Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Too much to do too little time! Wish there were more hours in the day

Time flies when you're having fun - weekends dont last :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Golf all day, football all night!

Day off tomorrow :cool: Working all the rest of the week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

xmen wolverine - hugh jackmen, hed turn me straight :cool:

Aishae wrote: »

hear that lads - shes one for turning :p

hear that lads - shes one for turning :p
    yeah - my stomach.
    but come on - hugh jackman has something :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Stupid X Factor made me miss this!! :(

Stupid X Factor

HOW DARE YOU :eek:

funnily though - its only when hes done up as wolverine...

funnily though - its only when hes done up as wolverine...

Hear that ISPCA - eyes on this one :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

yeah - my stomach.
    but come on - hugh jackman has something :rolleyes:

Claws :P

• Advertisement

Claws :P

so its not only humans that float your boat

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

My god woman!

i draw the line at uprstanding quadrupeds :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Michael Fassbender (from this years X-Men) would be the one to turn me. He's just so cool and weird. Saw Jane Eyre there at the weekend, was really good...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

I'm not in the greatest mood either. watching Simpsons in hopes it will cheer me up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Dying with a stupid cold, trying to pack for a few weeks away in college and it's proving very difficult!! Il be away for the guts of three weeks but rapidly running out of space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Time flies when you're having fun - weekends dont last :(

Not even that. I just have too little time to do everything I want to do. With around 27 hours of college lectures (so far) a week, volunteer work, some form of sports training every evening Mon-Fri, work at the weekends (not a sure thing yet however!) and the usual 21sts, nights out etc. I am going to be super busy this year!

Really need to save money to change my insurance to a different car but it's my gf's birthday soon and well...

GOING TO DISNEYLAND \o/!!!!!!

`my heart is broken. what started out as a little constipation in tinky (kitten) - after numerous vet visits - turned out to be a rare congenital disease, an under developed colon basically so he was in terrible pain trying to go to the toilet (nothing could be done for him). he was put to sleep this morning. poor baby. he was only 20 weeks old. we got him ages 5 weeks as a neighbour found him. it kills that my worst fear was realised and i didnt get to say goodbye - he was a little sweetheart and he sometimes slept on my head of all places.. (well id wake up to find him up there)

df2b0674.jpg

`my heart is broken. what started out as a little constipation in tinky (kitten) - after numerous vet visits - turned out to be a rare congenital disease, an under developed colon basically so he was in terrible pain trying to go to the toilet (nothing could be done for him). he was put to sleep this morning. poor baby. he was only 20 weeks old. we got him ages 5 weeks as a neighbour found him. it kills that my worst fear was realised and i didnt get to say goodbye - he was a little sweetheart and he sometimes slept on my head of all places.. (well id wake up to find him up there)

df2b0674.jpg

Aww Babe *hugs*:(

If you need me I'm here ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

df2b0674.jpg

i'm so sorry, *hugs*, i remember the feeling all to well, you poor thing

Thanks guys. I've lost a few pets over the years. I know it hurts. But I was closer to tinky than I've been to a cat in a long time. My little baby type of thing.

That's awful Aishae :( Eyes welled up a bit reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

My thoughts go out to you.

thanks guys, seriously. just back from the cinema (tonight was the whats your number? preview - FYI its very funny, at least it was without subtitles for me)
    i regreted leaving when i was on my way to town but after the film i felt a bit better for a bit of laughter.

i know it may seem a bit much to people but anyone who knows me, knows i love animals and my own pets are my hairy babies and im just a softy when it comes down to it (a mashmallow has nothing on me)
    but if you have had a few pets youll know what its like, you love them all but some of them are just very special in their own way and the bond is even stronger somehow.
    when my dad said 'the vet rang and there was nothing...' i honestly thought he was going to say they found nothing on his x ray not 'there was nothing we could do'

it hurts to wrap my head around the fact he was in pain since the day he was born. but he was such a happy and cuddly cat.
    i know that i gave him a better life than many cats get, even in the short time i had him. and im glad i knew him.

anyway thanks for letting me go on a bit :)

What to do when you live at home and your mum is a bigot worse than ever? David Norris was on the news tonight, which started her off and I'm not happy with her disgusting attitude towards the LGBT community.

I know who I'm cutting ties with when I start transition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

What to do when you live at home and your mum is a bigot worse than ever? David Norris was on the news tonight, which started her off and I'm not happy with her disgusting attitude towards the LGBT community.

I know who I'm cutting ties with when I start transition.

You know my folks used to say some daft stuff, some downright offensive, before I came out. Often you find that those of the next generation up actually know no better than what they were taught. If she doesn't have many friends who are different from her, it may well be a case that she has never examined her opinions.

My advice (not that you asked for it!) is give them a chance until they know the full picture. Prepare for the worst, but always keep hoping that they surprise you :)

Anxiety attacks all over the place today :o Sometimes I really wonder if I'm cut out for this world at all.

My advice (not that you asked for it!) is give them a chance until they know the full picture. Prepare for the worst, but always keep hoping that they surprise you :)

The problem is, I'm out and she's done knowing to educate herself. Since I've come out, she's gotten a hundred times worse with no end in sight. I've had to delay transition because of her until I can move out and be on my own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

I dont know were to look with the stuff my mum comes out with sometimes, x times worse when its involves your identity, orientation etc. and they are not aware of how close to home the subject is for you. Certainly doesn't lend me to take them into my confidence.

Advertisement