Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭apache

what age are you killer banana?
    15 she is! :eek:
    oh you're 19.
    age gaps like that matter in your teens. she is underage for a start and a child. i couldn't understand what a 19yr old and a 15yr old would have in common anyway.
    its way different in your late 20's and upwards i think. you can have a substantial age gap and it does not matter. obviously for legal reasons also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Gotta say, I agree that age differences shouldn't matter too much, but do you remember how much you changed between 15 and 19?! You're at two completely different stages in your life - I don't think this is a good idea.
    Also, yeah, the underage thing..

I'd really, really think about this a LOT banananananana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Ooh banana! Tread carefully, like really, really carefully. But good luck anyway, I've been the younger half of one of those relationships and it didn't work because she was too immature, so I won't load you with assumptions based on this girls age, obviously the age gap isn't a problem in that way if you got on so well before you knew it existed. But legally, and socially - bold!

how does one change their user name?
    i don't want to be a lovely dyke anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Only subscribers can change their usernames - it's €5 for one month.

• Advertisement

oh i see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Ooh banana! Tread carefully, like really, really carefully. But good luck anyway, I've been the younger half of one of those relationships and it didn't work because she was too immature, so I won't load you with assumptions based on this girls age, obviously the age gap isn't a problem in that way if you got on so well before you knew it existed. But legally, and socially - bold!

Ha. One word, Banana - niiiiiiiiiiiiice. :cool:

However. I had a thing with a 19-20 year old when I was about 15, and even though I'm now 26 and they're 30, and that's grand, I still can't stop thinking of them as being far older than me still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's so confusing 'cause sixteen's always been my maximum limit (and even then I wasn't sure sure if that was old enough). She's sixteen soon enough but I dunno if that actually makes a different or if I'm just trying to rationalise it. Ugh, I'll just have to think about it long and hard I guess. And as some of you have pointed out there's the whole legal thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Only subscribers can change their usernames - it's €5 for one month.

Can you subscribe for just one month to change your username or do you have to do the whole year? :)

I am so sick of golf. I know mcilroy is great but my dad has been watching it forever and I'm so sick of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just one month is fine if you want to change your username, in fact that's what most people who want a name change do.

• Advertisement

Can you subscribe for just one month to change your username or do you have to do the whole year? :)

I am so sick of golf. I know mcilroy is great but my dad has been watching it forever and I'm so sick of it!
    me too!
    i don't want to be a dyke anymore :(

So for five euro I get to change my name to McIlroy and annoy the crap out of you? Oh it's just so tempting...

You're not planning on changing your name though are you? It's one of my favourites here!

I might, I'm always afraid one of my friends remembers my old email and will track me down one day :P
    I've no credit card though, unless I want to make the big expedition to get a 3v card (thats the main thing I'm looking forward to about being 18, getting an o2 card so I can finally buy things online!)

Aah fair enough, what would they be doing here anyway?

I don't know...see this one time I got pissed at them for all being on tumblr and then talking about it, then when I came in they'd be all hush hush don't talk about tumblr to non-tumblees. So me being the stalkery person I am I found all their tumblrs and was like yeah **** you. They were angry because apparently it was like their 'alterego' or something, mainly it was an excuse to exclude people. So I'm a little worried they'll search me, Its a very old email address though. :P

I find this all very strange... is tumblr cool now?

Apparently? Its for hipsters who don't like facebook, and I joined and I bitch about it a lot because its the most pretentious website ever. I think the reason people like it is the ego boost from getting people to follow you :P

Aah fair enough, what would they be doing here anyway?

You never know. I've been on here for ages and I only recently found out my friend is too. I don't know his username though. I could have communicated with him on here and never known. In fact you could be him for all I know. :eek:

Apparently? Its for hipsters who don't like facebook, and I joined and I bitch about it a lot because its the most pretentious website ever. I think the reason people like it is the ego boost from getting people to follow you :P
    I have one but for a blog that isn't personal, and because you can host sites off it without using a stitch of their coding. So its cool as in too cool for popular cool? For people who never made it in school to feel loved? *delete* :p
    You never know. I've been on here for ages and I only recently found out my friend is too. I don't know his username though. I could have communicated with him on here and never known. In fact you could be him for all I know. :eek:
    I is not he as I is she, and I know there's tonnes of people on boards as a whole, but what would they be doing on this board had they not a doirty little secret? Doubt they'd cause much trouble, it'd be like calling you out for being in The George when they met you at the bar...

