Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Kanoe wrote: »
    I'm a trekky and even I don't get it :p
    `
    *snickers* theres a certain humour in taking the sexy piss

and b and c will understand why this would be exceptionally funny after reading several just between episodes - particularly the one with seven brandishing an 'accessory'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Aishae wrote: »
    `
    the sexy piss
    toilet humour :(

[edit; k I get it, but in my defence I have a male friend who cracks out this stuff on an hourly basis and I no longer find him funny]

i know but it speaks to us at a primal level :cool:

he still seems to think he is though :)

id be desentized to it if it was constant too. i like to keep it fresh when it comes to humour

wee more nyan cat
    actually its not so much that i find nyan cat funny - its more that i love pop tarts, cats and lots of colour so nyan cat is my personality in a handy package :pac: but i do like the silliness of it too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

"It's not supposed to be like this .
    Or is it ? If this is whats meant to happe then I wanna know why "

Sorry bout my ramblings .
    whats on everyones agenda this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

"It's not supposed to be like this .
    Or is it ? If this is whats meant to happe then I wanna know why "

Sorry bout my ramblings .

Headin' George or Dragon in Dublin tonight. Anyone else heading out in Dublin tonight? Wanna head out tomorrow but my first passion takes precedence. Friday night will have to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Volunteering at the 5 mile race in the Phoenix Park tomorrow, then beers with friends, and possibly more beer with other friends in the evening. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

We could have met up Kirby, I was supposed to be running that. Maybe next year.

I look like tin tin :(

• Advertisement

I look like tin tin :(

...what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Tin-Tin.jpg
    Tin tin! What did you do to yourself? Is it the hair?

Tin-Tin.jpg
    Tin tin! What did you do to yourself? Is it the hair?

I sincerely hope it's not the clothes anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Ok... kinda linking to the crush thread.

Woman I like, very early stages, and who likes me is having an op soon. Now I have the flrting gift (small token) chosen and I need the serious one (again small token) to cover it as such. Anyone any suggestions?

Need to cover it cos 1. it's very very early days and 2. any gift will attract attention from family and other friends.... so needs to be sth she can "produce".

Actually I may well have had a whiskey inspired brainwave!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok... kinda linking to the crush thread.

Woman I like, very early stages, and who likes me is having an op soon. Now I have the flrting gift (small token) chosen and I need the serious one (again small token) to cover it as such. Anyone any suggestions?

Need to cover it cos 1. it's very very early days and 2. any gift will attract attention from family and other friends.... so needs to be sth she can "produce".

Actually I may well have had a whiskey inspired brainwave!!

What? are you asking us what you should buy a girl you fancy?:confused:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

What? are you asking us what you should buy a girl you fancy?:confused:

Well, I was looking for novel suggestions for a small gift for someone in hospital, but hey clearly you think it's a daft idea.... no worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well, I was looking for novel suggestions for a small gift for someone in hospital, but hey clearly you think it's a daft idea.... no worries.

No - I don't think it's a daft idea - I didn't fully understand what you were asking

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I would suggest a book you know she likes, or something else to keep her amused, hospitals are **** boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Im hungover in work :( i want my bed!

Im hungover in work :(
    Worst thing ever :(

Somehow, despite putting away about 6-7 pints of cider yesterday, I am not hungover. :cool:

• Advertisement

I removed the offending tin tin bits :) just look like boy now but it helped me bypass the queues in the ladies all night, spending in the gents ftw :pac:

don't get them whiskey. I'm terrible at buying presents but if they're in hospital I'd usually just pick up some flowers or a caustically witty balloon, no?
    (like if she's having her appendix removed get one that says congrats it's a girl?)

also, I need to drink less.

people are fúcking crazy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

people are fúcking crazy

What happened kanoe? And welcome to my life? All the people in life, well most of them are batshít insane.

I dunno, I can't take myself seriously and it confuses me when other people do..and they tend to a lot. which probably makes me look like the crazy one.

I'm the exact same way. Never take myself seriously but everyone else does. Even my sense of humor, I craic a joke and it sinks a like a lead or if I just shot their cat.

I have a very serious face, it must confuse them :/

people also think I'm a lawyer/doctor/very intelligent smart successful professional type too. I can actually hear them stop breathing for a moment when I tell them what I am.

[don't ask :p]

an for some strange reason people have difficulty believing I'm Irish, they like to assume I'm from some eastern bloc country.

I can actually hear them stop breathing for a moment when I tell them what I am.

...a pirate? :D

...a pirate? :D

No wonder they take her so seriously. Poor girl getting stranded in Waterford when all the ships left.

ah I want to dress up now :D

btw, I had arranged to meet someone the night following the pirate parade and as she had kids with her thought it would be fun to go dressed as a pirate.

• Advertisement

she never called back :)

Advertisement