Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I haven't been in there in two years :( I like my life without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

ah - must walk the dogs too... we currently have my cousin golden retriever here too. i cant walk him though. id only be taken for a drag around the block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Kanoe wrote: »
    the sun is shining though...

Where are you???

it was shining an hour ago - *takes off waders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

A friend of mine was only discussing this subject the other day and we figure it does go back to playground antics women are dragged up with. I went to a mixed non denominational school, there was only a quarter the amount of females as there were males and that kind of stuff just didn't go on. I didn't grow up with it, I'm not equipped to deal with it, and prefer to leave it (and them) well enough alone.

To be honest it isn't normal behaviour to go out of your way to be a jackass, no matter what way you were brought up, ignore it - they obviously have their own issues...

• Advertisement

I want me some Jaffa Cakes

Is this a continuation of the lesbian randiness or do you just want a yummy biscuit cake contraption?

Is this a continuation of the lesbian randiness or do you just want a yummy biscuit cake contraption?

*wants jaffa cake biscuit contraptions now*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

yummy biscuit cake contraption?
    If that's what you kids are calling it these days :D

That's not a biscuit more like a chocolate orange sponge contraption :p

• Advertisement

If that's what you kids are calling it these days :D

read it as 'jaffa cake biscuit contraceptions' first myself. thatd be aan interesting flavour anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

That raises a good point, Jaffa cakes aren't found in the cake aisle yet they're not biscuits either!

Meesared wrote: »
    That raises a good point, Jaffa cakes aren't found in the cake aisle yet they're not biscuits either!

you're right this is a conundrum kinda lika where should tomatoes be ? Fruit or Veg .....I say fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Jaffa cakes are awesome :D

Shame we cant say the same for Jaffa Cake people :p;)

gurgles with happiness

gurgles with happiness

Cén Fath?

Shame we cant say the same for Jaffa Cake people :p;)

That's not what you were saying last night. Boo ya

That's not what you were saying last might. Boo ya
    No one needs to hear about yur dream like fantasies Ms :p

That's not what you were saying last might. Boo ya
    No one needs to hear about yur dream like fantasies Ms :p

ACTUALLY, i was dreaming about Mila Kunis last night :P

• Advertisement

ACTUALLY, i was dreaming about Mila Kunis last night :P

Ok , whatever you wanna tell people;) ... You have a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

They are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jaffa cakes are gack - they're absolutely rotten. Did I mention that i hate jaffa cakes.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

jaffa cakes are gack - they're absolutely rotten. Did I mention that i hate jaffa cakes.

the strawberry ones are absolute pollution

:( :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Meesared wrote: »

Jaffa cakes were originally legally classified as biscuits (who classifies these things I do not know) but apparently there was some tax or expense on biscuits that wasn't on cakes and the manufacturer of jaffa cakes wanted to avoid it so they got the classification changed to cakes on the grounds when biscuits go stale they get soft but when cakes go stale they go hard and jaffa cakes go hard when stale. So there you go, they're technically a type of cake. You learn this type of thing when you watch QI far too much...

Jaffa cakes were originally legally classified as biscuits (who classifies these things I do not know) but apparently there was some tax or expense on biscuits that wasn't on cakes and the manufacturer of jaffa cakes wanted to avoid it so they got the classification changed to cakes on the grounds when biscuits go stale they get soft but when cakes go stale they go hard and jaffa cakes go hard when stale. So there you go, they're technically a type of cake. You learn this type of thing when you watch QI far too much...
    I should watch that more often , sounds interesting to be fair

... brough to you by 'incredibly random and potentialy useless yet bloody interesting facts' by K. Banana!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Aishae wrote: »
    ... brough to you by 'incredibly random and potentialy useless yet bloody interesting facts' by K. Banana!

Hahaha yeah, that sounds about right. I've always had a talent for remembering useless trivia and I watch way too much QI and Mythbusters and read a lot of stuff on cracked.com so I come out with these sort of things fairly often. =P

• Advertisement

Can we have a killer banana "fact of the day" thread? :p

Advertisement