Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Aishae wrote: »
    her claws. on my arse.
    *insert sleazy comment here*

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

Kanoe wrote: »
    was it this woman per chance?

Not enough of a description .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Meesared wrote: »
    *insert sleazy comment here*

:p

i think thats dirty enough - if a sleazy comment had body!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

In bad news, we lost our bout in Glasgow. :(

In better news, we rocked the afterparty. :)

And in the best news, I got a foster kitty today called Ariel. I like to think that she was named after the poem, rather than the washing powder or the mermaid. She's awfully cute but very much terrified of us. :D

diddlybit wrote: »
    In bad news, we lost our bout in Glasgow. :(

In better news, we rocked the afterparty. :)

And in the best news, I got a foster kitty today called Ariel. I like to think that she was named after the poem, rather than the washing powder or the mermaid. She's awfully cute but very much terrified of us. :D

aww - nothing gets me pet-broody like a kitten/puppy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It will be fine, kitty will come round. You lost your bout, is that the roller sport with loads of girls beating each other up?

aww - nothing gets me pet-broody like a kitten/puppy

Yeah, was pretty broody for a while, so solved it by fostering. Didn't want the responsibility of taking a pet on full time, also didn't think it would be fair to it, as we are hoping to emmigrate some day. Would only get one when we're a bit more settled.

We have her for two weeks to help with her emotional/anxiety problems so that she can be adopted. Have no idea how that's going to happen, I'm no kitty therapist.

It will be fine, kitty will come round. You lost your bout, is that the roller sport with loads of girls beating each other up?

It is indeed. We were a little worried about Glasgow's reputation as being really hard hitters but Dubliners hit harder than Glaswegans. :eek: It was fun and really close. Took the lead but lost it in the last fifteen minutes. We'll get them next time. :cool:

We have her for two weeks to help with her emotional/anxiety problems so that she can be adopted. Have no idea how that's going to happen, I'm no kitty therapist.

i cant say for sure as i havent seen her but the softly softly approach works for many - gently introducing her to play, not grabbing her but approaching her, touch will do alot (petting and - im afraid ill sound like a whacko - some massage on her back/neck etc - bit like absentmindedly doing that while watching tv)
    if noise gets to her id try keeping music in the background and raise the volume over time (but not BOOMING music of course) to get her used to constant music. id start with something light though. classical maybe.
    watch her and try to figure out where her anxieties lie - what triggers it and work from there to desensitise her

jaysus, i sound like i ate a kitty psychology book

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I like the sound of tough girls on wheels :p On another note. I want to start clearing up my skin on my face which is red and blocty. I'm not even making enough to laser hair removal at the moment :( So ye girls have any tips to help my awful skin?

• Advertisement

I like the sound of tough girls on wheels :p On another note. I want to start clearing up my skin on my face which is red and blocty. I'm not even making enough to laser hair removal at the moment :( So ye girls have any tips to help my awful skin?

is it dry?
    you can get anti redness creams
    but what you use depends on your skin type - dry, oily, combination.
    and if its redness that comes and goes or if it seems to stay (like a birthmark)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

best of luck with kitty dbit, i'm sure you'll make great foster parents.

Itma, someone gave me a voucher for a microdermabrasion session a few months back, it was nice but I'd say you'd have to have a few before you'd see much of a difference. It came as a package with a guinot facial and they start at 35euro or somethin like that if you fancy treating yourself. Even if you went for one the girls would be more than helpful with tips for your skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭apache

I like the sound of tough girls on wheels :p
    so do i! hawt :D

apache wants to stick her oar in my kanoe
    em hello?
    i'd be sticking more than my oar in your kanoe love :P

i cant say for sure as i havent seen her but the softly softly approach works for many - gently introducing her to play, not grabbing her but approaching her, touch will do alot (petting and - im afraid ill sound like a whacko - some massage on her back/neck etc - bit like absentmindedly doing that while watching tv)
    if noise gets to her id try keeping music in the background and raise the volume over time (but not BOOMING music of course) to get her used to constant music. id start with something light though. classical maybe.
    watch her and try to figure out where her anxieties lie - what triggers it and work from there to desensitise her

jaysus, i sound like i ate a kitty psychology book

Cheers for that. It's been a wile since I had a kitten , our cat at home is pretty old.

