Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Haha cool. You're taking this piracy thing seriously. We should buy you a boat so you can patrol the harbour down there on weekends. The Navy might take a dim view of it, but should be fun :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

You are an absolute legend Kanoe!

People do take themselves way too seriously don't they? I don't see the point, it's a short life, have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Worst thing ever :(

Somehow, despite putting away about 6-7 pints of cider yesterday, I am not hungover. :cool:

Ah, another woman who likes her beer :)

Yeah, I only had 6 cans and then a few drinks in the club which usually wouldn't give me a hangover..

I think I'm just ridiculously overtired :(

Good night though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Haha cool. You're taking this piracy thing seriously. We should buy you a boat so you can patrol the harbour down there on weekends. The Navy might take a dim view of it, but should be fun :P

Damnit she should make me her co captain :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

nice hospital pressies.. well when its me id chew someones arm off if they brought me some sort of pastry - eclaire does nicely. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Aishae wrote: »
    eclaire does nicely. :D

Nom, nom. I prefer a coffee slice but I find them impossible to eat without losing all dignity. :o

Are you in hospital? :(

diddlybit wrote: »
    Nom, nom. I prefer a coffee slice but I find them impossible to eat without losing all dignity. :o

Are you in hospital? :(

no - but im a veteran of hospital stays - so at this stage i say f*ck dignity and eat my cream cakes messily. thats when im not asking would someone mind bringing in a take out before i starve :pac:
    they make excellent gifts :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

nice hospital pressies.. well when its me id chew someones arm off if they brought me some sort of pastry - eclaire does nicely. :D

That's an excellent idea, thanks Aishae!

Fair point actually, food is great in hospital! And who mentioned no whiskey?? Fond memory of childhood that, bringing in little bottles of powers to my grandad in hospital...

I think whoever asked probably has the idea now, whatever you bring must be a personal favourite, and digestible!

I've never really been in hospital, I can only imagine how awful the food is. Cake would solve the pain slightly though. Cake solves all probelms, especially when eaten for breakfast. :pac:

• Advertisement

Fair point actually, food is great in hospital! And who mentioned no whiskey?? Fond memory of childhood that, bringing in little bottles of powers to my grandad in hospital...

I think whoever asked probably has the idea now, whatever you bring must be a personal favourite, and digestible!

its true - its a great gift. i always end up with a stash of sweets that i dont even eat in hospital as i dont tend to be feeling up to it (much) but i appreciate when someone swings by a bakery on their way!

when my dad was in hospital (i can only recall one time) - it was one of the more rubbish places for food. tea was usually bread and butter with a sliver of ham.
    so we'd bring in a flask of home made soup or even pasta as the flash was wide enough for some solids

I've never really been in hospital, I can only imagine how awful the food is. Cake would solve the pain slightly though. Cake solves all probelms, especially when eaten for breakfast. :pac:

13 times and counting here - so i know what im talking about. bring on the cakes :pac:

there is actually a bakery IN beaumont hospital. beauty. all hospitals should have a bakery as a form of therapy :rolleyes:

Were they meant to have changed the hospital menus? Somebody realised not starving was an essential aspect of recovery or some such? :p

Were they meant to have changed the hospital menus? Somebody realised not starving was an essential aspect of recovery or some such? :p

it got less disgusting andmore bland i reckon. id never not tasted an omlette like that before anyway.
    the pasta tends to have more flavour cos its drowned in tomato sauce but its one of the more edible items.
    my favourite item on the menu - as its perfectly edible unlike most of it: rice crispies

rice crispies

Students and patients the world over surviving on the goodness of cereal.

The awkward moment where you realise things aren't as straightforward as you once hoped

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Everything ok Prim. How do we get the cakes to you Aishae :P

Everything ok Prim.

Yup :D

Great to hear :)

• Advertisement

In dublin for awhile today. Anyone need a hug? :p

hahaha
    Studying for theory test , come down ere n gimme a hug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Yeah get over here :P

:p just heading home after a hospital trip and a mini adventure. Seriously, does anyone else have an issue with the taste of lipstick ;)

Everything ok Prim. How do we get the cakes to you Aishae :P

most are ok to me. some taste a bit... synthetic sort of like having lips coated in plastic. tend to be cheap ones but even theyve improved in the last decade.

to get cakes to me - ask nyan cat to drop them off at Petra care of the planet Mars

im delighted! - i found out zorbing is in ireland now! (adventure place in clondalkin) and they have aqua zorbing too - wehey! a highlight of my trip to NZ was zorbing. i am so there.

Does the
    mini adventure
    have something to do with
    the taste of lipstick ;)
    , because otherwise you're just being a great big tease with your post.

im delighted! - i found out zorbing is in ireland now! (adventure place in clondalkin) and they have aqua zorbing too - wehey! a highlight of my trip to NZ was zorbing. i am so there.

I just googled this and it looks awesome!

Kanoe wrote: »

Imagone sitting the theory test with those in mind haha

• Advertisement

Does the have something to do with , because otherwise you're just being a great big tease with your post.

It does indeed. ;)

Advertisement