Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Aishae wrote: »
    ditto on the later - thats why i am mildy p*ssed off when woken from such dreams and try to stay in bed as long as possible :pac:

about the former - its no secret im deaf - spose it wont hurt to elaborate! deaf since the age of 13 because i had a brain tumour removed and that also affected the power in my face (ability to smile for example) on one side then i lost the other side to a similar surgey at 21 (i was p*ssed, i had an Elvis thing going on)
    i dont mind talking about that stuff cos its all 'matter of fact' stuff to me but i hope im not freaking anyone out with my sometimes a bit too honest attitude!

________
    relaxing with a huge glass of wine - probably my first in a month - but the dogs have been testing my patience (and bank balance) with their vet bills this week!

Oh wow I'm so sorry! I had no idea.

On another note, I know how you feel with pets and vet bills :eek: You should shop around when it comes to vets though. We took ours to one for years before we realised they were ripping us off and another vet usually did procedures for like €20 less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

ah yeah luckily we have a really good vet who knows her stuff - weve used her for 20 years though we did get them neutered elsewhere outside of dublin cos dublin is way more expensive. she often waivers the consult fee and doesnt charge for consultations if its for a vaccination (for us anyway)
    i think vets have caught up with the (recessionary) times though. id noticed the fees in our vets got a bit cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Co-worker today:

"You run, you're getting a bike, you watch sport virtually every time it's on TV... you are every guy's dream".

I lol'd. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Co-worker today:

"You run, you're getting a bike, you watch sport virtually every time it's on TV... you are every guy's dream".

I lol'd. :pac:

Ahh, they say women don't know what they want. Men are the same. :mad:

I play sport, I'm big into fitness, would watch pretty much any sport on tv, I drink beer, I used to be really into video games, I have a guys sense of humour most of the time...

Yet I haven't had much luck in the guy department at all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

^^^^^ Straight guys dont tend to go for butch girls

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I have a bit of a thing for butch girls, but when me and a friend tried, we didn't seem to click.

I have a bit of a thing for butch girls, but when me and a friend tried, we didn't seem to click.

I know thousands of guys I tried setting up with some friends and they were like hell nah she's more masculine than me brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Does drinking beer, enjoying sports and playing video games make you butch? I thought it put you in the friend zone in that respect?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Some guys just don't. I think it's more of a clicking kind of issue for me. I actually like the girl, but there's no real intensity there. Something I actually felt with or for anyone in an extraordinarily long time.

i drink beer and wear a dress
    dunno what that makes me?!:D

• Advertisement

Does drinking beer, enjoying sports and playing video games make you butch? I thought it put you in the friend zone in that respect?

Apparently it does .
    Was talking to one of the lads trying to set him up wit someone and he says that secretly lads would rather a girl nag him about video games and soccer than to play with him , and drinking lager is a total deal breaker then again I'l never understand men

Now as for girls playing games and so on, two of my other friends do and I'd have a bit more of a thing for them. :P I'd actually nearly fancy the pants off them just for that. One is really feminine and loves pints of Budweiser. My god if she was ok with my transiness in that way, I'd make a pass at her.

Apparently it does .
    Was talking to one of the lads trying to set him up wit someone and he says that secretly lads would rather a girl nag him about video games and soccer than to play with him , and drinking lager is a total deal breaker then again I'l never understand men

reminds me of the time i was in temple bar with friends - i came back to them after getting a pint upon arrival. they were talking to these lads who said 'ah jaysus a pint?! very ladylike. at least go for a half' - i was in a dress too. i said pints are better value than halves.
    i dont even drink much but i wondered if they were afraid i could chug it faster than them!

Now as for girls playing games and so on, two of my other friends do and I'd have a bit more of a thing for them. :P I'd actually nearly fancy the pants off them just for that. One is really feminine and loves pints of Budweiser. My god if she was ok with my transiness in that way, I'd make a pass at her.

ah sher maybe ti just the straight oddballs im friends with so :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

reminds me of the time i was in temple bar with friends - i came back to them after getting a pint upon arrival. they were talking to these lads who said 'ah jaysus a pint?! very ladylike. at least go for a half' - i was in a dress too. i said pints are better value than halves.
    i dont even drink much but i wondered if they were afraid i could chug it faster than them!

I nearly got into an argument with a barmaid in Mallow before because she gave me a half-pint glass with a pint bottle of Bulmers, and gave my male friend a pint glass with his...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

That doesn't translate to butch though, I think a lot of male friends of mine see me as asexual at this stage rather than butch for most of the same behaviours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Wonder what guys would make of the fact I only drink neat whiskey? Luckily I don't give a crap, so...

I nearly got into an argument with a barmaid in Mallow before because she gave me a half-pint glass with a pint bottle of Bulmers, and gave my male friend a pint glass with his...

Here, a slap would be in order.

the cheek! sexism in a bar :rolleyes: seriously though, i wouldnt expect it THERE but now you mention it...

the lad that said 'jaysus a pint!....' didnt so much say it as write it down very wobbly for me (it was only just gone seven pm :P!)

Gone wobbly at around 7 :P I've often been in a mild state of inebriation at a much earlier time of day :D The joy of working on a J1 and too much time off work ;)

• Advertisement

Here, a slap would be in order.

not just me with a temper I see :p

Only when I used to drink. :rolleyes: I'd give out to my own shadow

ha! he looked the sort that was in IT.
    its much easier to get people to write stuff down if theyve had a drink but its piss easy once theyre knobbled.

though if i go to the doctors / consultants / bank / post office / any random shop where i cant just pay and say thanks - its a stand off between me n them

them - 'mlahbmlahblah'
    me 'sorry . im deaf so could you write that down?'
    them 'blah'
    *me repeats*
    them 'blah blah'
    *me looks blank*
    them 'er.... blah blah?'
    *me looks extra pristine blank*
    them 'blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?'
    me 'please will you WRITE it?'
    them *grudingly writes one word*

to be fair the service industry has improved. they only need to blah blah 3 times instead of 4 now :pac:

I'd give out to my own shadow

Reminds me of today in abrakebabra I nearly ate yer one when she handed me the Taco Fries , I go love c'mere I dont remember ordering a kiddies meal:p

The urge to have a toasted sausage sandwich with cheese and red sauce just popped into my head. Now to fight indecision and satisfy my stomach! :P

toasted sausage sandwich with cheese and red sauce

You my friend have got some questionable taste buds :rolleyes:

The urge to have a toasted sausage sandwich with cheese and red sauce just popped into my head. Now to fight indecision and satisfy my stomach! :P

i get the sausages and i get the red sauce - but cheese?
    sausage with red sauce toasted butty would go down well about now..... :D

edited afterthought: though a crispy bacon and red sauce butty with a white bun - id eat your arm off if you had one

Yes cheese, melting over sausages between toastie. Ha foaming at the mouth now :P

i get the sausages and i get the red sauce - but cheese?

Yeh the cheese is fair questionable

• Advertisement

Yes cheese, melting over sausages between toastie. Ha foaming at the mouth now :P

i like a good sausage (oh er) so the ones i had are savoury enough - cheese would be overkill to me. says the woman that lovels a tomato flavoured instant noodle sammich

Advertisement