Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

God it's so addictive. I feel like I'm missing my fix because they aren't showing it this week. :(

Does anyone else find Facebook oddly intrusive? I have put 3 photos of myself up and now there is 253 photos of me?! What the hell? And I don't even like having my photo taken. :confused: And I didn't tag myself in those either.

...and I know that you can un tag yourself but people just assume that there's been some type of mistake and continue to do it. Repeatedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

That auto tagging feature by facial recognition is hella creepy IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Meesared wrote: »

couldnt agree with you more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Meesared wrote: »

I didn't even know there was one, but that is seriously creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

You can turn it off, and i highly recommend doing so. I really dont like the fact it was turned on for everyone when they added the "feature"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Friend: "You mean Facebook knows what I LOOK LIKE?!!"
    Me: "You have 700 photos uploaded and post your life story there every day. It knows far more than what you look like"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So I had a date today and was planning to meet osme friends I hadn't seen for a while for a drink or two...and then my boss rang me asking me to come in. FML. Of course it pissed rain all day so maybe it was for the best...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Now in all honesty, if my boss rang me at the last minute and I had a date planned, I'd go. Can't pass up a good thing when it comes around.

Now in all honesty, if my boss rang me at the last minute and I had a date planned, I'd go. Can't pass up a good thing when it comes around.

I know but she had said yesterday there was a chance she would call me. And also it's a work placement so technically she's taken me on and trained me when she really didn't need to and could easily have hired someone way more experienced (I know, everyone in the village seems to be handing in CVs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

apache wrote: »
    so what is the point of having it?

It's so you can stalk their posts more easily.........

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know but she had said yesterday there was a chance she would call me. And also it's a work placement so technically she's taken me on and trained me when she really didn't need to and could easily have hired someone way more experienced (I know, everyone in the village seems to be handing in CVs).

Ah sticky situation so :P On saying that, if all goes to plan over the next few months, I could be my own boss! :D I don't want to jinx it though.

Ah sticky situation so :P On saying that, if all goes to plan over the next few months, I could be my own boss! :D I don't want to jinx it though.

Oh that sounds cool. I'd love to be my own boss. Although I'm really unorganised as a perosn in general so I'm nto sure if I'd ever manage it successfully.

Well it's being setup in Galway, so I could give ya a job if you're into Computers :P I'm really unorganised myself, but some life lessons have taught me to get my shít together recently and do something about my job situation.

I find it alittle odd that stressing out about finding work has led me to the point of setting up a business.

Well it's being setup in Galway, so I could give ya a job if you're into Computers :P I'm really unorganised myself, but some life lessons have taught me to get my shít together recently and do something about my job situation.

I find it alittle odd that stressing out about finding work has led me to the point of setting up a business.

I'm pretty useless with computers I'm afraid. If, when it's sorted you're looking for employees I knwo osmeone good iwth computers who might be interested. Good luck with it anyway.

And yes it's impossible to find a job theses days. Took about threem otnhs just to get a twelve week work placement.

I know, it's absolutely scandalous. I'm an engineering and I recently went looking for a job in a factory. Got a rejection letter today in the post. What's worse, a tree died so I could be informed that I'm not suitable.

I know, it's absolutely scandalous. I'm an engineering and I recently went looking for a job in a factory. Got a rejection letter today in the post. What's worse, a tree died so I could be informed that I'm not suitable.

That sucks. Still at least you got a letter. I applied to just about every hotel/restaurant e.t.c in Galway (I'm studying Hotel and Catering Management) and three in total got back to me. The one I work for now, one I got as far as interviewing with and one months after me initially contacting them to tell me they weren't taking anyone on (even though they took on two of my friends). No-one else bothered with so much as a 'We're not interested' email.

That happens the whole time. Most people don't think to contact you even to tell you to feck off and you're left in limbo only to wonder. We've all experienced that too often and I think that's what is pushing me to take matters into my own hands, even with great personal risk to myself.

That happens the whole time. Most people don't think to contact you even to tell you to feck off and you're left in limbo only to wonder. We've all experienced that too often and I think that's what is pushing me to take matters into my own hands, even with great personal risk to myself.

I know and normally I'd be annoyed but not too bothered. It's just hwne it was a work placement that I had to complete to get into second year it was really irritating.

What kind computer business is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Singledom! Good or bad.... will let you know!

What kind computer business is it?

Sales and repairs. It's part of a franchise, so the business model is there already. Meaning less stress building from the ground up trying to establish a brand and pouring hundreds into advertising. That and head office will incur most of the setup cost leaving me requiring some loans for operating costs initially until things are up and running.

Have my fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Nice! You hirin' ? :D

Singledom! Good or bad.... will let you know!

If you mean what I think you mean then bad !

If you mean what I think you mean then bad !

Not feeling bad this morning Platinum, despite all the whiskey last night! But it's a long way to go and who knows what's round the corner :)

Not feeling bad this morning Platinum, despite all the whiskey last night! But it's a long way to go and who knows what's round the corner :)
    Hey whiskey won't help in the long run , who knows what's around the corner but just take whatever hand your dealt with and play it well :)

Hey whiskey won't help in the long run , who knows what's around the corner but just take whatever hand your dealt with and play it well :)

Ah whiskey isn't the norm, it's my birthday weekend so some things still going ahead as planned. And thanks :)

hare05 wrote: »
    Nice! You hirin' ? :D

Will let you know, that's if I'm successful in the coming months. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭apache

i went to get my hair cut earlier. my hair dresser asked me why are you not out at pride? i went to do my shopping after and some of the neighbours i bumped into asked me the same.
    this is the first year i haven't gone. now i think i may be missing out on something.
    i feel like the only gay in my village :(

Ah whiskey isn't the norm, it's my birthday weekend so some things still going ahead as planned. And thanks :)

Happy Belated birthday was it a good night?

Happy Belated birthday was it a good night?

Thanks, it was... and you not belated at all cos it's actually today :) More to come tonight lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Happy belated birthday dreamer!

Spent Pride weekend pretending to be fancy by drinking Pimms and having a pretend parade on my friend's farm. Sundays blues already tho :(

Advertisement