Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time spent tryng to Login to Battlefield BC 2

Options
  • 07-03-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

7 hours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Haven't had a single problem with the game/connection yet, I guess I am one of the lucky ones (bought through steam)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

been trying to get get on since i got it friday , didnt get on for 1 second on the multiplayer as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

got it today (ps3) - had a couple of connection problems - sorted by restarting the game. only happened twice. froze up once and couldn't do anything with ps3 - thought it was knackered.

other than that, having fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

hellfireie wrote: »
    been trying to get get on since i got it friday , didnt get on for 1 second on the multiplayer as of yet

I second that...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Since Friday.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been having awful problems getting into a game tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Been having awful problems getting into a game tonight

That was due to EA servers crashing I think. But other then tonight it's been top notch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ive spent a lot more time trying to find a server than playing since friday. :( still only rank 5

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I've found that some people seem to be luckier then others when it comes to connecting to BC2. I remember when a lot of people were having the same type of problems with BF2 while I had few complaints.

Generally when you're unable to login, it affects everyone, due to the EA Master server having 'issues'. But besides that the connection problems come down (IMHO) to your pc, your router, your ISP and the server you're trying to connect to. EA will eventually get around to the server stability and Punkbuster problems but I still think a lot of people are going to have problems even then. If you have not managed to get multiplayer to work yet I have troubling feeling that nothing EA does over the next few weeks is really going to help you (though of course I could be wrong).

Now I'm not saying that the problems are the fault of those who can't get the game to work, I'm just encouraging people to keep on trying new things though if I was a betting man (which I am!) I'd say that should Evd-Burner pop around to my place and bring his PC with him, he'd be able to connect to all the same servers as I can on my PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Got 8hr 45mins logged so far of online play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

For me it was just due to the huge amount of time it takes to refresh the server. Never had issues getting on once i found a server that wasnt full.
    But then you often have issues such as hardcore mode being off but crosshairs are set to 0 as well (wtf :p why not just go for hc so), then theres the hugely imbalanced servers, couldnt be arsed with those so hop off again, just getting into a game you dont like the feel of.

So ya partly due to my own fussiness and stupidity mostly due to the massive search time.
    Thank god for cancelling the server refresh working.

Advertisement