But if I were a scared kitty, where woukd I hide, because I've lost her. :( I've have idea where she's gone and our cottage ain't all that big.

Cheers for that. It's been a wile since I had a kitten , our cat at home is pretty old.

But if I were a scared kitty, where woukd I hide, because I've lost her. :( I've have idea where she's gone and our cottage ain't all that big.
    in a dark safe corner. stay very quiet and listen intently. hope you find her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Did you find her? If not, turn off the electricity at the main fuse box (so there's no sounds and no chance of anything bad happening if she's stuck behind tv etc trying to get out. Take each room in turn, just lie down on the ground and wait and listen. Possibly try a very gentle "pshh pshh pshh" noise and see if you get a response. Most likely she is either scared and wanted to find somwhere dark and quiet; got stuck somewhere weird while playing (down behind a couch, fell off a bookcase behind, etc.) or is asleep somewhere warm (try tracing the pipes for central heating if you have them).

Keep us updated, poor baby kitty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Poor kitten :( best of luck

I was wondering what you guys have done/can suggest doing for a first date? I've never really done this dating thing before so any suggestions about what to do or what not to do would be helpful. :)

I always think you need some intellectual stimulation on a 1st date... like a movie or a play or a gig, or a photo exhibition, anything. Because a first date is nerve wracking, and at least if you've gone to see something, you can talk about it.

I'd steer clear of a pub for a 1st date, but that's just me. Then again I haven't been on a first date for nearly 8 years, so take that with a pinch of salt, eh? :p

If it's soon, there's a bunch of stuff coming up in temple bar as part of a festival (http://www.templebar.ie/). (added bonus of looking clever and cultured if you go to something like this ;))

just be yourself.
    i always think its strange suggesting the cinema etc on a first date. you can't really talk during it and its best to start conversation early on to steady the nerves.

my shot :D
    what is the story with the search function here? i find it very hard to nagivate ie find something near to what my topic is. most of them have nothing to do with what i am searching for :confused:
    haven't posted in other areas of boards because i find it hard to find my post again. maybe i should give up altogether. am i dumb? :(

• Advertisement

apache wrote: »
    what is the story with the search function here? i find it very hard to nagivate ie find something near to what my topic is. most of them have nothing to do with what i am searching for :confused:
    haven't posted in other areas of boards because i find it hard to find my post again. maybe i should give up altogether. am i dumb? :(

you can 'follow' a forum area so that when you click on MY FORUMS you can view the most recent topics in your chosen forums (and in that window you can also select my posts - to read posts you posted within) the follow button is at the top of the forums - i think....

as for search - i think its disabled in some areas? not sure on that score

I think I did a silly thing. I think I've just bought a new lens I can't afford on adverts.

I kind of don't care. I'm so CRAZAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

WRH is a sad excuse of a public service

try the chimney. I had kitty many moons ago and that's where she hid. She will come out at night looking for food. She also found a spot behind pipes in bathroom, it was all boxed in so she had a hiding place there, but try chimney first, sooty kitty.

apache wrote: »
    just be yourself.
    i always think its strange suggesting the cinema etc on a first date. you can't really talk during it and its best to start conversation early on to steady the nerves.

you can always go for a bottle before hand \_:o_/ (I can't locate drunk wavey hands emoticon)
    and I just use my user cp to locate my previous posts, much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

you can always go for a bottle before hand \_:o_/ (I can't locate drunk wavey hands emoticon)

hahahahah you never cease to amuse me :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lovely dyke changed to apache
    Zoegh changed to baby and crumble
    crayolostereo changed to chuchoter

Johnnymcg is now mango salsa :p

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Is it change your name season in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Is it change your name season in here?
    something like that :pac:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

hahahahah you never cease to amuse me :L

yeah I'm an internet comedy sensation. so who are you?
    apache?

Advertisement