Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Metal Cruise!!

Options
  • 07-03-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Fancy getting away from the winter blues and feeling some warm caribbean sun on your face next january? Want some great tunes from some cool bands to help relax? Then this holiday might be for you!!

http://www.70000tons.com/home.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Very static line up. By that I mean, they're all nordic bands. Any idea if they're getting any others on?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

That ship should be painted Black :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Slugs wrote: »
    Very static line up. By that I mean, they're all nordic bands. Any idea if they're getting any others on?

Apparently they haven't announced all the headliners yet.

Aye, 12 out of 40, but still. It's also very surprising that theirs a lot of bands on the Nuclear Blast label... Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I heard about this last month. I am seriously considering going if I can get money together for the deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

That ship should be painted Black :mad:

A black ship sailing around at night. Yeah, great idea there, chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Nightwish wrote: »
    I heard about this last month. I am seriously considering going if I can get money together for the deposit.

Yeah saw it on metalireland a while ago and forgot about it until I saw it here again. Seriously considering going as well but January isn't really a good time of the year. Still though would be some experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

they're all nordic bands.
    Not quite - Moonspell are Portuguese, Saxon and Raven are British, Uli Roth, Sodom and Witchburner are German and Trouble are American.

Anyway, even if they were all Nordic bands, so what? Is that such a band thing? I could think of ten Finnish bands alone that I'd love to see on a metal cruise.

Malice_ wrote: »
    Not quite - Moonspell are Portuguese, Saxon and Raven are British, Uli Roth, Sodom and Witchburner are German and Trouble are American.

Anyway, even if they were all Nordic bands, so what? Is that such a band thing? I could think of ten Finnish bands alone that I'd love to see on a metal cruise.
    Well it's not really nordic bands, more kinda the nordic style, the kind of epic fantasy/ viking/ gothic metal for the majority of them. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just hopefully they add more variety

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Rip off of the Motley Cruise:p

• Advertisement

Well it's not really nordic bands, more kinda the nordic style, the kind of epic fantasy/ viking/ gothic metal for the majority of them. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just hopefully they add more variety
    Fair enough, I agree that more variety would be a good thing. I think that I, like most people, would have trouble committing to something like that in January. Finances are usually a bit tight after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

I just hope that metallica is gonna be there .....Playing the whole st' Anger album :P:P:eek:

They need some big names me think .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

how much is it cant click on to link on works pc.s

villains77 wrote: »
    how much is it cant click on to link on works pc.s
    From the pricing page:
    Add $249 per person for taxes, pre-paid gratuities, port charges, booking, and ticketing.

All prices are PER PERSON, for the whole trip, in US-Dollars and include the following:

- Meals in the dining rooms, deli, bars, and 24h room service
    - Non-carbonated, non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee)
    - Use of the ship's amenities like pools, fitness center, etc.
    - Access to all concerts, shows, and performances

Please note: you can only book cabins, not single tickets!

INTERIOR
    Category|Deck|2 Bed|3 Bed|4 Bed
    Interior N|2|$866|$766|$666
    Interior M|3|$899|$799|$699
    Interior L|4|$933|$833|$733
    Interior K|5-7|$966|$866|$766

OCEAN VIEW
    Category Deck 2 Bed 3 Bed 4 Bed
    Ocean View H 2 $1333 $1133 $933
    Ocean View G 3 $1366 $1166 $966
    Ocean View F 4-7 $1399 $1199 $999

SUPERIOR OCEAN VIEW
    Category Deck 2 Bed
    Superior SO 9 $1666

BALCONY SUITE
    (with private balcony)
    Category Deck 2 Bed 3 Bed
    Junior Suite JS 10 $1999 $1666

GRAND SUITE
    (with large private balcony)
    Category Deck 2 Bed 3 Bed 4 Bed
    Grand Suite GS 10 $2999 $2499 $1999

Yes I did just use this post as an excuse to figure out how to post up tables :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I'd love to go on this, I'd say it'd be great craic. Kind of like the trips to Donington with bus & ferry, but slightly more luxury! :D

A pity it's in January though, as I don't think I'd be able to afford it & wouldn't really want to use up my holidays so early!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Mosh pit on deck 10 ........ 11...........12.............

Obituary confirmed last night/this morning

Just a quick bump to this one to say that the booking opened sometime in the last 24 Hours if anyone was considering going but haven't been keeping tabs on the site.

Sent in my booking, just waiting on confirmation now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

Was on this in January going again in 2012, lineup so far is pretty mixed rubbish like nightwish confirmed but virgin steele, tankard and overkill recently announced so the cruise is truly back on course for the metal elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks pretty awesome alright, may start putting some money aside for next year.

• Advertisement

rubbish like nightwish
    That reminds me, I must update the charter making it a bannable offence to openly profess a dislike for Nightwish :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I looked into it, but decided not to, ridiculous prices.
    Isn't it pretty much sold out anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Several bands I'd like to see, but chances are that at least half of them will be at Wacken within the next two years - and I'd be able to go to Wacken at least twice for the cost of this cruise.

Now, if there was a European version, that would be a lot more interesting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

http://www.spinefarm.fi/sfeast/feasteng.html

Sailing from Helsinki January 19

DRAGONFORCE (UK)
    SWALLOW THE SUN
    VIIKATE
    SHINING (SWE)
    AMARANTHE (SWE)
    BOB MALMSTRÖM
    PROFANE OMEN

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

I'm sure the credit union will load me a couple of grand to go on a heavy metal cruise right? Right???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

DaveyCakes wrote: »
    http://www.spinefarm.fi/sfeast/feasteng.html

Sailing from Helsinki January 19

DRAGONFORCE (UK)
    SWALLOW THE SUN
    VIIKATE
    SHINING (SWE)
    AMARANTHE (SWE)
    BOB MALMSTRÖM
    PROFANE OMEN

I'd nearly go to that just for Shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

As soon as I saw the thread I though there must be, there has to be, how could they overlook the linguistic synergy(not forgetting the $$$) and lo and behold: KISS Kruise

Advertisement