Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

In your opinion

Well in your opinion what's the underlying cause? I await this with interest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

For me,

1 There has to be a physical attraction.
    2 She has to get my sense of humour :P
    3 Intelligence is a big turn on. Have to be able to have an intelligent conversation. Obviously don't need to be a genius but yknow what i mean!
    4 Helps to have some of the same interests as me!

Don't think Im fussy either :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

this originally said furry

I should hope not :p:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Damnit! Thought i was quick enough with that edit! :P Im on my phone so predictive text. Not my fault lol.

For the record Im not furry :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hope you get the job! You're moving to Galway right? Or was that someone else on here!

Yeah I'm hoping to move. I should get into DJing again, anyone need one? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Damnit! Thought i was quick enough with that edit! :P Im on my phone so predictive text. Not my fault lol.

Plenty of hair on your head on Saturday (!)

Suuuure :p
    Never underestimate the power of the interwebs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well in your opinion what's the underlying cause? I await this with interest!

I think there are many underlying causes; social segregation, poverty, intergenerational unemployment, extreme cutbacks through austerity, social policy failure, a capitalistic culture that creates extreme greed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I think there are many underlying causes; social segregation, poverty, intergenerational unemployment, extreme cutbacks through austerity, social policy failure, a capitalistic culture that creates extreme greed

Think we need alittle bit of anarchy for awhile. Granted we'll dig ourselves and even bigger hole, but the Gov might get nervous and do a better job.

This new text-ship has turned me into an insomniac

it doesnt end until someone falls asleep which is about 3 ish:pac:

• Advertisement

Have been thinking about trying my hand at breaking a world record for a while and I love fund raising. So I'm going to chance my arm at doing both. I'm going to try to break the record for staying awake, which is 264 hours consecutively or 11 days.

I've already sent an app to the Guiness World Records to kick things off and I may set up an online page soon for getting funds together. Just have to wait for word back so I can plan and get on with it :P Any one have any thoughts?

t :P Any one have any thoughts?

see how many people you can get together to pie the government

I'm guessing over 4 million will take part :pac:

see how many people you can get together to pie the government

I'm guessing over 4 million will take part :pac:

That would be fun :P I just set up a fundraising page. Now I just need people to help keep me focused and I'll organise a start date once everything is set.

I'm seriously thinking about a new dressinggown. Once I put it on, the kitten seems to think I'm his mammy - he's purring like an engine looking for milk. We found out today he's only 7 weeks so he was 5 when we got him. Far too young to be away from the mam

That would be fun :P

Mind you seeing Kenny's puss covered in white would be like a scene from a low budget horror movie :D

He'd love the cream.

He'd love the cream.

He's bound to love something more whipped than himself :p

I'd say the wife has him fairly whipped. I would wonder which one of them is running the Country, him or her. :P

I'd say the wife has him fairly whipped. I would wonder which one of them is running the Country, him or her. :P
    Behind every great man, there's a woman with a cream pie!

He seems very edgy around her I think

• Advertisement

Aishae wrote: »
    Behind every great man, there's a woman with a cream pie!

filled with Arsenic:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

filled with Arsenic:p

This message has been logged by Central Intelligence Eire.

Have been thinking about trying my hand at breaking a world record for a while and I love fund raising. So I'm going to chance my arm at doing both. I'm going to try to break the record for staying awake, which is 264 hours consecutively or 11 days.

I've already sent an app to the Guiness World Records to kick things off and I may set up an online page soon for getting funds together. Just have to wait for word back so I can plan and get on with it :P Any one have any thoughts?

Went 8 days without sleep before. I fell asleep finally on the Friday and woke up about 8pm Sunday.

hare05 wrote: »
    This message has been logged by Central Intelligence Eire.

Yeah I only learned last year we have an Intelligence Agency.

Yeah I only learned last year we have an Intelligence Agency.

http://www.cie.ie/home/

It's a conspiracy :pac:

I know about them lol. Fairly decent considering the black budget we have :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It's like a drug induced seizure but funny :rolleyes::P

Suddenly keen on a cinema trip but Saturday's subtitled screening is super 8 which I want to see but I can wait for the DVD. At the price of cinemas I'll go if it's a film I gotta see <- cos im a cinema stinge ;) I love the whole cinema thing but it's pricey even if you bring your own nibbles. Harry potter the other week (brought my cousin) not 3D, was almost 11€.

• Advertisement

Aishae wrote: »
    Suddenly keen on a cinema trip but Saturday's subtitled screening is super 8 which I want to see but I can wait for the DVD. At the price of cinemas I'll go if it's a film I gotta see <- cos im a cinema stinge ;) I love the whole cinema thing but it's pricey even if you bring your own nibbles. Harry potter the other week (brought my cousin) not 3D, was almost 11€.

18 for myself bought nibbles there

Rip off Ireland for ya eh?:p

Advertisement