Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Don't worry about whether you caused offence, you didn't mean it, we know. What I would advise is striving to understand the other position(s) on the subject, you can say whatever the hell you want if you can back it up, and by the time you can I suspect you would say different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

I listen to points of views of people ,I don't just think I'm right all the time , I take into consideration others views especially on touchy subjects .
    I understood the issue with pathologisation , I was just trying to get others to see my view aswell , didn't mean to sound condescending or the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I listen to points of views of people ,I don't just think I'm right all the time , I take into consideration others views especially on touchy subjects .
    I understood the issue with pathologisation , I was just trying to get others to see my view aswell , didn't mean to sound condescending or the like

Platinum your contributions added something to the thread. Silly pictures and videos just didn't.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

OMG Shooting down in Waterford , anyone else hear anything bout it ?

No, do you have a link? Whereabouts was it?

• Advertisement

No, do you have a link? Whereabouts was it?

I'm trying to find it apparently there's cameras down there and everything by Aldi . I heard about if from Facebook and then I heard squad cars flying so it must be true . I'll be waiting for the 9'o clock news

By aldi... across from the forum? Or was that lidl? Forgive me Its been a while since I've been in waterford.

By aldi... across from the forum?

Yeah !! at least thats the one I think everyone is on about !

Jesus, I used to drink in the pub there, the good ship or something? Well dodgy spot.

Jesus, I used to drink in the pub there, the good ship or something? Well dodgy spot.

The showboat? on the radio it says no one was injured

• Advertisement

That would be it, wonder what was going on if nobody was injured... its not the usual result when a gun gets pulled in this country.

Convo going on in waterford forum on this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056305954

Should have thought to check there earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭apache

Just one month is fine if you want to change your username, in fact that's what most people who want a name change do.
    done that there. can't see the option to change name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

done that there. can't see the option to change name?

Post your request in the subscribers forum.

ooh, what are you changing your name to?

Post your request in the subscribers forum.
    thanks. i done that. i would have thought there would have been a better system.

ooh, what are you changing your name to?
    bisexual bertha :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Actually anyone here from Galway know Dyke Road just a short walk from Eyre Square. I swear to space balls I giggle everytime I see the sign post and I'll take a photo next time to prove it exists :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Actually anyone here from Galway know Dyke Road just a short walk from Eyre Square. I swear to space balls I giggle everytime I see the sign post and I'll take a photo next time to prove it exists :P

I laugh too! So glad there is someone else, was beginning to feel quite juvenile. :o Not from Galway though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Quite desensitised to the name now but I used to giggle a bit when I was younger.

• Advertisement

ah the name i wanted was already taken. i have a whole load lined up so hopefully one of them will get through :D

:( That Phoebe Prince Program is bringing is bringing back a lot of unwanted memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I see your Dyke road and raise you Dyke Parade :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ahahahaha. That is brilliant. This reminds me of when the Inbetweeners drove across Britain for Comic Relief stopping at places with dirty names. I wonder how many places with 'gay' names there are in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ahahahaha. That is brilliant. This reminds me of when the Inbetweeners drove across Britain for Comic Relief stopping at places with dirty names. I wonder how many places with 'gay' names there are in Ireland.

Muff, Co. Donegal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Muff, Co. Donegal :pac:

Which of course has a diving club!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Touché

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Links I do hope there is no bad feeling between us . I wasnt meaning to offend you or anyone else in any way

hey, sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.
    I can't say that I wasn't annoyed by your comments, because I was a bit, and I find the implication that trans people should stand apart from the rest of the community somewhat insulting because many of our goals are the same, marriage equality etc. but that doesn't mean I have any bad feelings towards you, and I think it's a discussion we should have again some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

nobber in meath

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

bye bye lovely dyke
    hello apache :D

how come when i sign out i can see my native american avatar and when i sign in i can't?

i'll just try it again there and see.

yup its a true story :(

Advertisement