Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Can we have a killer banana "fact of the day" thread? :p

I'm in favor of that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I love QI!! Ya learn so much from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Did anyone go to Download this year? Was amazing =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

I also want a fact of the day thread. Also I hate jaffa cakes very, very much. I was going to say more than spiders but there's nothing I hate more than spiders.

And no, I didn't go to download :( It always sounds amazing! Who was on the lineup?

Coffee is great. Does buying organic, fair trade coffee make you a hippie? It so doesn't! Just socially & environmentally responsible. Right? Right? I mean I have to do something for the environment, it's not like I recycle. :o Anyway I'm only asking that because my supervisor says I'm a hippie now, but I am so not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Asry wrote: »
    I also want a fact of the day thread. Also I hate jaffa cakes very, very much. I was going to say more than spiders but there's nothing I hate more than spiders.

And no, I didn't go to download :( It always sounds amazing! Who was on the lineup?

Coffee is great. Does buying organic, fair trade coffee make you a hippie? It so doesn't! Just socially & environmentally responsible. Right? Right? I mean I have to do something for the environment, it's not like I recycle. :o Anyway I'm only asking that because my supervisor says I'm a hippie now, but I am so not.
    You kinda are a hippy...

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »
    You kinda are a hippy...

ah now. I'm not really. I've made far too many really quite offensive jokes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

ah now. I'm not really. I've made far too many really quite offensive jokes.

You can still be a hippie. Do you have dreads?

So tired because of someones mindless natter :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Thursday night I was woken by what sounded like a little kitten crying outside my bedroom window.
    It sounded in distress but when I got up and dressed I couldnt see it when I went outside.
    Got back into bed and heard it again but still couldnt find it and was awake on and off during the night wondering if someone put something outside that was too young or what.
    The next morning I saw some children looking into a bush in my cul de sac and sure enough there was a little black kitten, too young to be away from its mother.
    Her tail was broken and I brought her to the vet.
    So now she has had her worm tablet, didnt have fleas but has been treated anyway and her tail was broken but has set and the vet said leave it will be fine, if a little bent.
    She is 5 weeks old and is eating solid kitten dry food as well as 25ml of cat milk about twice a day.
    She is already using her litter tray and sleeps through the night in a crate with a nice comfy bed inside.
    The vet said she is a real survivor no diseases and strong.

The down side is my cat, who is an indoor cat and a very spoilt boy absolutely hates her.
    If a cat could curse, he is doing it now, you should hear him, he is growling and spitting and not letting me pet him.
    Poor jealous boy.

Heres the kitten with a teddy as a mother substitute. I do give her a warm water bottle as well.
    [IMG][/img]5917197604_d3c4d305c1.jpg

In this image you can see her poor broken tail. It is set and not hurting her but so young to have gone through so much.
    [IMG][/img]5917197320_afe86d8ab2.jpg

^^ She is soooo cute! Are you keeping her then? I took in a stray kitten once. He was just a tiny little ball of fluff when we found him. Took a while to tame him but once we did he was the best! Never had a cat with such a personality like him.

• Advertisement

On a separate note, gin shots are not very nice tasting :o:D

Nor is listening to the left over ramblings left after them :p

She seems perfectly tame, never scratched or hissed, just clung to me.
    She took to the litter tray straight away and wants to be around people and company.
    Im torn about keeping her.
    I dont think it would be fair on my own cat, he is really really upset.

@Jaffacakesyum that wasnt gin in the mug for the kitten :D

That is one cute kitty! :D

Ambersky wrote: »
    She seems perfectly tame, never scratched or hissed, just clung to me.
    She took to the litter tray straight away and wants to be around people and company.
    Im torn about keeping her.
    I dont think it would be fair on my own cat, he is really really upset.

