Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off-Topic

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Haha, your dirty mind is always at work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I just spewed some milk when I read that baby. How do you find yourself down there?

Doing a bunch of data collection for my PhD. By Tuesday night i will pretty much have all my data collected! It's VERY exciting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

All work and any play? Must finish off my Software degree. In inability to go through with a Psychology postgrad is making me feel alittle :(

All work and any play? Must finish off my Software degree. In inability to go through with a Psychology postgrad is making me feel alittle :(

Well I'll get some time tomorrow afternoon off, and my head will be melted after a few hours of interviews, so if it's nice I might to for a wander.

But if the guy in the room next to me in the b&b doesn't stop coughing soon I might be in prison for murder.

Haha, Offaly for a visit and you end up in Portlaois.

• Advertisement

Just applied for a job as an Electrical Maintanence Technican, How girly of me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Ever have one of those "what kinda sh!t film am I watching" moments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

yep last night actually, Brokeback Moutain was no where near as good as i thought i'd be :(

getting my braces of tomorrow, can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Yep I'm pretty sure I'm watching a really bad medical drama called Oh For ****s Sake
    Or
    Carry On Regardless Doctor
    Or
    Chicago Has All The Hope
    Or
    ER in After Hours
    Or
    Pass The Bleedin Vodka
    Or
    Vodka Iv - Stat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

*watches nyan cat*

10 seconds in...

"lalalala so I've made up my mind it must come to an end lalalala"

:o

10 year school reunion next year. I'm gonna be the only ladyfan and the only one not married going by all the profile pics of the guests! I'd go anyway. But I'm gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

Ten years... Old fart!

Aishae wrote: »
    10 year school reunion next year. I'm gonna be the only ladyfan and the only one not married going by all the profile pics of the guests! I'd go anyway. But I'm gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

Ten years... Old fart!

My 10 year anniversary was last year. I didnt bother going. The thoughts of spending an entire night with people I never liked and didnt really like me didn't appeal. Plus my gf was away at the time, and I didnt fancy going by myself.

I really didnt feel like explaining I was still in college, not married, and no house. Funny how school folks can make even the most confident people feel like crap, eh?

My 10 year anniversary was last year. I didnt bother going. The thoughts of spending an entire night with people I never liked and didnt really like me didn't appeal. Plus my gf was away at the time, and I didnt fancy going by myself.

I really didnt feel like explaining I was still in college, not married, and no house. Funny how school folks can make even the most confident people feel like crap, eh?

i suspect its all gonna be 'im married, have babies' but not everyones life path is like that. my curiosity is there, to see how much things have or have not changed. tbh im hoping ill see some teachers that night, im more interested in seeing some of them again. at least if end up going alone and im bored sh*tless i can bail. its at the school and my granny lives nearby.
    i know, going by how people talk about the reunions theres a lot of d*ck measuring. 'i have a phd' 'i have a lexus' 'i married a banker' but i dont think thatd be the lot i went with. sure if anyone starts, i can play deaf... oh wait...
    tis handy on occasions (like when being chatted up by some poor bloke!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I feel like this will be the case for a lot of people as well. But for the majority of people there, with houses and kids, they probably haven't ever strayed more than a couple of miles from their front door. I'm 22 and about 8 girls out of my year have kids and maybe 20 never left my town. I mean each to their own and all that, no judgement, but I know I'd probably be judged, so eh.

I feel like this will be the case for a lot of people as well. But for the majority of people there, with houses and kids, they probably haven't ever strayed more than a couple of miles from their front door. I'm 22 and about 8 girls out of my year have kids and maybe 20 never left my town. I mean each to their own and all that, no judgement, but I know I'd probably be judged, so eh.

Yeah, the grass is always greener and all that, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭BlackRoom

Why do posts thanked in this section not show up when you check your thanked posts????

BlackRoom wrote: »
    Why do posts thanked in this section not show up when you check your thanked posts????

Why do you check your thanked posts

stephen_n wrote: »
    Why do you check your thanked posts

To see who knows their shít.

• Advertisement

cos this forum is not included in the general search function as far as i know, probably includes the thanks

cos this forum is not included in the general search function as far as i know, probably includes the thanks

Outrageous. Are we happy being swept under the carpet like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Outrageous. Are we happy being swept under the carpet like this?

Im sure some people who have yet to come out or even come to terms with their sexuality are

I think the forums that allow unreg posting don't show up in the search function/ thanked posts. Oftentimes this forum can act like a personal issues forum for some people, who then get freaked out that someone knows their handle and will track them down to have posted here.

I don't think many of the regular posters have an issue with it tbh.

I think the forums that allow unreg posting don't show up in the search function/ thanked posts. Oftentimes this forum can act like a personal issues forum for some people, who then get freaked out that someone knows their handle and will track them down to have posted here.

I don't think many of the regular posters have an issue with it tbh.

Ah yes, that makes sense.

Did anyone see Planet Dinosaur last week? Second episode is on tonight on BBC.

Yes I know, nerd alert but cmon...dinosaurs!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Did anyone see Planet Dinosaur last week? Second episode is on tonight on BBC.

Yes I know, nerd alert but cmon...dinosaurs!! :p

YAY .... Sorry - couldn't contain it :D

To see who knows their shít.

With the suggestion being that if they thank you they do lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

R.E.M. have split up. :(

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    R.E.M. have split up. :(

Just heard :( Always liked R.E.M. Only got to see them live once, at Oxegen. Wish I had seen them properly

Advertisement