Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

allydylan wrote: »
    yes i believe you are right

does anyone know of a way to treat sunburn without aloe vera?

I've heard if you soak a face-cloth with milk and lay it on it for a while works, it cools it and then the protein helps healing or something :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

He seems like someone with too much time on his hands

Depends on your skin type n severity of the sunburn but in the past I've use a tiny bit of Vaseline spread really thinly but that won't be good if the skin needs to breathe. I currently use a baby bum cream as a moisturiser it's a mix of olive oil and Vaseline so you could try mix Vaseline to make it less greasy thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

No ,Sorry ,I wish I could help although I can warn you not to use aftersun

were you away? where did this sunshine appear ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Sudocreme! There are no skin related ailments that cannot be solved with sudocreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

So today I'm off to work with an insanely attractive Irish female musician who will spend most of the day posing on a bed for me and then frolicking in the sea in floaty dresses.

tumblr_loi1ihAlea1qie3i0.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

No ,Sorry ,I wish I could help although I can warn you not to use aftersun

were you away? where did this sunshine appear ?

I'm in London [on holidays] , it was really sunny yesterday and i got burned on the back of my shoulders and back, it's not that bad though so i should be fine

also thanks to everyone for the help :)

I'm in London [on holidays] , it was really sunny yesterday and i got burned on the back of my shoulders and back, it's not that bad though so i should be fine

also thanks to everyone for the help :)

Lucky thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

In work. So bored! At least the game is on later and then beers with you lovely people :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Hi everyone i hate invading on your group but anyways, i'm ally first time poster on this thread long time reader of posts on this thread :P

emmm nice to meet ye :)

WELCOME :D

Rainbow Kirby - not even the slightest interest, or need to learn how to drive. But the parents have decided, that at 25, THIS WILL BE MY FINAL CHANCE EVER.. so I'm starting this month >.<

ALSO I am getting a new piercing today, and I am a little nervous!

I reckon it's just too expensive to a run a car ( from experience ) especially in the current climate - unless it's a necessity because you don't live in the city, have a few kids or that.
    That said it can't hurt to be ABLE to drive so you can drive in an emergency or hire a car abroad etc.

I do regret that I didn't pass my test before I gave it up (as I had to) but I really don't see the need for me anyway

• Advertisement

Aye, that's the parents' feeling - which, to be honest, kinda does make sense. I just feel there's better places to spend money right now than me learning how to drive!

But it WOULD be kinda epic to rent a car in America and cross the country (WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS)

Jean wrote: »
    Aye, that's the parents' feeling - which, to be honest, kinda does make sense. I just feel there's better places to spend money right now than me learning how to drive!

But it WOULD be kinda epic to rent a car in America and cross the country (WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS)

Oh yeah it has gotten more expensive with the newer rule about having to have a certain amount of professional lessons. Driving across the states would be sweet though. Road trip!

Hells yes, road trip! LOVE road trips!

The backseat would just be full of CDs, iphone battery top up chargers, doritos, bacon, bagels, and good espresso :D

(Obviously there would also be a hot plate and cooking utensils to cook the bacon and bagels.. don't be SILLY.)

Hells yes, road trip! LOVE road trips!

The backseat would just be full of CDs, iphone battery top up chargers, doritos, bacon, bagels, and good espresso :D

(Obviously there would also be a hot plate and cooking utensils to cook the bacon and bagels.. don't be SILLY.)

iPhone :D
    There'd need to be one of those small fridges that plug into the lighter. To keep the minerals cold. And you'd have to try the cheap motel experience.

Eh. The boot is a fridge. THE ENTIRE BOOT. Obviously. ;)

HMMM... Cheap motel.. I'd probably die!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

WELCOME :D

Rainbow Kirby - not even the slightest interest, or need to learn how to drive. But the parents have decided, that at 25, THIS WILL BE MY FINAL CHANCE EVER.. so I'm starting this month >.<

ALSO I am getting a new piercing today, and I am a little nervous!

My parents don't understand why I'm so disinterested in learning to drive when everyone my age is mad into it. Its so expensive and I'd always be giving lifts to people and then I'd have to park it somewhere and pay for parking. I intend on moving to town so I can be close to every bus stop ever.

The Luas is soooo handy. I love having it up the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hi everyone i hate invading on your group but anyways, i'm ally first time poster on this thread long time reader of posts on this thread :P

I'd say nice to meet you except I already know you and originally told you about this site so I'll just say welcome to the thread instead.

I'd say nice to meet you except I already know you and originally told you about this site so I'll just say welcome to the thread instead.
    Never apologise for saying howya!
    Or diving in.. Unless it's a pool of sharks ;)
    Hiya by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Saw this today... might be useful for the of the more... interesting and exciting threads we get around here...

;)

http://www.notquitewrong.com/rosscottinc/2011/08/03/so-youre-mad-about-something-on-the-internet/

• Advertisement

feels great being a provisional :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Chuchoter wrote: »
    My parents don't understand why I'm so disinterested in learning to drive when everyone my age is mad into it. Its so expensive and I'd always be giving lifts to people and then I'd have to park it somewhere and pay for parking. I intend on moving to town so I can be close to every bus stop ever.

I know it's expensive and I'm just scapping by, but owning my own car and having a license saved a life during the week. That and the ability to just get up and go where I please is something a bus or a bike can't offer.

@Jean - Don't be nervous, I would have a face full of metal if I wasn't working in the Electrical business and living at home.

@Ally - Welcome and just because words can't convey how I want to say it...

Sauve! I was only watching friends there earlier, first time in a few tears. I love it, it never gets old

Itsthatmanagain - thanks! I have multiple piercings and tattoos.. And get almost sick with nerves each time!

Done now :D had to walk through town holding my boob though - classy BURD!

Itsthatmanagain - thanks! I have multiple piercings and tattoos.. And get almost sick with nerves each time!

OUCH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Owww ya that must have been a sore one. What others do you have? Had a lip piercing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

@Ally - Welcome and just because words can't convey how I want to say it...

Back off she's mine! :p Like in real life and everything. :eek:

Back off she's mine! :p Like in real life and everything. :eek:

So you wont share then? :p

So you wont share then? :p

I think It would be like UFC if you tried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

The dubs are doing well! Woo

Advertisement