Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm thinking of altering my debs dress to wear to a wedding this year.....Yes, I'm that cheap :o

I only spent €25 on my debs dress (ebay FTW). In fairness though the main reason I used ebay was 'cause I couldn't find a nice on in Galway and I wanted something a bit different. Still the price was a huge bonus. I really liked my Debs though, had great craic. Although I suppose I didn't hype it up that much compared to most people. The friend I brought as my date was my friend's date for hers the next day. There was the same photographer at both and when I went to collect the photos the woman said 'He gets around doesn't he?!' If only she knew he's gay...

Btw anyone think there's a point setting up a Know your...' thread here or are too many posters closeted, don't want to recognised e.t.c?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Btw anyone think there's a point setting up a Know your...' thread here or are too many posters closeted, don't want to recognised e.t.c?

ive thought of that before - its up to people if they wanna post a pic though... but i never suggested it.
    if yiz start one ill find a nice bikini shot :P just messing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well I suppose you're only going to be posting in it if you're out, nobody's forcing you to post a pic, right?

Edit- can we call it "know your quiltbags"?????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well I suppose you're only going to be posting in it if you're out, nobody's forcing you to post a pic, right?

Edit- can we call it "know your quiltbags"?????

I like your thinking. Don't post if you want to remain annonamous. I'd be comfortable showing my ugly mug :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I'm not out so wouldn't post a pic up.

But I'd encourage someone to start the thread so I can stalk you all :cool::p

• Advertisement

Okie doke know your quiltbags it is. =P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

What a delightful weekend I've had. Had a 200 mile round trip down to Limerick for an interview. Got my car NCT'd and need a retest due to 3 stupid fecking problems and now it's going to cost me another €28.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

. Got my car NCT'd and need a retest due to 3 stupid fecking problems and now it's going to cost me another €28.

Ouch ... at least you have a car though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Ouch ... at least you have a car though

Seconded...I have a full license but still can't afford to run a car, and I'm desperate to get away from the family =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

I wore trousers to my Debs, back in the day (2005 - le sigh..) Out of 350 people.. so, 175 girls in my year, I was the only one to wear trousers.

I wanted a tux, with a red shirt, black tie and red cons. My Dad said awesome, and my Mam said ABSOLUTELY NOT.

So we spent weeks, upon weeks, finding me these awesome black, heavy fabric trousers with more fabric around the sides (looked awesome, I promise), and a black, knee length, mandarin collar, transparent jacket type yoke, and a little black teeshirt to go under it.

I looked pretty epic. People complimented my outfit to my Mam only last year again!

I went with a boy who taught me how to make paper aeroplanes in playschool, and who had been my best friend until I was 7. We were friends again early secondary school, but fell out of touch. But we went right back into being good friends at my debs, and chatted away, slagged away perfectly :)

He even brought me a corsage :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Seconded...I have a full license but still can't afford to run a car, and I'm desperate to get away from the family =/

I know how ya feel! Can't wait to get my full licence and then afford a car of my own. Love driving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Am I the only person who doesn't really care about owning a car?

No neither of my brothers have ever learnt to drive or intend to and I know a few people who feel the same. I wouldn't care about a getting license if I didn't hate depending on buses so much.

no me neither - i had one for just over a year once when i was on my provisional but gave it up. living in dublin you dont really need a car though...

Aishae wrote: »
    living in dublin you dont really need a car though...

Especially not where I live! :pac:

(It would almost take longer to get a car out of the car park here than it would to walk to Heuston Station or across the river to get a bus)

i remember the outrage i saw when someone asked why some people never learn to drive - the general consensus seems to be were lazy and if we can drive but chose not to, its not so bad. but were still lazy, lol.
    im betting we get more feckin exercise :pac:

*sees a facebook status 'like this if you think i hate you'* *despairs*
    that gem is from a younger relation - were we ever THAT age ? :eek:
    i know things have changed in the technology age but i seem to remember some pretty dramatic girls

Haha, I think I may have been on boards with my original account when I was THAT age :pac:

Haha, I think I may have been on boards with my original account when I was THAT age :pac:

blimey!
    i was on paramount digital entertainment - first the java script chat on the star trek continuum website then using mschat when to access it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Hi everyone i hate invading on your group but anyways, i'm ally first time poster on this thread long time reader of posts on this thread :P

emmm nice to meet ye :)

• Advertisement

ahhh mschat - wavs, macros and slapping people with smelly fish (a particular favurite macro in PDE)
    those were the (nerdy) days

blimey!
    i was on paramount digital entertainment - first the java script chat on the star trek continuum website then using mschat when to access it instead.

Ah I remember my Yahoo Chat days...

Had my first account here from about 2001 onwards... I remember a time where I'd try to load a page, go make a cup of coffee, come back and it would just about have loaded. Next time I'd load a page I'd go get a biscuit to go with the coffee, and so on and so forth :pac:

IOL dial-up. These were the days :pac:

Oh I LOVE the stupidly dramatic leading status updates...

"FML"

"Goodbye facebook! Never again!"

Or these ones that make my eyes bleed:

"2 all dose ppl who tink dey r rly grate. UR FAKE!!!"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

allydylan wrote: »
    Hi everyone i hate invading on your group but anyways, i'm ally first time poster on this thread long time reader of posts on this thread :P

emmm nice to meet ye :)

HULLO! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have one friend who has not only constant status updates, but a twitter linked to facebook. My entire news feed is just this one guy.:rolleyes:

Oh I LOVE the stupidly dramatic leading status updates...

"FML"

"Goodbye facebook! Never again!"

Or these ones that make my eyes bleed:

"2 all dose ppl who tink dey r rly grate. UR FAKE!!!"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"FML:("
    "aww what's up Hun?"
    "can't say here, will pm you hon"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

"FML:("
    "aww what's up Hun?"
    "can't say here, will pm you hon"

Then there's the ones who comment on their friend's walls with
    "Mail4u!"
    "OMG thats crazy!"
    "I no right??"

Just keep it to mail, that's what it's for!

HULLO! :)

Hi!!! :) this is a good thread well done everyone :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I have one friend who has not only constant status updates, but a twitter linked to facebook. My entire news feed is just this one guy.:rolleyes:

He seems like someone with too much time on his hands

• Advertisement

He seems like someone with too much time on his hands

yes i believe you are right

does anyone know of a way to treat sunburn without aloe vera?

Advertisement