Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

just got off bike, helmet head and numb arse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I've had the same complaints myself, but I was never privvy to wearing a helmet. Get hit by a car and the foam on your head will do feck all for ya.

motorbike

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Bicycle. I may one day get a motorbike for the cheapness of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

Kanoe wrote: »
    motorbike
    So The city has lesbians on motorbikes? why wasn't I informed of this :eek:

• Advertisement

cuz I'm not like all the other lesbians

meaning ......

no hidden meaning there, I'm just not out there in the midst of things so you probably wouldn't see me too much.
    was nice though, spin around the coast, stopped for one in the vic then headed on down to dungarvan and had one in the anchor. :) spent an hour watching the boats in the harbour :)

no hidden meaning there, I'm just not out there in the midst of things so you probably wouldn't see me too much.headed on down to dungarvan

Neither am I , keep outta the middle of the goings on . I was in Dungarvan earlier myself visiting

:P
    but then I know ya know me.

• Advertisement

:P
    but then I know ya know me.

Funny, I don't ! not even to see ya

I'll be in shortts later, come spot me.

Kanoe, I hope you're being a good girl and not out on your bike while having a few drinks :P

Kanoe, I hope you're being a good girl and not out on your bike while having a few drinks :P

send out the Gardaí

I was pillion :P

Now sweetie, be careful

I had a coffee and a lucozade, saving room for a few later :)

Whoops and here's me thinking your on the beer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

You know how they say you never forget to ride a bike? Total myth...at least in my case. *fail*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You know how they say you never forget to ride a bike? Total myth...at least in my case. *fail*

I got on a bike yesterday for the first time in 12 years. It was a rather pretty road bike. It was pointing downhill. I did not fall off. :)

• Advertisement

I got on a bike yesterday for the first time in 12 years. It was a rather pretty road bike. It was pointing downhill. I did not fall off. :)

OOOH fancy. The last time I was on a bike was a year or so ago and I could not get up enough speed to pedal without like falling over or wobbling or whatever. The time before that was maybe seven year ago, I had basically the same problem. It's like learning all over again except now I'm nineteen so i'd look a bit weird practicing around the estate. =P

I have a racer, but haven't used it in awhile. I was going to use it for Triathlons, but I seem to have some serious phobia when it comes to learning how to swim.

You know what I was thinking and I just posted in the GAA forum. Recreational GAA teams! Like 5 a side football, but GAA style. I'd love to join a team for the luls. My 40 year old sister who is British joined one for feck sake :) On saying that I'd say she'd be some woman on the pitch as she's a fiery red head :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a racer, but haven't used it in awhile. I was going to use it for Triathlons, but I seem to have some serious phobia when it comes to learning how to swim.
    Ah I love swimming, I just don't do it often enough and my technique sucks because I haven't had any lessons since school. Did 1,500m in the pool yesterday morning though.

Yeah swimming. I can't recollect on anything that may have happened to me, but I freak out. I was in the Cork Naval Base, supposed to be minding infantry troops, but I nearly lost the rag when they suggested I get on a boat. ItsThatManAgain is to boats and water as BA is to flying :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Ohhh, no I don't do boats. I get incredibily seasick very fast. I've had problems with my ears as in hearing and also balance for as long as I can remember.
    I love swimming though!!!! Sea swimming is so lovely.

I'm drinking my coffee black, trying to be all cool and manly and all. I also chop wood with an axe. (that's a lie). Anyway I've been accused of being a hipster because of this. Comments?

(also the bitter tears of petra von kant was not as sexy as we were hoping :(:()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Boats, in all shapes and forms I completely love. Swimming is not my forte by a long shot...I also immensely dislike swimming instructors for some unknown reason.

@Asry, coffee is nicer black!! As for wood chopping, I suppose it depends whether you're doing it because coal is too mainstream or not. It does smell nice though. :P

I haven't much experience with boats although generally I like the. Like on any form of transport though if I'm facing the opposite way to which the boat is moving in I get seriously dizzy.

I looove swimming but my technique is far from brilliant. Haven't been in ages though despite living next to a leisure centre which my mother is a member of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Nooo sea swimming is the only way to do it! I'd swim at any time of the year! Man it's great. I went swimming with mom a few years ago on Christmas Day. We nearly died but it was really worth it.

note - crashing so bad from the coffee earlier. Mmmmmmbedbedbedbedbed

Asry wrote: »
    Nooo sea swimming is the only way to do it! I'd swim at any time of the year! Man it's great. I went swimming with mom a few years ago on Christmas Day. We nearly died but it was really worth it.

note - crashing so bad from the coffee earlier. Mmmmmmbedbedbedbedbed

Yeah sea swimming is a lot better but pool swimming's cool too. I can't imagine swimming in winter, I'm a baby when it comes to cold so I'd probably cry the whole time. Christmas day, was that the event held in Salthill? My friend did that last year, apparently there was ice floating in the water. =P

• Advertisement

Winter, reminds me of the ice. Was walking 200/300 yards out on to a frozen lake for the craic until me and a mate heard ice shelfs break off a couple of miles out. Never ran on ice before or a lake for that matter until that night :P

Advertisement