I is not he as I is she, and I know there's tonnes of people on boards as a whole, but what would they be doing on this board had they not a doirty little secret? Doubt they'd cause much trouble, it'd be like calling you out for being in The George when they met you at the bar...

Yeah I remembered after posting this that you're a girl, sorry about that. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Little rant not worthy of a topic on it's own so I put it in here!

Maybe it's not something that's specific to gay clubs but it's certainly not something I have experienced in straight clubs but then again it's not something I'd associate with females either! Was in the George last night for all of an hour and got not one but two what I would refer to as creepy stalkers! That is guys who stand beside you staring at you, you try not to make obvious eye contact but they just stand there, you move several times, they follow you around! Is there some special signal I'm missing for, I'm not interested please go away and stop following me around cause your freaking me out. One guy literally followed me from one side of the stage to the other and then down onto the dancefloor then back up on to the stage standing less than a foot away, short of turning around and telling him I don't date outside my species I'm not sure how to convey the message I'm not interested! Just find this kind of behavior creepy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

^ yes and also, try not to pee off your stalker.

Kanoe wrote: »
    ^ yes and also, try not to pee off your stalker.

Not that big an issue for me as most of them are usually smaller than me, just freaks me out in a "I feel violated" kind of way. Possibly I'm a little too polite for my own good!

Ok heres a mix I did last year for the lads on the rugby team for Pride. If you like dance music you may like it if you don't you won't :)

http://www.fileserve.com/file/sDfMJYK

Track List

Free Gay and Happy - Coming out crew
    I am what I am (Dicaminta remix) - Gloria Gaynor
    Celebration - disco deejays
    Gonna make you sweat - Pronto
    It's raining men (Stay in bed mix) - Carol Jiani
    I'm every woman (Brown Sugar mix) - Chynna
    Last night a DJ saved my life (rocfam remix) - Jill Razer
    Like a prayer (BPS remix) - The Mysterious Girl
    Master & Servant (Loep Edit) - Massive Ego
    People are People (Craig C Radio Edit) - Rupaul feat Tom Trujillo
    Native love (John Pleassed wimmin mix) - Divine
    Street life (real house mix) - Hayford
    Rappers delight (Bagga radio mix) - A.L.A.B.A.
    Tainted love (07 Autobahn Remix) - Speedmaster project
    Sweet dreams (bootleg mix) - Safety Groove
    Westend Girls - Scotty
    Vogue (radio mix) - skreatch
    Thriller - Rilod
    Man to Man meats Mann parish - Male stripper

** Disclaimer I am in no way saying that the choice of music on this mix is indicative in anyway of LGBT people or in anyway trying to stereotype gay musical taste. It is supposed to be kitsch, a little camp but most of all fun and not under any circumstances to be taken seriously or to cause offence in anyway***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I find the red in your disclaimer very offensive.

Dear god, do Syed and Christian ever do anything other than be gay? All they do is talk about being gay. All their storylines are how gay they are. They're so boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

stephen_n wrote: »
    Ok heres a mix I did last year for the lads on the rugby team for Pride. If you like dance music you may like it if you don't you won't :)
    Tbh:

:pac::p

(similarly not trying to cause offence.....well sorta. But in a nice way! Any excuse to post Zoidberg....)

Tbh:

:pac::p

(similarly not trying to cause offence.....well sorta. But in a nice way! Any excuse to post Zoidberg....)

I'm heartbroken by your response and am going to crawl into a corner and cry :-)

Btw it's not my music as such the first and last tracks are the only ones I have in my iTunes just think it's funny kind of kitsch music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Dear god, do Syed and Christian ever do anything other than be gay? All they do is talk about being gay. All their storylines are how gay they are. They're so boring!

Haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

that music has inspired me to go for a pint

Advertisement