Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

My girlfriend on her birthday has the right to force me to watch anything she wants. Two years ago, it was Flashdance (almost so bad, it's good)and last year it was two Twilight films (was so hungover, it nearly killed me.) :(

I think Footloose is on the cards this year. But then A League of Their Own is stashed away somewhere which would be a lot less painful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭apache

diddlybit wrote: »
    My girlfriend on her birthday has the right to force me to watch anything she wants. Two years ago, it was Flashdance (almost so bad, it's good)
    oh what a feeling - please belieeeeve it.
    take your passion and make it happen. ok i'll stop now.

love it and jeanifer beals :)
    perfect combination!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Lol, my god, something I've repressed is coming back. :)

don't ever repress it. embrace it ;)

remember when she pulled the chain and all the water came down on her? phwoar :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

apache wrote: »

remember when she pulled the chain and all the water came down on her? phwoar :P
    you're fapulating to my pirate pictures aren't you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Hilariously hungover, I need to cut rum out of my life instantly. On the plus side I was reminded that I have great friends and my gf/notgf is coming to visit next week for 5 days. Bacon in pitta bread could cure anything that ails you really also...*fears veggie backlash*

Kanoe wrote: »
    you're fapulating to my pirate pictures aren't you.
    not any more. you are so yesterday :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    On the plus side I was reminded that I have great friends and my gf/notgf is coming to visit next week for 5 days.

seriously want your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

seriously want your life

There are as many lows as highs my friend. Took me a long time to get here, you'll get here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I really do wonder what would happen to people like that if the zombie invasion was to happen...

me - id strap something pointy to the end of the walking stick and charge - aiming at zombie heads. id sooo survive to the end of a zombie movie! (isnt that what the quizzes are about - surviving a zombie MOVIE?) mind you there are some weak assed zombies in these movies.
    don't ever repress it. embrace it ;)

makes me think of pinocchio in shrek (2 i think) on stage - unless that was in the extras on the dvd.

• Advertisement

:confused::confused::(:(

anyway......

whats this fiver friday thing today? i'm heading out to see what bargains i can get for a fiver.

:confused::confused::(:(

anyway......

whats this fiver friday thing today? i'm heading out to see what bargains i can get for a fiver.
    why so dazed and confused?

I keep thinking it's saturday, the party started here wednesday, I no longer know what day it is and I'm poor and hungover and there's still three day's of partying left :( I'm still on hols til monday tho :D

got this stuck in my head now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

The Waterford Tall Ships Festival is on at the moment and it's great craic. Went out last night with the intention of getting up early this morning and dressing like a pirate for the guinness book of world records (most people dressed as a pirate in one spot).

Woke up at 7am, said "ah, shor I'll just sleep another five minutes" and when I looked back at the clock 5 seconds later it was 1:30pm :p

Boo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    The Waterford Tall Ships Festival is on at the moment and it's great craic. Went out last night with the intention of getting up early this morning and dressing like a pirate for the guinness book of world records (most people dressed as a pirate in one spot).

Woke up at 7am, said "ah, shor I'll just sleep another five minutes" and when I looked back at the clock 5 seconds later it was 1:30pm :p

Boo!

You just knew that you couldn't beat Kanoe's pirateyness. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Where's paddy the pirate in all of this. Whizzing around waterford with his parrot i could imagine :p

Dr. Baltar wrote: »

Boo!

ha I did the same thing, only I didn't roll over til 10.30 this morning. Wasn't a happy bunny to have missed it and apparently they didn't come anywhere near breaking the record. stupid beer.

oh and then I broke up with gf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I just bought tickets for Glee tomorrow night in the O2. Me, Lea Michele and Diana Agron in the same space.

Be still my beating... (insert SFW throbbing ladyparts reference here :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

kanoe wrote:
    oh and then I broke up with gf.

:( You ok? (your post came in after mine so don't think I saw it an ignored it!!!)

zoegh wrote: »
    :( You ok? (your post came in after mine so don't think I saw it an ignored it!!!)

no it's ok, we're alright and still friends :) thanks though

and enjoy glee, know someone who's going and she's all hyper excited too ;)

• Advertisement

ha I did the same thing, only I didn't roll over til 10.30 this morning.

I didnt roll over till like really late , missed the parade an all , ugh that town making me dizzy

yeah it's busy alright. yesterday was fine even though there was a good number around it still was all very chilled, supose the weather was a bit better too. today was just bedlam trying to get from one place to the other, I'm tired from pedestrian dodging.

yeah it's busy alright. yesterday was fine even though there was a good number around it still was all very chilled, supose the weather was a bit better too. today was just bedlam trying to get from one place to the other, I'm tired from pedestrian dodging.

I'd say the dig will be packed tomorrow night ..... I might head over

what do yous do all day? watch the ships?

no , watch street performances , music and souvenirs aswell as the fun fair thingy here , then in the evening session on !!:D
    My liver is begging for mercy :(

well yesterday, yeah, checked out the ships (you can board some) and took the nieces in and spent millions of dollars on silly things like chocolate crepes and sailor hats and temporary tattoos and and..but twas fun,there's live music all over and the quays are thronged with stalls selling everything from beer to jewellery so you could spend an hour just trying to walk from one side to the other. There's beer gardens dotted along the route too, went back in later and did it all over again with someone else and their kin..and then hit the pub. (Bryan ferry played a free gig there last night and fireworks everynight at 10.45.)

Today was parade day so everybody got to dress up like a pirate and all the crews from the ships were present, more live music, street entertainment, food and beer (or coffee..I needed coffee today) and waterboys playing later, the kid has tickets and I don't :(

if you're into photography there are some amazing photo opportunities to be had and yeah, I forgot about the funfair ;)

if you're into photography there are some amazing photo opportunities to be had and yeah, I forgot about the funfair ;)

were ya down dig? I heard twas jam packed:p

no, was in last night though and it was fairly empty, a regular thursday night affair.

my straight friends want to drag me in tomorrow , not sure i will tho

• Advertisement

*rant* Yes I do have a problem with my infraction ; In other words I should have just rolled over and let someone speak to me like a piece of dirt and get away scot free .
    Of Course I have a problem with it .
    Rant over ...grrr

Advertisement