That's great! It took a long time for us to fully tame our kitten. Unfortunately when we first took him to the vet, the vet said that he was ill and mightn't live very long. He wasn't in pain or anything. I can't remember the disease but I think the vet said it was, like a cat version of AIDS :eek:

But he had a good long life considering. I really miss him now :o

I get what you mean about not being fair to your cat. Tbh, we had a cat at the time and he wasn't happy about the kitten being brought in. But he got used to it. It was funny cos he absolutely hated the kitten, but the kitten loved him and just wanted to play :pac:
    @Jaffacakesyum that wasnt gin in the mug for the kitten :D

Hey, I had a good time on the gin last night - ya never know, it might result in some funny kitten home videos :D

Hey, I had a good time on the gin last night - ya never know, it might result in some funny kitten home videos :D

That what you call it these days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

He might get used to her? Male cats and kittens don't go well together anyway, perhaps when she's a little bigger he'll ignore her?

As an aside, would anyone else try this:
    Admit it, you’ve suspiciously eyed those little snails in your backyard and wondered if they were the same thing being sold at the posh french restaurant down the street. If you’re a fan of Escargot, you’re in luck, because you can get it right out of your garden!
    Now before you run outside and begin greedily stuffing snails in your mouth, you should be aware that there’s a little bit of work which should be done before cooking the snails. Snails in your garden may have consumed toxins so you should purify them.
    I would suggest gathering the snails right after or even during a heavy rain. Snails like to come out onto the sidewalk when it rains (they probably don’t like drowning). If you don’t anticipate rain anytime soon, you can spray the yard down with a garden hose and then wait awhile for the little guys to come crawling out. I don’t know how long it takes them to come out when it gets wet, but they are snails, so it’ll probably take a few hours.
    After you’ve gathered your snails, place them in a jar with a tight fitting lid and a few holes for breathing and leave them alone for two days without feeding them. You want to make sure you don’t skip this step as it’s the detoxification process and will allow your snails to purge any toxins they’ve consumed recently. Gordon suggests putting a carrot in their jar after two days of detox and leaving them until their poo starts turning orange. I’ve also heard that you can feed them cornmeal which is supposed to make them taste good (I’m going to go with Gordon’s suggestion on this one). After they’re pooing orange, put them in an airtight jar and leave them in the fridge until they stop moving. Your snails are now ready to cook!
    I'm really tempted, for the craic, and to ease my gardens snail infestation...

Given the chance, my cat may well eat the kitten just because she is bothering him.
    However there is no chance I may eat the garden snails just because they bother me. :eek:
    Thats not how it works.
    WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Lmfao, fair point, you actually have me in stitches here, right, need a new plan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Yeah gin's pretty awful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So ladies, what shots do you like? So I know what to ply you all with at the beers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

FIV - feline version of aids.

____

aww shes cute! my own 2 didnt get on much - picasso loved to play as a kitten but the older she got she realised she should leave jessie (older female) alone - esp as she got a few nasty scratches. they just avoid each other - not bothering with each other (picasso is 5 or so now) i was told that in a multi cat household (where the cats are different ages in particular) they only tend to tolerate each other rather than be all friendly. even that is after a spell.

____

ill drink any shot put in front of me. but its so rare i do shots i have to make up for it! i like most shots that have a splash of baileys in it

Anything but sambucca. God I hate anything remotely liquorice tasting!!

Aishae wrote: »
    FIV - feline version of aids.

aw my poor cat died of that :(

ALSO, gin. Or whiskey. Or em rum. Or anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

for my fellow nyan cat fans

:D =
    cute-kawaii-stuff-nyan-cat-journal.jpg

i get through notebooks at an alarming rate so i keep em cheapies. but occasionally one must have a bit of cute/ quirky/ random or some such !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

System of a Down, Def Leppard, The Darkness, Linkin Park, Korn, Pendulum, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper and many many more amazing acts =D

It was absolutely the best week I've ever had. It's showing it on Sky Arts 1 tonight at 10 if you have it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So ladies, what shots do you like? So I know what to ply you all with at the beers :P

Straight jager or jager bombs mainly. Purple haze is quite good too. I like Mickey Finns (and all the cheaper generic versions of it) but you'd have to drink a whole bottle for it to actually do anything which with some drinks is okay but when it's shot you expect something to happen.

...when it's shot you expect something to happen.

Like what ;)

. God I hate anything remotely liquorice tasting!!

Wha about BlackJacks (the sweets ) they were the bomb

• Advertisement

Wha about BlackJacks (the sweets ) they were the bomb
    Those were so good!

Advertisement