Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Work as usual! :(

BOOOOOOOOOO!

@Squishy- Happy Birthday!!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know it makes me sad baby, but I have an interview in limerick this day week and I might just spend the night in Galway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

boop bank holiday weekend. bbq tomorrow and maybe a flying bike ride to Corcaigh Sunday. Stupid spraoi is on down here and stupid gay pride all next week. I want to go away until it's all over. :(

[ooh and happy bday squishykins ;)]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Happy birthday, Squishy!

And if I were you, Kanoe, I'd be running as fast as I could in the opposite direction too :)

As for my weekend...I was thinking of heading over to Galway as I have friends and stuff there and used to live there and just want to get out of Dublin but DEAR GOD WHY CAN'T I DRIVE. I hate the airbus so much.

So if I don't go, I'll stay at home and see my mom and write, I think.

I can hide, I'll just go to work and come home and not do anything or go anywhere all week..bah. I hates it.

..my friend met someone last night and I'm desperate to get the juicy gossip and he's not answering his phone, answer your phone godammit man I need to knowwww NOW.
    also hoping she hasn't gone and robbed his wallet and fone and legged it.

• Advertisement

maybe they're still at it ;)

why does being in work give me a wicked headache? Or could it be the sleeping pills giving me headaches? Does anyone know if they even do that?

NOOOOOO!
    he has to go to work.

and yeah sleeping pills can give you dull headache

hmm. nads. it's a vicious cycle of painkillers and sleeping pills!

Maybe he'll call in sick :D

I'm his boss :P

if they contain antihistamine they will make you feel like that. I did that too for a while, painkillers during the day and sleepers at night, not nice way to go about your day. Best just give them a break for a while, ended up with vertigo like symptoms after it.

Hmm. Maybe that's a good idea. Maybe my sleeping pattern will be knocked back into shape tonight :):) for a few days at least :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I have a date next week! With a girl!

There must be something I'm missing here. I'm very suspicious about this girl. She's gorgeous like :confused:

Ah well, I will find out soon enough :D Wish me luck guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

jaffacakes - just go with the flow, you never knw your luck ;)

Squishy - happy birthday!

weekend - showing my younger cousin the beer-filled sights! well... sorta. Brayfest. I'm only going for the aqua balls and the fun fair :pac: (27 going on 10 when it comes to fun fairs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

Aishae wrote: »
    jaffacakes - just go with the flow, you never knw your luck ;)

Squishy - happy birthday!

weekend - showing my younger cousin the beer-filled sights! well... sorta. Brayfest. I'm only going for the aqua balls and the fun fair :pac: (27 going on 10 when it comes to fun fairs)

Haha or your fate lol
    Happy Birthday Squishy , what age are we celebrating?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Asry wrote: »
    hmm. nads. it's a vicious cycle of painkillers and sleeping pills!

Maybe he'll call in sick :D

How long have you been on painkillers? Withdrawls from either the pain killers or sleepers will lead to headaches and dizzy spells so even taking them at erratic times may cause it. Both are really only intended to be used short term so you should probably talk to your doctor about them.
    I have a date next week! With a girl!

There must be something I'm missing here. I'm very suspicious about this girl. She's gorgeous like :confused:

Ah well, I will find out soon enough :D Wish me luck guys!

Low self esteem apart it's nearly impossible to understand attraction so just go with the flow and accept it, if she is going on a date with you it's because she is attracted to you simple as that. Analyzing why and questioning it will probably only wreck your head and end up giving you a reason to be unattractive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i got me some voice recognition software :D
    ive long dreamt of a handheld device that actually works - i did have software about 13 years ago that the school provided but oh my gods, that stuff was diabolically bad.

this one is fairly accurate when you speak in an even voice and make your words clear (so you have to throw the dublin accent out the window!) its less accurate if i speak into it - its just more accurate with some than others.

today i was playing around with it to test it - i said: silly bitch
    the programme spat back at me 'act gay bitch'

very intelligent software if its picked up on that, lol. or perhaps its telling me to act more gay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I was watching Dirty Sexy Things last night (modelling shows are a guilty pleasure of mine). It amazes me how some people seem to think the words 'gay' and 'bisexual' are interchangeable.

The model who sounds like Matt Smith (I am rubbish with names) seems to think 'bisexual' and 'greedy' and interchangeable terms but I won't go into that because it'll just become a full blown rant resulting in me foaming at the mouth.

(btw posting this here 'cause don't think it warrants it's own thread but I had to get it off my chest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

(btw posting this here 'cause don't think it warrants it's own thread but I had to get it off my chest)
    It's actually an interesting topic that *is* worth starting a thread on. Feel free to :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feeling all gender dysphoric tonight! :o Seen an amazing lady on a private forum, pre-hormones and thought to myself, "Now I feel really F-ugly!" Wish I could just wake up a girl tomorrow.

Feeling all gender dysphoric tonight! :o Seen an amazing lady on a private forum, pre-hormones and thought to myself, "Now I feel really F-ugly!" Wish I could just wake up a girl tomorrow.

"You are beautiful in every single way " :)

Ah thanks :o

• Advertisement

Spraoi this year BJaysus tis a total sham tbh
    nair a firework or nothing ......now thas just not on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Moving into my new apartment tomorrow :eek:

Racing on Monday (Bay 10k in Dun Laoghaire) :eek:

Going to see the bitter tears of petra von kant in the IFI this afternoon as part of GAZE. Excitement! Who doesn't love sadomasochism more than ME?

I know I rant (sometimes too much :D) about how much I hate Pride, but by that I mean the parade, not all the other cool stuff! So therefore it's perfectly acceptable for me to like GAZE. Yeah. So there.

If any of you are there...I'll be the one in .. em .. yeah I don't know what I'll be wearing. I'm in PJ bottoms and my old Dresden Dolls tshirt. So yeah I'll come back after my shower and tell you what I'm wearing so that if you ARE there, you'll KNOW ME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I want a bike, but they're expensive and I'd most likely get hit by a car within a week of having it. That and everywhere I would want to go is up several giant hills. :(

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I want a bike, but they're expensive and I'd most likely get hit by a car within a week of having it. That and everywhere I would want to go is up several giant hills. :(

But see it from this perspective. It would improve your spatial awareness and reaction times. You'd also benefit from increased fitness and it's cheaper than a car :)

But see it from this perspective. It would improve your spatial awareness and reaction times. You'd also benefit from increased fitness and it's cheaper than a car :)

it wont save you from the rain though :p

Ah but foresight, my dear! Rain gear will solve that problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

That'll first involve a few encounters with a Jeep though won't it? :P
    They're just so cool!

That'll first involve a few encounters with a Jeep first though won't it? :P
    They're just so cool!

If you do get a bike promise to not make those ridiculous hand shapes you're expected to

• Advertisement

That'll first involve a few encounters with a Jeep though won't it? :P
    They're just so cool!

There is potential to enjoy the asthetics of a jeep close up, but they're easy to dodge :)

Advertisement