Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Pallets

Options
  • 08-03-2010 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know where i can pick up a few old pallets for free?

It doesn't really matter what state there in as i just want them for the garden to build a compost heap.

Sound job, thanks in advance for any info!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Bit early in the year to be collectin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

did you see this by any chance?

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_12209.htm

yeah it's 30 quid but it's a lot easier - plus I dunno if I would trust pallets, they may be chemically treated. Chemicals + Compost = Chemicals leaching into Compost = poisonous food grown with compost??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

allotment wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can pick up a few old pallets for free?

It doesn't really matter what state there in as i just want them for the garden to build a compost heap.

Sound job, thanks in advance for any info!

If you pop out to any of the bigger haulage companies like langans or lynx they would have loads that they would give you for free.

If you know anyone working in a factory around town they would be able to get you some as well

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Go in and ask any place where you see some empty pallets - e.g. delivery areas of shops - a lot of places would be glad to get rid of them for nothing. I built two compost bins last year with pallets sourced this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

well after june 30 there will be loads of them at musgraves centra ; supervalu will be gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement