Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭electrobi

zxy wrote: »
    I think I know who you are ;)

Oh jayzus! PM me with a hint!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Oh so ye know each other well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

lol..not yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well atleast ye have some common ground :D

lol..not yet

Next con. Promise I'll stay away from your daughter ;)

• Advertisement

haha, I'm hiding the internet from her tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

You know... we should have an off topic nerd thread and and off topic thread. Cus this is brilliant.

I picked up a cosplay book from FP the other day when I went in looking for something else (and came out with 5 other things). I REALLY want to give cosplay a try. There was some really excellent stuff. I'll try scan my favourites when I'm home.

I remember spending a month of college helping a friend build a chicken wire gourd for a Gara costume but I've never really really given cosplay a proper try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I used to be into anime too, but not so much any more.

still have a lot of time for Spirited Away though, one of my favourites EVER! :D

if we had done the halloween thing we would have got to dress up :(

(I have an idea..)

going to Gaga next week but it's on a tesday and wouldnt be able to get back up to Dub before halloween weekend, but if anyone wants to venture down this way Dignity are throwing a halloween costume party on the 30th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

I was just lurking and came across mentions of Red Dwarf, internet memes, Mighty Boosh and felt compelled to say hi. That's about all I can muster for now though, I'll think of something later to continue the conversation with!

I would also consider myself to be quite geeky. Unless more other people can recall the most useless trivia on any given subject and give explicit technical details about other things. Then I'm just average I suppose. But I've never thought of myself as average. I'd rather have "exceptional"! :D

• Advertisement

@Eebs I'd love to see what types of costumes you liked. I always seem to go for the male ones or the kick ass chicks. I can see it now, LGBT geek/cosplay meet-up ftw!

@zxy you just can't escape cosplay can you! JOIN US :D

@Links I have all of the Studio Ghibli titles, Spirited Away was my first, j'adores it. Howl's Moving Castle or Princess Mononoke are probably my faves.

So many nerds ITT

Paddy C wrote: »
    I was just lurking and came across mentions of Red Dwarf, internet memes, Mighty Boosh and felt compelled to say hi.

Hello, SMART nerd. I'm just a geek with too many way cool DVDs which I've watched so many times I act them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Getting away from nerdy things and TV, you know whats really irritating? When theres one girl in your class of this really important, complicated class and she's really hot and instead of thinking about electron configuration or how lenses work you end up thinking about her for the entire thing. The class is over and its like **** where did that 40 minutes go I can actually so understand why people are against mixed schools, if my whole year of straight girls had people to look at we would get NOTHING done, ever. :P :P:D

In fact considering that involved physics and chemistry class, does that still count as nerdy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Would I be right in saying that the LGBT community of highly intelligent people. Everyone I've met seems to be incredibly bright with a good head on their shoulders despite their field of expertise.
    no, not really - I don't believe there is any correlation between gender/sexuality and intelligence

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Eebs wrote: »
    You know... we should have an off topic nerd thread and and off topic thread. Cus this is brilliant.
    yeah the nerdy/geeky is totally uninteresting to me - I'm not into scifi or comics or computer science at all

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    no, not really - I don't believe there is any correlation between gender/sexuality and intelligence

True. I think sometimes however that creativity(which in itself is a form of intelligence) manifests in people who experience hardships. Many children/teenagers develop quirks in behaviour and invest themselves in hobbies and pastimes to help themselves through difficult times. Again this is not specific to gender/sexuality but being gay is sometimes quite difficult.

OR, all the LGBT boards members might be super geniuses. I like that idea better:D However yeah we need a nerd thread and a not nerd thread.

yeah the nerdy/geeky is totally uninteresting to me - I'm not into scifi or comics or computer science at all

It's just nobody has really maintained conversation about anything else under the off-topic umbrella. You get out what you put in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Wez is a sweaty, under 18s disco in Wesley Rugby Club where you turn up pissed and make out with every member of the opposite sex you can see. If you are female, you may find yourself the joys of the grinding boy sandwich, where two boys trap you between them and grind themselves on you. It is rather unpleasant.:(:P

I am barely allowed to go out with my straight friends, big gay crew is on hiatus for the next 2 years until I'm in college :P And basically everyone on here is a good 8 or 9 years older than me or so.

Ah I knew there was a good reason I didn't want my Daughter going there :)

stephen_n wrote: »
    stick her into a cosplay outfit, seemingly its the better option ;)

• Advertisement

stick her into a cosplay outfit, seemingly its the better option ;)

If it keeps the kids out of trouble, I'm all for it :)

stephen_n wrote: »

Your daughters going to hate me now :P

so..

hungover

welcome to the thread PaddyC ;)

hehehe, had some fun zxy? '_'

yeh :p friend graduated yesterday poor chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

I'm a little delicate too actually after some nerdy fun turned into nerdy drunken fun.

:D

I haven't really been out in a long time, so I think I might want to soon. I know it's not even halloween yet, but in the run up to Christmas I always love hot whiskey :)

I discovered if you drink a Captn morgan at some stage during the night you're less likely to suffer hangover. I forgot this vital piece of information last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Such hospitality! Thanks zxy! :D

• Advertisement

I have come to the conclusion that I am simply too short from concerts.:(
    And I'm sick of looking so straight all I get is boys hitting on me. General argh.:mad:

Advertisement