Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

if they said it deadpan I would totally marry them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

in relation to the dodge chatup lines: one of the times when being deaf is useful - when approached by a bloke (cos i must look super-straight - never so much as been glanced at askance by a lady) I can play deaf and dumb. im a sh*tty lipreader but im pretty good at having a vague idea of the topic of conversation or what someone is after - but its easier to do the above than say 'talk to hand' or whatever it is you kids do these days :cool:

best chat up line ever, although I'm not sure it was a chat up line but..girl turns around and rolls up sleeve and drunkenly asks can I read her arm. There were about 7 phone numbers on it. I felled in love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

Kanoe wrote: »
    girl turns around and rolls up sleeve and drunkenly asks can I read her arm. There were about 7 phone numbers on it. I felled in love.
    Now that's what I call Job well done !:D

still makes me laugh thinking about it (and Aishae you could totally work that *umms hai, read my arm pweeze)

• Advertisement

still makes me laugh thinking about it

The girl obviously wasnt that drunk !:p

she was fair wasted..so was I, cause I actually started reading the numbers lol. I hadn't even bothered looking at her face at that stage..but when I did I lmao

still makes me laugh thinking about it (and Aishae you could totally work that *umms hai, read my arm pweeze)

or if i was really p*ssed i could lift my top at the back and say 'ums hai, whats mai tattoo say?
    and when they say 'meep. what the f*ck is meep?'
    i can charm them with my tales of tea, eek and exclaimations

or... next time a dude tries it on - drag them over to a nice looking girl and say 'hi, what the f*ck is he saying to me, please?' and when she says 'can i have your number? i answer 'sure' and write it on her arm
    or if she says 'can i buy you a drink?' ill repeat it (i always do to confirm what they said) and she'll say 'what drink?' ill say 'no, i said can i buy YOU a drink?'
    well - perhaps in a ballsy alternative universe!

what does your tattoo say? :P

what does your tattoo say? :P

Oooooo;) Cheeky

• Advertisement

meep - it really does :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

was it a comedy?

No, if it were a comedy it'd be acceptable (I am after all a huge Barney Stinson fan; that guy's awesome) but it wasn't. 'Twas Fringe so a sci-fi drama. Surely it'd take only a few minutes to come up with something better.

meep, excellent. I like meep ;)

No, if it were a comedy it'd be acceptable (I am after all a huge Barney Stinson fan; that guy's awesome) but it wasn't. 'Twas Fringe so a sci-fi drama. Surely it'd take only a few minutes to come up with something better.
    sci fi is so serious these days.

Aishae . Is that your real name ? I like it :)

Aishae . Is that your real name ? I like it :)

no my real name is Petra - aishae is a long-ish story.
    i used to play neopets (online pets game) as a youngster. I think its still going. they have this weird alien cat called an aisha (eye-sha) - this is where it gets a bit silly - i called them aishae (ay-shay)
    other people knew about the game and my interest in aishaes and the nick stuck.

its funny - i had a more serious less kiddie-related nick as a kid!

Aishae wrote: »
    no my real name is Petra

Rare and beautiful :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meep
    Meep is the best word ever! Meep!
    1. "HEY GET BACK HERE!!!" "Meep!" 0.0
    2. "Ahh.. Meeping Hell!" >.<
    3. "Meep." ^.^
    4. "....meep...." ^__^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Its like gmail all over again! They've exceeded capacity Andrew, invites aren't working atm.

I think they had a problem with their invite system being used for spaming so had to shut it down!

did you ever get that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know someone wants to kill or possibly maim you for no apparent reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Oddly yes. But I was working in a psyche unit at the time, so it was kinda daily...

It does suck though...

where's apache when you need her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,485 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Work have me in Cork 4 days in a row. Going to see if I can get the fifth day in and make them pay for a hotel for the weekends to...

Was in the car today and up pops some weirdo walking her dog , and decides to phleghm on the window of the car ..... Never saw her before in me life .....twas fair odd

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

did you ever get that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know someone wants to kill or possibly maim you for no apparent reason.

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Was in the car today and up pops some weirdo walking her dog , and decides to phleghm on the window of the car ..... Never saw her before in me life .....twas fair odd

Eww - mank!:eek:

some weirdo's in Waterford alright. :o

was it this woman per chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Wake up at 3am to sirens \o/....realise "sirens" is your ill-chosen alarm clock tone :o

• Advertisement

meep is many things but my favourite explaination is 'ia random eclaimation of happiness'

dont talk to me about alarm clocks - i was woken from a nice slumber by being shook the sh*t out of. mind you thats preferble to being woken up by the cat, with her claws. on my arse.

kanoe - i feel that every time i walk through o connell street at night

Advertisement