Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Wish I'd seen them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Just heard :( Always liked R.E.M. Only got to see them live once, at Oxegen. Wish I had seen them properly

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
    They were the only band well and truly worthy of concert tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

What's your favourite song?

Find the River for me.

G.K. wrote: »
    What's your favourite song?

Find the River for me.

Losing my Religion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Was all downhill after Green!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

cant even recall REM songs, its been so long!

had my travel vax today - jeez, i was wiped after... think i was unconcious instead:pac:
    bring it on: tandem skydiving, jungle trekking and ziplining over the cloud forest and whatnot :pac:
    its been a long time saving, so wehey its finally here (well, several weeks away)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So sad to hear they've split. My older brother is a big fan and he might be devastated.

had a bit of a google - take into account i wouldnt know anything later than 97

everybody hurts (love that)
    its the end of the world as we know it
    shiny happy people (forgot that was rem)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

:eek::eek::eek:

I just looked through a box of old family papers my Dad gave me (he's been cleaning stuff out for the 1st time since my Mum died a few years ago) and I have an original marriage cert from 1882!!!! With an accompanying letter!!! And a bunch of letters from family in Canada- I apparently have a pile of relations in Vancouver!

And I think I might have found proof that my 'spinster great-aunt' was indeed, a lady lover like myself! It's just a poem, but I dunno... seems pretty gay to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah REM. I've posted the same video in a few other threads but E-Bow The Letter is by far my favourite song by them (and that's saying a lot, considering the quality and quantity of their output)

• Advertisement

Why are the weeks going waaaay fast? coming close to the snow - Brrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Why are the weeks going waaaay fast? coming close to the snow - Brrr

I'm glad they're going fast! I've to go to cambridge for a few weeks for college and the longest I've spent from my wife is 3 nights! Not looking forward to 14 nights!

Althought I'm sad weeks are going fast its refreshing to have my routine and makes me enjoy time with my babe more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Watched One Day with my gf last night. I'd seen this like a week ago with my friend and we both agreed it was the one of the worst films we'd ever seen. Two characters with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. There was no end to the tears of joy the gf had for it tho' last night :eek:

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Watched One Day with my gf last night. I'd seen this like a week ago with my friend and we both agreed it was the one of the worst films we'd ever seen. Two characters with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. There was no end to the tears of joy the gf had for it tho' last night :eek:

EEK :eek:
    i saw a preview of this
    glad the ticket was free because jaysus... that was bad...

Aishae wrote: »
    EEK :eek:
    i saw a preview of this
    glad the ticket was free because jaysus... that was bad...

It was really really bad! I felt so bad for
    comedian boyfriend :(

rented kissing jessica stein - i know its been out years but never got around to seeing it

i thought it was quite good. but the ending annoyed me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

I love that film! (kissing jessica stein I mean) And yeah it's cool apart from the end where everything magically returns to the heteronormative status quo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

also, I am bored. Someone entertain me. Dance monkey dance.

Asry wrote: »
    I love that film! (kissing jessica stein I mean) And yeah it's cool apart from the end where everything magically returns to the heteronormative status quo.
    That's exactly it! It just suddenly turned around like flipping a switch. And.. It was supposedly over sex. Doesnt your one know sex dies down at some stage and she could have talked to her about it? Apart from that bit it's a good film

• Advertisement

took the gf to see a film - b!tch didnt let me watch it at all

Dinner with my friend tonight. Yaaaay :)

took the gf to see a film - b!tch didnt let me watch it at all
    Too much canoodling ;) ?

Too much canoodling ;) ?

If I wanted to canoodle id buy a poodle

she was like an octopus :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If I wanted to canoodle id buy a poodle

she was like an octopus :(

I'm sorry, are you actually complaining that your gf was getting frisky?

Really?

REALLY??????!!?!?!?!?!?

Really?

REALLY??????!!?!?!?!?!?
    when I paid ridiculous amounts to see a film - YES !

Really?

REALLY??????!!?!?!?!?!?
    when I paid ridiculous amounts to see a film - YES !
    I get that. There are times when you don't canoodle - time you pay for!

I get that. There are times when you don't canoodle - time you pay for!

She has invaded my flat with her insane self - she has all the time in the world to canoodle me - cinema time is off limits though :mad:

So I'm a movie snob - sue me :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Why don't you go to a movie you don't actually want to see next time and let her have her fun.

• Advertisement

Why don't you go to a movie you don't actually want to see next time and let her have her fun.

pay near 10 euro for her to have her fun whilst in a movie I dont have any interest in - are you mad or just made of money ?:rolleyes:

Advertisement