Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I'm having a bit of a run of it lately! My mp3 player broke (but it was really old) and it was headphones that I cut up while cutting wrapping paper. :P
    Thats impressive! well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I'm having a bit of a run of it lately! My mp3 player broke (but it was really old) and it was headphones that I cut up while cutting wrapping paper. :P

:( Bad things happen in threes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭apache

i didn't want to post this under a new thread (maybe i should?) but i suppose it is off topic.

bumping threads or starting new ones - what to do what to do? :confused:

a few days ago i bumped a thread that was a few years old. i thought this was better than starting a new one. it was only a comment and nothing very important to start a new thread re: writing on toilet walls.
    it was closed because it was too old? i'm not sure why it was closed :confused:

its not very important however people are starting new threads on the same subject ie trans etc and being told they should add to existing threads instead and use the search function.

what is the correct procedure here?

confused in dublin.

It was 8 years old! :p

Bumping old threads is fine as long as its reasonably recent, most of the people who posted in that thread are no longer active. You know? Its mostly common sense when it comes to that sort of thing.

Meesared wrote: »
    It was 8 years old! :p

Bumping old threads is fine as long as its reasonably recent, most of the people who posted in that thread are no longer active. You know? Its mostly common sense when it comes to that sort of thing.
    sure how am i to know whos active or not? whats "reasonably active"? i must have no common sense so :(

• Advertisement

apache wrote: »
    sure how am i to know whos active or not? whats "reasonably active"? i must have so common sense so :(
    i personally wouldnt go older than 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

i personally wouldnt go older than 6 months

I'd be inclined to agree with that.

why though? whats the point of starting a new thread when there is one already there?
    there must be a rule of thumb. maybe its in the charter?

Mainly because the people who posted in that thread will still be here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

@diddlybit - i have 2 - one is a sort of tribal looking badassed cat - the other is hello kitty (yet more evidence of The Crazy) i love them - as tats go theyre unusual it seems, some people ask if the HK one is a transfer (doesnt look like one, i guess its the subject matter!)

@apache - i think there are a few reasons for it. plenty of folks dont like to even try to break into longer threads (over 5/6 pages or maybe more like 30 for example) unless theyve been following it from the start. the older threads (over a year) might well contain incorrect / irrelevant / outdated (or such) information, links etc and then thered be nitpicking from newer posters over that incorrect info (derailing the original thread too).
    in some forums you get several threads a week (or fortnight) on the same topic. in a way its almost a fresh running commentary....

• Advertisement

Mainly because the people who posted in that thread will still be here :)
    meesared with all due respect what does that have to do with the price of tomatoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

apache wrote: »
    meesared with all due respect what does that have to do with the price of tomatoes?

i guess on that point its a courtesy thing because they can reply.
    of course there are probably a few threads that started years ago that people regularly post on so theyre still sort of going. but im guessing on that one

Aishae wrote: »

@apache - i think there are a few reasons for it. plenty of folks dont like to even try to break into longer threads (over 5/6 pages or maybe more like 30 for example) unless theyve been following it from the start. the older threads (over a year) might well contain incorrect / irrelevant / outdated (or such) information, links etc and then thered be nitpicking from newer posters over that incorrect info (derailing the original thread too).
    in some forums you get several threads a week (or fortnight) on the same topic. in a way its almost a fresh running commentary....
    aishae it was only two pages long and very tame. about writing on toilet doors. somebody needs to explain to me i think the proper etiquette of posting here because i do not seem to grasp it.

Is it that big of a deal really? You seem to have an issue with it? Like the thread was so old it could almost be regarded as an antique, Yes use the search function by all means, but digging up a thread from 2003 is a little pointless.

Is it that big of a deal really? You seem to have an issue with it? Like the thread was so old it could almost be regarded as an antique, Yes use the search function by all means, but digging up a thread from 2003 is a little pointless.
    i'm a great woman of principles but you are right in the grand scheme of things it does not really matter.

i've dropped it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I'm such a sexy pirate

Kanoe wrote: »
    I'm such a sexy pirate
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I'm such a sexy pirate

Am so tempted to say pics of gtf :p

I tried taking pics but camera is píss poor but friend will be up later will get him to take pics :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

I'm such a sexy pirate

I assume you are high off Tall Ship fever :D
    were ya over there?

• Advertisement

I assume you are high off Tall Ship fever :D
    were ya over there?

no not yet, heard a bit of commotion a little while ago so decided to raid daugjters cosplay wardrobe..I@m EFFin stoked. her blackbutler outfit is PERFECT

k I'm wearing ciels jacket with skinny grey jeans and links boots her's are nicer though, they fold down at top. white shirt and red check bandanna, eye patch and I painted on a moustache. moustaches are smexy. hope no one calls to the door.

My friend saw them all coming in
    I'm going to wait till tomorrow to head over

hope no one calls to the door.

If they do you'll be spending Tall Ships in Declan's

If they do you'll be spending Tall Ships in Declan's
    hehe yeah I know, the mother just called and asked me to drop into my uncle who lives down the road, told her I couldn't go anywhere cuz I just painted on my moustache, she was like...ok.

as long as you are having fun that is the main thing :o

oh hello you're quite hot! nearly as hot as me which is awesomely hot ;)

go pirates!

I'm being shooo'd off the interwebs now. time to hit the tavern and check out the local wenches :pac:

• Advertisement

do some damage :P

Advertisement