Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just came across this

http://reallyopen.com/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Currently managing Australia for the money and my own team I founded for the challenge. Won't give out the name of my team, name is a little dirty :P Have already gotten my team promoted twice from Regional Division 2 to Conference North and have won a Cup with the team. Currently worth €2 million :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭Daith

Iona institute makes my skin crawl. Gays are experimenting with children now when they try to raise them.

Say "ICE", "BANK", "MICE", "ELF" outloud...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Say "ICE", "BANK", "MICE", "ELF" outloud...

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Loving the new Paramore tracks debuting every night. Frotting at the mouth at some of them, they're that good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Ash885 wrote: »
    Loving the new Paramore tracks debuting every night. Frotting at the mouth at some of them, they're that good!

I think you mean frothing, yes? Otherwise...
    frotting

Rubbing one's crotch against unexpecting people, furniture or walls. A favourite of sex-starved Japanese businessmen on the sub-way.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=frotting

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Bahaha, obviously I meant frotting. Who doesn't like an aul rub?

I'm actually crying with laughter here...never knew spelling could be so important! :P Lesson learned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I think you mean frothing, yes? Otherwise...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=frotting

;)

It also covers rubbing against expecting people ;)

You'd miss Garret Fitzgeralds analysis of Maggie T

I think Peter Tatchell gets it about right

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/peter-g-tatchell/margaret-thatcher-extraordinary-but-heartless_b_3042345.html

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

Human brains are estimated to be 70 – 75% H2O.

I'd have said most brains of most people are 70-75% sawdust and/or bullsh*t, tbh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Random! You learn something new everyday I suppose. Like today I was watching old episodes of the IT Crowd and learned that a soldering iron is actually a real thing! :eek: I always thought it was just some random made up words:confused:

Obviously I never did metalwork or the like.:D

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Random! You learn something new everyday I suppose. Like today I was watching old episodes of the IT Crowd and learned that a soldering iron is actually a real thing! :eek: I always thought it was just some random made up words:confused:

Obviously I never did metalwork or the like.:D

Jaysus, next thing you'll be letting us you don't know what a CNC lathe is :rolleyes:

:p

1ZRed wrote: »
    Jaysus, next thing you'll be letting us you don't know what a CNC lathe is :rolleyes:

:p

Duh!:rolleyes: Sure obviously everyone knows what those yokes are! :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

the new song/video by Lara Fabian

This makes me laugh and smile so much. I love it as I have really found MDH do inspiring and had a massive hug from him once

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/michael-d-higgins-birthday-874888-Apr2013/?utm_source=shortlink

Terry Pratchet

They got him... :cool:

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Bloody football. I love it and hate it in equal measures... But unless you're a Liverpool fan, you will always hate HIM:

430557_644414288917842_1120867162_n.jpg

Filth bucket... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

God lads the stress is getting to me! I hand in my thesis NEXT WEEK and OF COURSE the sun comes out and with it so does all the tousled hair and sundresses. God the library is a distracting place these days! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

God lads the stress is getting to me! I hand in my thesis NEXT WEEK and OF COURSE the sun comes out and with it so does all the tousled hair and sundresses. God the library is a distracting place these days! :o

Spent most of the day dealing with the most amazing upper arms I have ever encountered. Of course the arms were attached to the body of some doctor and by dealing with I mean gaze ninjaly from afar :o More mild weather please!

:eek:

NASA rovers accidentally draw penis on Mars - picture
    The image, which was shared on Reddit earlier this morning (April 24), proved so popular that it caused the NASA website to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tainor

Well Mr. Soldering_Iorn, since you brought it up as H2O, rather than pure water content to weight ratio, I am due to tell you that molecule wise the human brain is ≈99% H2O, the rest 1% is DNA molecules. Granted DNA molecules are huge in volume compared to water molecules, hence the weight to water ratio 75%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Tainor wrote: »
    Well Mr. Soldering_Iorn, since you brought it up as H2O, rather than pure water content to weight ratio, I am due to tell you that molecule wise the human brain is ≈99% H2O, the rest 1% is DNA molecules. Granted DNA molecules are huge in volume compared to water molecules, hence the weight to water ratio 75%

Does not compute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Tainor wrote: »

But what about your nerves? Electrical impulses can't travel on water and DNA, they need set connections of neurons made of proteins and many other molecules -DNA being only found within their nucleus. DNA is a blueprint or construction guide for the cell, but not a building material to make it.
    That's why I find it hard to believe your brain is 99% water and the remaining part is just DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

5 years ago I saw a discusting picture of myself - over weight and in poor fitness. So took things serious and lost almost 4 stone. Did 2 marathons and have a huge collection of medals from races.

Over the past 18 months I have managed to put on 1.5stone and saw a not so nice picture of myself with a double chin!

So the focus is now back on with a 5km race tomorrow. And will post here weekly on how it's going.... Just to keep me on track. The goal is to loose 1 stone by October but would be delighted to loose the other .5 with it.

Current weight: 93kg
    Current Bmi:29 (normal is 25)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BMI is absolute and utter bollox, seeing as its a two dimensional calculation applied to a 3D figure, and also the "normal" range (20-25) was determined during an era of what is now accepted to be mass malnutrition.

It only came back to popularity due to thrashy womens magazines in the last decade.

I really, really wouldn't focus on it.

• Advertisement

I have redspots all over my body. I think I might have measles or chickenpox

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement