Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have come to the conclusion that I am simply too short from concerts.:(
    I feel your pain, why do so many tall men go to metal gigs? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Your daughters going to hate me now :P

In all fairness I did the wes thing 20 odd years ago and although the music may have changed the mentality hasn't luckily she isn't interested in boys yet but I'm sure the day every father dreads ain't to far away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I feel your pain, why do so many tall men go to metal gigs? :mad:

Its not even the men! Its the average sized women! 5 feet tall is a dumb height. You are always stuck looking at the middle of peoples back and there is hair everywhere with these long haired girls and when people jump their elbows hit my head. IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know it's awful being short, I'm the shortest in my family at 5' 8''. I actually prefer the shorter woman, more appealing and easier to hide under the duvet just incase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭electrobi

I'm 5'6 but that's TALL amongst mah girls who are all 5'4 or below.

• Advertisement

Damn all you tall people

Oh yeah and I forgot, anyone know any good podcasts on like lgbt issues? A lot of them are just random babbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, did everyone have a good Christmas and new year's eve?

get anything nice for xmas?

Links234 wrote: »
    get anything nice for xmas?
    Still eating my way through all the bloody chocolate! :eek:

Mostly got money from people, spent it all in the sales. Got a gorgeous red military coat in Next which I absolutely love, few other bits too. :)

Still eating my way through all the bloody chocolate! :eek:

Oh I know that feeling, still have most of a gigantic toblerone left :eek: I feel enough of a pig as it is after the mince pies and the pudding :p
    Mostly got money from people, spent it all in the sales. Got a gorgeous red military coat in Next which I absolutely love, few other bits too. :)
    nice! I got a new coat too

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh I know that feeling, still have most of a gigantic toblerone left :eek: I feel enough of a pig as it is after the mince pies and the pudding :p
    I've pretty much made an executive decision to try and just scoff the rest of my chocolate tomorrow and be done with it, so I can get back to normal healthy eating when I go back to work on Tuesday. Of course, it helps that by lunchtime tomorrow I'll have run over 50 miles in the week leading up to that :)

• Advertisement

The only present I didn't bring back and exchange was a massage voucher, I'm getting the impression I'm quite fussy lol

Dunno if I could do that, if I scoff it all at once, there'll be none left for later. and big sugar crash then, I'd feel awful :o

slowly weign myself off all the christmassy junk is my plan :D

*looks around*
    4 Mozartkugeln
    2/3 of a selection box
    Lily O'Brien's truffles
    Stollen

At the very least, I'll sicken myself off sugar for a while...

oh the humanity! :eek:

I'm very near the end of my chocolate stash...I only have chocolate coins left now!:eek:

My arm is wrecked from carrying around a screaming baby all last night. Those things are so heavy!! But I have loads of books arriving tomorrow hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

For the giggles;

Christmas present list 2010, from:

Mom: A really nice scarf, winter hat and fingerless woolly gloves

Dad: Japanese beer, and money (he knew I'd be broke after Christmas :D)

Brother: A bear themed onesie. Yes, yes he did. Publicly embarrassing but privately I love it :P

Work: A hairdressing set, 2 hairbands, and a set of hair clips with pretty colored bows on them. And a comb which I now carry EVERYWHERE. Am I really that obvious?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I had an ironic xmas week. Tore ligaments in my foot then got runners as a gift. It's as if the universe was laughing at me :P Apart from that I got some nice tight fitting tops to keep me warm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

*looks around*
    4 Mozartkugeln
    2/3 of a selection box
    Lily O'Brien's truffles
    Stollen

My body is now crying out for fruit. And vegetables! dear GOD I need vegetables!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Yes it was a good Christmas.

Presents? I got one - a book voucher for Easons. But that's not what Christmas is about (anymore) in our family.

It's about trying to spend time with each other. I'm estranged from my mother (as is my Dad), so him and I spent a week together. It was great! And, at one stage, my two brothers dropped in, and we went for a movie.

I'm in the process of moving apartment - my Dad helped out, and my brother took away some of my stuff to store in his house.

During the week, myself and Dad went for a walk to the shops. I was walking on the footpath with my Dad to my left and the road to my right. Then Dad reminded me that "the male usually walks beside the road"!

I feel cared for. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

hare05 wrote: »
    Brother: A bear themed onesie.
    Want!

For anybody worrying about the cold-turkey from chocolate/coke/cake, it took less than 48 hours for my system to reset to pre-Christmas levels. It's worth it :)

• Advertisement

Presents? I got one - a book voucher for Easons. But that's not what Christmas is about (anymore) in our family.
    It's about trying to spend time with each other. I'm estranged from my mother (as is my Dad), so him and I spent a week together. It was great! And, at one stage, my two brothers dropped in, and we went for a movie.
    I'm in the process of moving apartment - my Dad helped out, and my brother took away some of my stuff to store in his house.
    During the week, myself and Dad went for a walk to the shops. I was walking on the footpath with my Dad to my left and the road to my right. Then Dad reminded me that "the male usually walks beside the road"!

That's lovely, see that's what Xmas should be about. I love giving presents but this Xmas was all about being around family and the ones I love! Never went out once since I finnished work. Spent the three days around Xmas with my parents which I enjoyed so much. Then spent the next three with my GF which is so rare because of our lifestyles and the fact that we still keep our kids separate from the relationship and have had my kids now since NYE. Couldn't be happier and more content if I tried really. Probably the best Xmas I have ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

zoegh wrote: »
    My body is now crying out for fruit. And vegetables! dear GOD I need vegetables!!!

Bring back oranges in the Christmas sock!

MicraBoy wrote: »
    Oh I agree! I think there may have to be a bag of clementines picked up on the way to work tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did you get fruit in your christmas stocking? I never remember that

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Hah, yeah I remember it would always be a mandarin down in the toe bit, myself and my brothers would take everything else out then run around belting each other with it! My dads socks always ended up ruined because they were so stretched from the weight of the mandarin swinging around looking for a head to wallop.

Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Johnnymcg wrote: »

Haha no never, more thinking the parents than myself. I was strictly a selection box kinda kid. I've just been eating oranges the last few days and they were a lovely option after all the chocolate.

Johnnymcg wrote: »

I did, there was always a few pieces of fruit. Of course, it all got ignored in the rush for the chocolate.

Tbh these days I would actually prefer if someone would give me fruit at Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

That's so sweet~!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Haha no never, more thinking the parents than myself. I was strictly a selection box kinda kid. I've just been eating oranges the last few days and they were a lovely option after all the chocolate.

I was kind of thinking that you are not that old :D

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Hey I'm not even 30 and I got fruit in my stocking at Christmas...

Maybe it's a country thing?

Advertisement