games in the states.
    I am excited because i dig it so much.

Haha ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Am I the only gay lad who hates shopping?!

If you saw a lanky string of depression walking down Henry St at 4.30 with an Arnotts bag, that was me :p

Nope. Had my attempt at it again today. The tsunami of red skinny jeans and stupid wooly, Christmas/hipster-looking jumpers hurt my head. I had to laugh at the straight lads and how at home they were in there. Times are certainly a changin'.

Plus I went in to buy jocks and they wanted €30 for a pair of CKs from 2008. Feck that.

Online shopping FTW. No rummaging, more convenient, cheaper and you get to check out the lads that fill those jocks out ;)

Purely for the fit ofc. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Online shopping is well better... Or if I go over to the States, cos the price of clothes over there is just unreal. We just get ripped off over here to an unbelievable extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

If the salesman in Arnotts wasn't cute I might have left empty handed :P

I looked around everywhere, fashion is just a joke. I just wanted a jacket!

I went in to a shop looking for pants before and the guy in there asked me was I looking for anything in particular as soon as I went in. I just had to smile and quietly say "just pants".:o

I couldn't give over the type of money A&F ask for, but I had a good stare at the lads on the door when I walked past:P

Ah yeah I get the appeal of A&F all right :p More so if they didn't enforce that strict no body hair rule of theirs.

In fairness their jeans are very good imo and worth it. But I was more or less just looking for a jacket today as well. Went around to Tommy Hilfiger and everywhere else with fuk all around. Need to find a girl to do it for me I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Am I the only gay lad who hates shopping?!

Definitely not!!! Its the bane of my life!!! But look on the brightside - it could have been worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭Daith

I hate shopping. I have no sense of style whatsoever and I hate asking sales people what they recommend.,

Lol, maybe a boards gay ppl who hate shopping support group is needed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I would sign up for such a support group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Two of the phelps clan have defected from the WBC;
    We know that we’ve done and said things that hurt people. Inflicting pain on others wasn’t the goal, but it was one of the outcomes. We wish it weren’t so, and regret that hurt.

Statement: https://medium.com/turning-points/83d2ef8ba4f5

Journalists report: https://medium.com/reporters-notebook/d63ecca43e35

I've just discovered Macklemore. I got a little emotional listening to this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

I've just discovered Macklemore. I got a little emotional listening to this :o

Cheers Jaffacakes, a really powerful & moving clip and i'm liking the tune too.
    i will let this resonate around my head for a while - its given me a warm bright hopeful feeling inside.

• Advertisement

Yeah, really nice to see something like that being released from a straight artist too :)

Advertisement