Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

For any of you guys who speak Spanish, there is this really interesting TV series in Spain called Física o Química, in which they deal with common issues to LGBT (Coming out, dealing with parents, etc) through two guys in a relationship. If anything, it's quite funny.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLst49VA9ubG9h0gd4o49v91iQhpQDHOUF

(This playlist actually shows the snipets that relate to the development of the couple)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

For any of you guys who speak Spanish, there is this really interesting TV series in Spain called Física o Química, in which they deal with common issues to LGBT (Coming out, dealing with parents, etc) through two guys in a relationship. If anything, it's quite funny.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLst49VA9ubG9h0gd4o49v91iQhpQDHOUF

(This playlist actually shows the snipets that relate to the development of the couple)

I've seen that show, it's always coming on the tv in the evenings over here. It's quite good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

lazorgirl wrote: »
    Just spent a happy few hours in car commuting today listening to Tegan & Sara's new album Heartthrob.
    Im really hoping those very cute girls do a gig here this year.

I saw them years ago in the UK, very good show, I'm hoping they come here too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Man, people find my blog using the FUNNIEST search terms.

- "I want an Irish dyke" (Get in line)
    - "dapper dyke"
    - "giggling dog" (???)
    - "rockabilly butch lesbians" :cool:
    - chunky dyke :o
    - "take girlfriend with kiss"
    - "I'm gay for Graham Coxon" :confused:

and my favourite "getting started to be a lesbian" :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

I was out with my sis today and she was rambling on and she mentioned one of her friends has a gay brother. She sounded rather excited about it and I was so tempted then and there to say "So do you!!" Chickened out though :( Urgh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

In need of food. Poor sister-in-law is dying after her 18th. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I have been studying so long that I think I have lost the ability to function as a human being...
    I was out with my sis today and she was rambling on and she mentioned one of her friends has a gay brother. She sounded rather excited about it and I was so tempted then and there to say "So do you!!" Chickened out though :( Urgh.

But you know now that she'll most likely be cool with it when you are ready :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

599069_620362217990429_919185132_n.jpg

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

599069_620362217990429_919185132_n.jpg

Even the nuns aren't scandal free any more... :P Merciless bitches...

"Human rights are not only violated by terrorism, repression or assassination, but also by unfair economic structures that creates huge inequalities." Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio (Pope Francis I)

I have to say I can strongly agree with him on that.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

"Human rights are not only violated by terrorism, repression or assassination, but also by unfair economic structures that creates huge inequalities." Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio (Pope Francis I)

I have to say I can strongly agree with him on that.

His views on gay marriage? Gay marriage in Argentina was a 'machination of the Father of Lies'.

Sounds like something straight from Father Ted....Father Chewie Luwie, Father Rabouile Conundrum....Father HairyCake Linum...

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Finding it hard to drag myself away from Fifa manager 2012 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

Itzy wrote: »
    Finding it hard to drag myself away from Fifa manager 2012 :P

I never get the attraction of those games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Football manager is better anyway. Really it's all about the spreadsheets. Comparing stats and pushing numbers. It takes a perverse mind to enjoy them.

(Really, it's about the story created. It really is only numbers being moved about but in the end it all adds up to a story that you put together in your head (like getting angry at one player because he's not performing as he should, only for him to score the winning goal in a quarter final and he suddenly becomes your favourite player and you're telling everyone in the media that you always had confidence in him.)

I look sooooooooooooooooooo gay today it's not even funny. :cool:

I'm involved with this campaign which is really great

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

They're AMAZEBALLS!!!!

• Advertisement

RIP Chris Robson

Co-Founder of GLEN (Gay and Lesbian Equality Network)
    Founding member of Dublin Lesbian & Gay Collectives
    Founding member of Gay Health Action (precursor to Gay Mens Health Service)

Pioneer of gay rights movements
    Equality advocate for all

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Football manager is better anyway. Really it's all about the spreadsheets. Comparing stats and pushing numbers. It takes a perverse mind to enjoy them.

Football Manager: Excel with a colour interface.

However, its still eaten MONTHS of my life :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

RIP Chris Robson

Co-Founder of GLEN (Gay and Lesbian Equality Network)
    Founding member of Dublin Lesbian & Gay Collectives
    Founding member of Gay Health Action (precursor to Gay Mens Health Service)

Pioneer of gay rights movements
    Equality advocate for all

Am deeply saddened to read this - I remember Chris well from many talks he gave to groups in the 1980s, for his constant campaigning for LGBT rights, his many appearances on TV and radio, countless newspaper and magazine articles etc. A sincere and dedicated man.

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I'm involved with this campaign which is really great

So that's where your avatar came from, thanks for that, googling it has turned up some interesting reading for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Sticking with the general no hate theme here's an inspiring video which imagines what Anne Frank, Harvey Milk, Martin Luther King and other victims of hate and bigotry would be doing if they were alive today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

I was missing my guitar back in Ireland so I got myself a new flamenca one today. Lovin' it! Been playing it all afternoon. I think I may say adios to good grades this semester...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Really inspiring article (ignoring the title :P) about Robbie Rodgers - the professional footballer who came out last month.

Rogers: why coming out as gay meant I had to leave football

http://gu.com/p/3eng7

Watch this http://youtu.be/KbtAn3dic-g

Specifically from 2.20...

I am currently obsessing over their new album of which the following is one of the stand out tracks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7duOi9Zuvo

Can't wait to see them later on this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Watch this http://youtu.be/KbtAn3dic-g

Specifically from 2.20...

Brilliant video, and so neatly sums up why Football Manager is so blindingly "addictive". I started playing it, and you just cannot stop. There are so many things to do and so many things that have positive and negative effects in the game and so on. I never saw the appeal until I downloaded a version of the game for a handheld device. It has captured me.

And just FYI: the teams I'm currently managing (I have like 3 games on the go at once) are Chelsea F.C. (the team I support IRL), Republic of Ireland (for obvious reasons) and Doncaster Rovers (for the challenge). No prizes for guessing which team is the easiest to manage or which team I'm most successful with...

Advertisement