Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alloy Wheels for a VW Polo

• 07-03-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

the current set of wheels on it are 13" and if there are any VW Polo 6n2 1.0 MPI owners out there that have put alloys on their car, can you tell me how big of an alloy that will fit on the car pleeeeease!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Don't want to hijack this thread but I'm also looking to buy some 13" alloys(already got tyres) for a polo 2003, could anyone recommend a place to buy them?

Been looking on adverts but don't seem to see any 13" ones. Do they only come in 14" and up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

wouldn't an 03 Polo have 14 inch wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 MARIA O

HI

THE 03 POLO ONLY CAME WITH 14 INCH ALLOYS IN IRELAND.

EITHER SOMEONE HAS CHANGED THE WHEELS TO 13 INCH THEMSELVES OR IS IT AN IMPORT?

13INCH METAL WHEELS ARE AVAILABLE SPECIAL ORDER FROM GERMANY FOR AROUND 40 EURO EACH.

IS THERE FOUR OR FIVE BOLTS ON YOUR CURRENT WHEELS?

aren't all those Polos 4 stud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

15" would be the max for OEM comfort, like the older model Polo GTI.

• Advertisement

HI,

OLDER POLO UPTO 02 HAD 4 WHEEL STUDS O3 WOULD HAVE 5 STUDS.

You're right, they are 14" and 5 studs just had a look at them now. Don't know why I thought they were 13"! So where would the best place to pick up a set be? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I currently drive a SEAT Cordoba ( Polo with a boot ) :D

It has 5 stud wheels and running 16" no problem.
    205/45/156 tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Are you looking for to retro fit a set of 15" alloys?

Personally I think a 5 spoke wheel looks much better on these type of cars. A multi-spoke wheel just looks wrong.

If I was you I'd look at something like the OZ Racing Wheel Canova - lovely wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

vectra wrote: »
    I currently drive a SEAT Cordoba ( Polo with a boot ) :D

It has 5 stud wheels and running 16" no problem.
    205/45/156 tyres.

They'll take a set of 17" and probably even 18".

I had 17" on a Punto a few years ago.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Main Dealer approx. 250 Euro per alloy, you could try somewhere like Antan for cheaper alloys.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Are you looking for to retro fit a set of 15" alloys?

Personally I think a 5 spoke wheel looks much better on these type of cars. A multi-spoke wheel just looks wrong.

If I was you I'd look at something like the OZ Racing Wheel Canova - lovely wheels.

Looking for something like these
    5fafd981-0a14-42e9-9063-1d12f0cfbc40_medium.jpg
    Nothing too fancy, I agree with you, too many spokes just looks crap.
    MARIA O wrote: »
    Hi,

Main Dealer approx. 250 Euro per alloy, you could try somewhere like Antan for cheaper alloys.
    Didn't realise they would be so expensive, I was hoping to get a set for around the €300-350 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Shane732 wrote: »
    They'll take a set of 17" and probably even 18".

I had 17" on a Punto a few years ago.
    My car left the factory with these on it and it is staying that way for the next owner :D

Hi,

These are called Melbourne Part no. 6Q0 601 025L Z31 will check out price for you on system and let you know tomorrow. p.s. you need hub caps also for centre.

Do mk4 golf alloys fit the polo. If so there's a guy selling a set of vw 15 inch on another current thread

Hi

If you get part no. off Golf Wheels it would have to be 6J X 15H2 ET43 or you may have problems

HI

Those Melbourne alloys in your picture are 258.90 Euro each plus VAT.

HI

Those Melbourne alloys in your picture are 258.90 Euro each plus VAT.
    Way out of my price range so. Is that without the tyres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

As a long term German car fan, my tuppence worth is that fitting non-manufacturer alloys to anything German is, generally speaking, probably going to be shunned by those in the know. Maybe that doesn't matter to you but......

When the factory updrades are so appropriate, it would be rude not to, IMO gti.jpg

If you are going with something non-vw, I'd recommend something 16" with a respectable amount of rubber but nothing blingy or busy looking. As suggested, a simple 5 spoke 16" might be a goer. Would you consider a mild lowering job?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Yes thats the price just for the alloys. You'll have to choose something cheaper from say somewhere like Antan.

cantdecide wrote: »
    As a long term German car fan, my tuppence worth is that fitting non-manufacturer alloys to anything German is, generally speaking, probably going to be shunned by those in the know. Maybe that doesn't matter to you but......

What would those in the know think of a 3 cylinder Polo at the best of times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What would those in the know think of a 3 cylinder Polo at the best of times?

Those in the know might disapprove of a replica less. Better than a poverty spec Polo with a set of soft hyper silver Wolfrace 13s. Damage control :p

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

What happened to my Thread? :eek:

HI,

Are you willing to lower the suspension.

HI,

Are you willing to lower the suspension.
    No, I think i'll have to sit it out and wait for a nice set to pop up on adverts.€300 is the most I want to spend.

What happened to my Thread? :eek:

Sorry!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pandaflop

you could put alloys of up to 18'' on the polo, however these could end up rubing the arch when the steering is locked. but remeber if the wheels are too large they can damage your car. a friend of mine had a polo with 18'' alloys and knackered his gearbox, mechanic said the wide tires put a lot of strain on the car. i had my polo and put black 16'' 5 spoke alloys with low profiles and it looked great and rode great.

pandaflop wrote: »
    you could put alloys of up to 18'' on the polo, however these could end up rubing the arch when the steering is locked. but remeber if the wheels are too large they can damage your car. a friend of mine had a polo with 18'' alloys and knackered his gearbox, mechanic said the wide tires put a lot of strain on the car. i had my polo and put black 16'' 5 spoke alloys with low profiles and it looked great and rode great.

Got 4 almost new tyres so I'll be looking for a set of 14" alloys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement