Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

I wish I knew so I could tell you lol
    Where's meesared ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Why am I reading articles of the deinstitutionalisation of people with disabilities at 1.30am? And why am I making pointless notes in the margins like "Very Important- NOTE!"? And why am I whinging about it on the internet? Bleurgh...
    I did a lot on that long time ago, is it work related or just curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

On a lighter note : thank you kanoe :)

you're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Kanoe wrote: »
    I did a lot on that long time ago, is it work related or just curiosity?

I'm in the 3rd year of my doctorate in intellectual disability studies.

THIS is the 1st phase of my project on life stories of older people with ID. I'm following on from this for my PhD.

I really like it, but it's easy to get bogged down reading rings around a certain topic, like I am at the moment... Still, it'll all be worth it when I (hopefully) turn 30 and become Dr. Baby and Crumble within a few months of each other, yay! :cool:

• Advertisement

Dr baby :cool:
    its funny how until a particular topic comes up, I forget I had ever studied anything at all. Children eat your brains. [see I can't even spell anymore]

anyway... exhausted. bed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Do you ever have a dream that you just never want to wake up from?! *Sigh*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Or one of those dreams where you thought you were awake already!

Yeah those ones are weird. When you wake up it takes a few minutes to realise all of that wasn't real lol

Last night i was on a date with a gorgeous blonde girl...in my dreams that is :( :P

(yes Im a loser lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

Just returned home from Sunny California and was greeted with the best news EVER !! made my day :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Yeah those ones are weird. When you wake up it takes a few minutes to realise all of that wasn't real lol

Last night i was on a date with a gorgeous blonde girl...in my dreams that is :( :P

(yes Im a loser lol)

Nothing depresses me more than those dream, because that's all they are, a dream! :(
    Just returned home from Sunny California and was greeted with the best news EVER !! made my day :D

Great! I just made mine too. Listening to Paramore :)

Sorry to the Folk of Tramore that I could not bring the weather with me but as suspected rumour has it (hopefully its true)
    I'll never have to see the attention seeking cow who tried turn my friends against me ever again .... :D Fingers crossed

Hmmmm Gossip. Do tell :P

Hmmmm Gossip. Do tell :P

mail

great...drama...yay.

oo I got offered extra work which will be nice and handy, because I'm such a pleasant hard working, ethical employee. and elevator woman loves me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i know exactly what you mean - i can usually smile and hear in my dreams (isnt the dream world great? :D) but sometimes i have dreams where i have some sort of operation or treatment and i can suddenly smile or hear. then i go around flashing my smile happily or listening to all the music i missed and then wake up - you know how it is for a few glorious moments you think it was real - then you realise it was a dream.

ive had those dreams you mention where youre with somneone, you meet someone or you even fall in love and then wake up and think 'sh*te'

as much as those dreams can get to you i cant bring myself to hate em cos dreams are like a bit of a holiday where anything is possible
    where else can i fly? :pac:

Aishae wrote: »
    i know exactly what you mean - i can usually smile and hear in my dreams (isnt the dream world great? :D) but sometimes i have dreams where i have some sort of operation or treatment and i can suddenly smile or hear. then i go around flashing my smile happily or listening to all the music i missed and then wake up - you know how it is for a few glorious moments you think it was real - then you realise it was a dream.

ive had those dreams you mention where youre with somneone, you meet someone or you even fall in love and then wake up and think 'sh*te'

as much as those dreams can get to you i cant bring myself to hate em cos dreams are like a bit of a holiday where anything is possible
    where else can i fly? :pac:

What do you mean you can smile and hear in your dreams? :confused:

Yeah, I don't usually have dreams where I'm with someone so it made it extra annoying when I woke up and realised it wasn't real :(

EDIT: Also..being on my feet all day working in the rain is not fun :(

• Advertisement

Maybe I should stop looking for a job :p Maybe then will one appear.

/Slaps head on desk and cries

I had a nightmare last night, I don't usually have nightmares but it woke me up and I couldn't sleep after it.

Kanoe wrote: »
    I had a nightmare last night, I don't usually have nightmares but it woke me up and I couldn't sleep after it.

Can't say I've ever had a nightmare in years, but I seem to wake with a freight, having litterally jumped out of my bed all to often with painful consequences.

I actually spent years analysing dreams, I love dreaming/dreams, in fact it's my namesake ;)

Funny you should mention that, I've got the Dictionary of Dreams on my desk beside me. Love writing down some of my dreams and going through them, even though some of the results do depress me a bit.

ah ya kinda got to put them in context, they can never that bad mostly you're dealing with stuff you've already experienced, it's just looks differently :P

I suppose you're right. I've always listened to a Psycho-Analyst who has always looked forward when analysing them instead of reflecting on what has happened. Could help :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I studied dream analysis and stuff for a while, if you buy into them, those books make no sense, because it's your subconscious creating easier ways for your conscious to digest what it's thinking. So it uses symbols. Lots of books for example see a pen as a symbol for a penis (ok so these re mostly Freudian books! :p), whereas to me, a pen is a symbol for intelligence. So if I dreamed of envying someones pen, it probably just means I think they're smarter than me, not that they have a sexy penis I want to jive with. You know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

What do you mean you can smile and hear in your dreams? :confused:

Yeah, I don't usually have dreams where I'm with someone so it made it extra annoying when I woke up and realised it wasn't real :(

ditto on the later - thats why i am mildy p*ssed off when woken from such dreams and try to stay in bed as long as possible :pac:

about the former - its no secret im deaf - spose it wont hurt to elaborate! deaf since the age of 13 because i had a brain tumour removed and that also affected the power in my face (ability to smile for example) on one side then i lost the other side to a similar surgey at 21 (i was p*ssed, i had an Elvis thing going on)
    i dont mind talking about that stuff cos its all 'matter of fact' stuff to me but i hope im not freaking anyone out with my sometimes a bit too honest attitude!

________
    relaxing with a huge glass of wine - probably my first in a month - but the dogs have been testing my patience (and bank balance) with their vet bills this week!

• Advertisement

Aishae wrote: »
    ditto on the later - thats why i am mildy p*ssed off when woken from such dreams and try to stay in bed as long as possible :pac:

about the former - its no secret im deaf - spose it wont hurt to elaborate! deaf since the age of 13 because i had a brain tumour removed and that also affected the power in my face (ability to smile for example) on one side then i lost the other side to a similar surgey at 21 (i was p*ssed, i had an Elvis thing going on)
    i dont mind talking about that stuff cos its all 'matter of fact' stuff to me but i hope im not freaking anyone out with my sometimes a bit too honest attitude!

________
    relaxing with a huge glass of wine - probably my first in a month - but the dogs have been testing my patience (and bank balance) with their vet bills this week!

Big hug to you Aishae just because :)

Advertisement