Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

I work on my PhD 9-5 and have extra lectures 6-8pm so I sometimes get home shattered, go to be at like 10-12, can't sleep very well, and then wake up at 6 feeling shattered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I feel you Itzy. I'm going through terrible bouts of wakefulness at the moment. I work 9-5 Monday-Friday, I have college 6-10 Monday-Wednesday. I've fallen into an old routine of staying up until 2/3am writing and working away, sleeping for a few hours and then going about my day. I find it incredibly difficult to sleep alone.
    I work on my PhD 9-5 and have extra lectures 6-8pm so I sometimes get home shattered, go to be at like 10-12, can't sleep very well, and then wake up at 6 feeling shattered

You people are machines, I would be dead after one week of those schedules :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

diddlybit wrote: »
    You people are machines, I would be dead after one week of those schedules :eek:

I had a relaxing 8 hours last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I had a relaxing 8 hours last night :)

That makes me so jealous. Haven't been sleeping well last week-and-a-half and the doc just put me on some steriods so now I spend half my nights in a trippy Yellow Submarine half-sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

I'm a proper nocturnal creature. I regularly get about 4 hours or so sleep midweek. Have a nice lie in on a Sunday morning (maybe). But usually I'm up and about at around 6:30 most mornings. Having gone to bed at about 2 or so. Never did sleep much, even as a kid (my parents loved that one).

Billy's different. If sleeping were an Olympic Sport, Billy would have the gold sewn up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I'm actually on medication right now because my sleeping was getting so bad, honestly didn't even bother going to bed some nights because I knew there was no point and would still maybe sleep maybe four hours the next night :( I'm doing a masters so my head is wired and there were a couple of other things stressing me, it gets into a vicious cycle: head wrecked, can't sleep, can't sleep so head is wrecked so can't sleep etc.

I've had at least 6 hours sleep the past three nights and I feel like I've just been born, it's crazy how important sleep is for you mentally. I'd normally try and avoid medication, especially for mental/emotional stuff, but this has been a life saver. Not pushing it or recommending it for anyone but if sleeplessness is really getting to you it's worth talking to your doc

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VigiloConfido

Yeah, I have days were I feel like falling asleep at half 9 in the evening. I go on my laptop and before I know it its 4 in the morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Instead, some nights I might watch the clock and tell myself, I may head to bed around 4 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

I usually get into bed around 1am but can lie awake staring at the ceiling until about 2am. I am up again at 8:30am and always feel wrecked. At the weekends I can lie in until 10 or 11am and the difference is quite noticeable. I feel much better so perhaps I should be going to bed a little earlier, but when I have done that before I just lay there for even longer staring at the ceiling. I just can't fall asleep!

I remember going to bed at a decent hour one night, then car alarm goes off. I swear it must of been going for an hour. I lost my goddamn mind, because even when it stopped, I could swear I was still hearing it. Worst night of sleep ever.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have days were I feel like falling asleep at half 9 in the evening. I go on my laptop and before I know it its 4 in the morning.

I would thank this a million times if I could! :o

I sometimes struggle to get up in the mornings, I can feel dead all day, I struggle to keep awake in the evenings. Then come midnight when I want to maybe go to bed, I have the energy of 1000 burning suns. :mad:

My body loves playing with my sanity!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Tito Man! wrote: »
    come midnight when I want to maybe go to bed, I have the energy of 1000 burning suns.

That reminds me of severe jetlag, something I am quite prone to whenever I travel as I don't have particularly regular sleeping patterns anyway.

Worst feeling ever :(

That reminds me of severe jetlag, something I am quite prone to whenever I travel as I don't have particularly regular sleeping patterns anyway.

Worst feeling ever :(

Yeah, I can't sleep on Planes. Especially on long flights where I would kill everyone for a cigarette. I tried drinking once to help me fall asleep. Didn't work. :(

My first term of college ends this week. It certainly has been a completely different experience from my last undergrad LGBTQ wise. First go around the soc was all about pissups and PT. Second time around I've actually had lots of great conversations and discussions with other LGBTQers with a cup of tea in hand. A lot of the soc events have been catered towards the younger group (no quibbles with that, I had my time :pac:) but it's been nice to have some involvement as a functioning gay adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

In the same boat, having a great time, so much so I think I might just stay here forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

My first term of college ends this week. It certainly has been a completely different experience from my last undergrad LGBTQ wise. First go around the soc was all about pissups and PT. Second time around I've actually had lots of great conversations and discussions with other LGBTQers with a cup of tea in hand. A lot of the soc events have been catered towards the younger group (no quibbles with that, I had my time :pac:) but it's been nice to have some involvement as a functioning gay adult.

What's PT?? :)

Pai Mei wrote: »
    What's PT?? :)

Pink Training :)

Linky

2 shopping days left for Christmas, better get the OH a present :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Pink Training :)

Linky

I feel old. I knew what PT meant.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

2 shopping days left for Christmas, better get the OH a present :pac:

Called a truce on this potential minefield years ago :)
    No good ever came of it - and he's a way way better shopper than I am or ever could be - so we just buy flashy/trashy Christmas cards instead :D

• Advertisement

lottpaul wrote: »
    Called a truce on this potential minefield years ago :)
    No good ever came of it - and he's a way way better shopper than I am or ever could be - so we just buy flashy/trashy Christmas cards instead :D

I managed to get what I thought was the perfect gift and I heard her giving out about the same idea to a friend of hers the other night :rolleyes: You wouldn't mind but she always gets me great presents.

For Christmas shopping, the internet is your best friend. I gave up going shopping about 5 years ago after a traumatic week of trying to shop in Dundrum and the city centre.

Now, my Christmas shopping doesn't involve me leaving the comfort of my sitting room with a nice cup of coffee. Just click. The stuff is delivered to you, gift wrapped and all. Absolutely brilliant!

Wide awake, bright as a button!....work in 7 hours :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hope everyone's feeling...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18987-1387491414-7.gif

...this fine new year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

One of my main resolutions is to be more social in the new year. Even if it's only once a month, I plan on getting out of the house and going into town for a night out. Normally I head to The George but I've found in the past that there isn't much in the way of lesbian clientele in the place. I'm bisexual/pansexual myself and I'd love to explore my sexuality a bit more but it's hard when I don't know any good spots to go other than The George as that place feels safe to me.
    I've heard good things about The Front Lounge but my mother worries I'll be set upon by predatory gay women as she (quite wrongly IMO) believes all lesbians behave like sleazy men especially when alcohol is involved. :rolleyes::(

I've never been with a woman in any sense-never even been kissed by one- and II'd like that to change this year. Can anyone recommend any good places to find understanding women who aren't put off by an inexperienced numpty such as myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

I ♥ ♫ ‼

I ♥ ♂ & ♀ 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

So a girl I know seems to like the fight that there is a challenge in trying to attract gay men .... *sigh*

In other news, a client I didn't see before Xmas hands me a bottle of red tonight ... I told myself no, not tonight, until I saw it was a screw top! It'dd be rude not to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

We should arrange to do another LBGT Boards meet up. It's been about 2 years since I last went to one hosted by this forum. Would be a nice way of getting know people. :) I'm crap at organizing things, though. Just a suggestion! :D

Tonight I told the guy that I like that I like him.....

....it didn't go so well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Didn't go to plan? I'm sorry it's made you feel so bad :(

Chin up. Hope you feel better soon.

PM me if you want to talk or just need someone to listen.

Advertisement