Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donovan & LA Galaxy

• 07-03-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Everton attacker Landon Donovan has revealed to Sky Sports that there is a 'chance' his loan deal from Los Angeles Galaxy may be extended until the end of the Premier League season.

The American has settled into Premier League life seamlessly and capped possibly his last Goodison Park appearance in Everton blue with a goal in Sunday's 5-1 thrashing of Hull City.

Donovan joined the Merseyside club in January on agreement that he would return to Los Angeles in time for the Major League Soccer season later this month.

But, in a post-match interview with Sky Sports after Sunday's victory over Hull, the 28-year-old revealed there is a small chance he may stay on in England a little longer.

"First of all, winning was important and it's nice to get a goal," Donovan said.
    Terrific

"There is a chance (of staying). We will know more this week. If that was it then I'm happy. Maybe we can stay a little longer, we'll see.

"The fans, the people here are fantastic, the players are fantastic. I've enjoyed it here tremendously."

Donovan is some hypocrite after his outspoken critism of Beckham and so will the LA Galaxy fans when they dont boo Donovan if he returns late to LA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Donovan is some hypocrite after his outspoken critism of Beckham and so will the LA Galaxy fans when they dont boo Donovan if he returns late to LA.

Totally agree with you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

humblepie.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He wants to have it both ways. Wants to be the one who plays Mr.Galaxy and join the critisism of Beckham and do exactly what Becks did himself.

Ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mmmmmmmmmm pie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You're being a bit hard on the guy.

AFAIK, the possibility of him staying is because there may be a players strike on in the USA so he won't be missing any games.

He's not agitating for a move, he hasn't asked for any extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

gosplan wrote: »
    You're being a bit hard on the guy.

AFAIK, the possibility of him staying is because there may be a players strike on in the USA so he won't be missing any games.

He's not agitating for a move, he hasn't asked for any extension.

Is that still going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

he admitted he was at fault over the Beckham thing

he just wasnt sure of Becks commitment and made a mistake

wouldnt hold it against him for life, did have a chuckle when he was being interviewed earlier, but there are more important things going on really

for instance, the spider on my ceiling is inching closer to me, he thinks i cant see him, but i can

Edit: annonymous joe has it to a tee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Pretty much this.

I'd also love to know the timeline of events regarding (a) his contrition over the Beckham affair and (b) his realising that he rather enjoyed playing the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Pretty much this.

I'd also love to know the timeline of events regarding (a) his contrition over the Beckham affair and (b) his realising that he rather enjoyed playing the Premier League.

he admitting pre judgin Becks and he admitted he was wrong, is that not enough?

and as has been pointed out, he has not asked for an extension, but the MLS may be delayed so he might not have to return because of that

Advertisement