Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Meesared wrote: »
    Oh? everything ok i hope? :)

I released myself they wanted to
    Keep me another few days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Keep me another few days

Hey, hope you're feeling fine and get back to full health soon :)

Hey, hope you're feeling fine and get back to full health soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Keep me another few days
    *hugs*
    hope youll be ok

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well hugs for you so :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

ok hope everything is better printemps

Kanoe wrote: »
    ok hope everything is better printemps

Wouldnt go that far yet ..:)

keep the head up and you won't be long getting there ;)

right time to snuggle down for the night, thank fk tomorrow is friday :)

im off tomorrow :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

if one was to take a bolt cutter to the padlock that some unknown genius locked the gate at the back of my someone's estate (that leads to the shop and the bus stop, albeit through 2 small fields) would that be very illegal or just mildly illegal? Do you think the unknown genius would get the picture and stop doing it? What do you think the repercussions might be, considering that the owner of the bolt cutter would obviously wait until dark and has also checked for CCTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Do it, those gates are in estates for a reason, whoever locked it was more in the wrong than you, probably someone who's decided it lets the riff raff in. Even if it was the landowner on the other side if your estate isn't particularly new you probably have a right of way of some form, on the other hand check for animals before you go out there, if you see any don't cut it.

Why can't you just hop the gate? I don't think I've ever opened a gate to walk through alone.

It is quite a large gate in fairness, also im not so sure your right, if its private land the owner is entitled to lock it, you could be done for trespassing. If i were you Asry id get onto the landlord/letting agency and see who owns the land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have google+ invites. PM me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I have google+ invites. PM me. :)

Is it any good? Google buzz and Google wave were both sh i te

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It's hard to judge at the moment, since so few people are on there, but it looks better, in my opinion. It's more privacy oriented than FB, and there are some cool features, especially the hangouts, where multiple people can videochat at once and watch youtube in perfect sync... stuff like that is great for homesick peeps/ long distance relationships I reckon!

Aah I must give in and PM you zoegh! (I will start calling you by your new username once I decide if I'm gonna call you baby or crumble... actually no, you're baby now :p)

Too damn curious for my own good!

I am so damn tired it isnt funny .
    What do you trust when it comes to people , do you believe in the best or trus your gut

Is it any good? Google buzz and Google wave were both sh i te
    Yeah its shaping up pretty good!

What do you trust when it comes to people , do you believe in the best or trus your gut

If you have a funny feeling about someone, go with you gut instinct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I like to give people a chance, maybe a bit naive of me but hey I like getting to know new people :) Bad situation for you?

If you have a funny feeling about someone, go with you gut instinct.

I do have the funny feeling about said person but I still feel he deserves a chance . He could be perfectly normal but it's just all the lies he tells and the manipulation he uses on people in a subtle way tells me he's bad news , I'm friendly to him but I wot let my guard down and It kinda tells me I'm being unfair to him

Just trust in your own abilities to make a decision. If he can potentially be a good friend, then give him a chance, but if you don't feel that's possible, only you know what to do.

I do have the funny feeling about said person but I still feel he deserves a chance . He could be perfectly normal but it's just all the lies he tells and the manipulation he uses on people in a subtle way tells me he's bad news , I'm friendly to him but I wot let my guard down and It kinda tells me I'm being unfair to him

Alarm bells!

Go with your gut, you can regret letting your guard down, you'll never regret just being civil, if he proves you wrong well then you can let your guard down and all is well.

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Alarm bells!

Really? Manipulation set off the alarm bells for me.

Go with your gut, you can regret letting your guard down, you'll never regret just being civil, if he proves you wrong well then you can let your guard down and all is well.

If he's with someone you care about and that person wont listen to warnings about his lies ...then it gets messy so I'm staying at a distance ...I feel so helpless

Ah, been there, just lay out exactly how you feel and why to your friend then stand well back.

Really? Manipulation set off the alarm bells for me.

Lies scare me :( Obviously manipulation is bad too lol :o

• Advertisement

Printemps, all you can do is let things run it's course. That and be there for you friend. Doesn't mean you have to be friends with their boyfriend.

Didn't need to hear the words, lie or manipulation. When some asks you the question "What do you trust when it comes to people , do you believe in the best or trus your gut", you know something is up.

Advertisement