Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I'm on FB - im One of the few these days that doesn't think its evil incarnate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

haha. unfourtunilty i'm addicted to it :(

allydylan wrote: »
    haha. unfourtunilty i'm addicted to it :(
    I'm always checking the news feed and notifications but I'm the same with boards and email. All hail the ease of phone/net use! I'm also glued to the laptop a lot less now thanks to the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

You guys are such gossip junkies :rolleyes: what happens if the nets down ? A dose of the withdrawals ?

You guys are such gossip junkies :rolleyes: what happens if the nets down ? A dose of the withdrawals ?
    I emerge from my room and blink blindy at the light in the outside world - then go eat some brains in a zombie-like fashion :D

• Advertisement

pretty much :P
    Aishae wrote: »
    I emerge from my room and blink blindy at the light in the outside world - then go eat some brains in a zombie-like fashion :D

hahahahahaha, that's strange because that's exaclty the same thing i do :P

pretty much :P

hahahahahaha, that's strange because that's exaclty the same thing i do :P

Is there any other way to eat brains?;)
    Nomnom.

god the mod closed my thread again! i think they have something against me

and please lgbt mod's don't come on here and start trying to block me, i'm not purposely doing anything wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

god the mod closed my thread again! i think they have something against me

and please lgbt mod's don't come on here and start trying to block me, i'm not purposely doing anything wrong

pm the mods and ask could they move it rather than closing it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

thanks but i think i just give up, and won't bother starting threads on here anymore, they keep getting closed by mod's :P

• Advertisement

thanks but i think i just give up, and won't bother starting threads on here anymore, they keep getting closed by mod's :P

Probably had more to do with the nature of the question - even if you say you want to know peoples experience with something medical rather than medical advice itself it's still considered to be pretty much the same - going by the forum charters and asking about an avastin treatment myself.

It's hard to know what is acceptable sometimes as I've seen similar topics that didn't locked or that.

ya i think that's it, i'm not dumb enough to take medical advice from people all the internet just opinions but it doesn't matter anymore :P

let's see.......i think i've gotten over my fear of gorillas which i'm pretty pleased about :P

Ally-
    As for piercings - I don't know about with hearts specifically but I've gotten a couple of tattoos and had to consider the health side too for other reasons and it seems to have to do with:
    If you have a foreign electrical body such as a pacemaker for example
    And if you are prone to low immunity
    If your heart actually affects your immunity
    And things like that.

Gp really is the best place to ask but you said its 50 euro. I thought people still in school got free healthcare ? Maybe I'm behind the times on that one!
    You could try contacting some reputable parlours and ask if they've ever had this query before or even dealt with customers with the same problem.

Ally-
    As for piercings - I don't know about with hearts specifically but I've gotten a couple of tattoos and had to consider the health side too for other reasons and it seems to have to do with:
    If you have a foreign electrical body such as a pacemaker for example
    And if you are prone to low immunity
    If your heart actually affects your immunity
    And things like that.

Gp really is the best place to ask but you said its 50 euro. I thought people still in school got free healthcare ? Maybe I'm behind the times on that one!
    You could try contacting some reputable parlours and ask if they've ever had this query before or even dealt with customers with the same problem.

thanks so much, that was a great help to me, and no i don't get free health care cos i live with my parents who both earn normal wages so our medical card got taken away like last year

judging on what you said i should be able to get one, but i'll look into it more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

When there's no internet, I read.. and then remember how much I adore reading.. and SWEAR I'm going to spend an HOUR EVERY EVENING reading books, and not boards..

Then the internet comes back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My UPC stuff just arrived, to go from the ****ty O2 mobile broadband to 25Mb is pretty awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

My UPC stuff just arrived, to go from the ****ty O2 mobile broadband to 25Mb is pretty awesome :D

Enjoy the first 4 weeks and download with gay abandon (no Pun intended) after that it will get slower and slower before your eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

stephen_n wrote: »
    Enjoy the first 4 weeks and download with gay abandon (no Pun intended) after that it will get slower and slower before your eyes!

Heh, well anything's an improvement over the really crap speeds I was getting before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Ear infection.

Augmentin, drowsyness and PAIN.

There should be a rehab for that sort of thing:p

• Advertisement

Enjoy the first 4 weeks !

Yup then the bill comes - absolute chancers they are

Hey guys, sorry but does anyone know what age you have to be to get a debit card?

Enjoy the first 4 weeks !

Yup then the bill comes - absolute chancers they are

I'm really wary of companies that want direct debit now. Since my mum got over billed but she used my account. So I'm the one 150 down as a result as they just take it from the account, never got paper bills or was even told how to get em online. Bloody chancers. This was not UPC.

Overbilled like that a few times till we told them to get lost

Hey guys, sorry but does anyone know what age you have to be to get a debit card?
    You have to be 18 to have a bank account - i think - but they do student accounts - I had an ATM card when I had a student account and these days ATM cards are usually debit cards but I'd check with the bank

I'm really wary of companies that want direct debit now. Since my mum got over billed but she used my account. So I'm the one 150 down as a result as they just take it from the account, never got paper bills or was even told how to get em online.

This happened us with UPC

You have to be 18 to have a bank account - i think - but they do student accounts - I had an ATM card when I had a student account and these days ATM cards are usually debit cards but I'd check with the bank

ok thanks for the help ..... again :P , i do want to try to get one

I'm really wary of companies that want direct debit now. Since my mum got over billed but she used my account. So I'm the one 150 down as a result as they just take it from the account, never got paper bills or was even told how to get em online.

This happened us with UPC
    Was it with a mobile stick broadband?
    They took the absolute piss with us and wouldn't send us a bill which broke down this supposed overuse. It was a 30gb limit though I since learned mobile broadband just isn't suitable for much.

Was it with a mobile stick broadband?
    No.
    It kept breaking down literally every month and the bill would be outrageous when we got it so we were basically paying for a service we weren't getting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just got Planet of the Apes, the new one and I shall watch it on a night in :P

• Advertisement

Are bra's something one needs to consider when theres a possibility of 'gettin some'?
    It's not something I've taken into account before

Advertisement