Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitor HELP ... What to buy...??? Spend my money please ;)

• 08-03-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey all,

I am currently shopping for a monitor for my 13inch Macbook Pro. Looking for a 23inch or above ... Please help me spend wisely :)

My aim is to connect up my laptop when at home so I can work on my desk with my wireless keyboard & mouse more comfortably...

Recommendations please ... Budget is between 200-300euros ...

I would love an Apple Cinema display but unfortunately these are out of reach on my budget

I am seriously considering this 24inch Samsung display from Pixmania : LINK

Let me know what you think, thanks in advance!

P2350G_gallery1m.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

What sort of video port is on the macbook pro? Presume DVI?

23" Acer from Elara.ie for €171 if you can pick up from their depot in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sham09

Thanks for the reply Kinetic :)

Unfortunately, I will be unable to collect so delivery is a must ...

The Macbook Pro with the use of the correct Apple adapter can output DVI, VGA or HDMI ...

The Samsung seems a better buy in my opinion in comparison to the Acer. Although thanks for the feedback :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Aye it probably is, from a quick search it seemed to be the cheapest. I'm rolling with 20" Samsung * 2 myself and find them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

GET one that has 2inputs vga and dvi in, ie you can use it for 2 devices .eg pc and console .
    IN my opinion 22 inch widescreen is the optimal size for web browsing ,as if its bigger than that you have to move your head to read a webpage, ie a bigger monitor is not necessarily better.ITS not comfortable .WHEN you pay 4 an apple monitor you are paying to a certain extent,for the brand, they use the same technology as other monitor companys.
    SAY you are buying a sony lgh500 , google lgh 500 review.
    I go by specs,reviews etc ie refresh rate, resolution, contrast level , is the screen glossy,
    ie i wont buy anything with a shiny glass screen .
    .ITS not like you are buying an iphone which no other company makes.
    I had to go to the makers website for my lcd, to download the driver,in order to get it to run at the proper resolution.
    I FIND samsung to be a very good brand, and they have good support in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sham09

ricman!

I came across this 23inch Samsung P2370 which Komplett currently have on offer ... Which do you think is the better monitor ? In comparison to the P2450H....

P2370 VS P2450H

• Advertisement

see http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=490765
    The 2450H is better, has hdmi,dvi,vga in.
    the other samsung has just dvi in ,and has a GLOSSY screen ,which i dont like.

Make sure hold onto receipt ,under eu law you have 2 years gaurantee on all
    electronic goods.
    IF you get a console, ps3 or 360, or blueray player you can use it as a display.
    245oh is about 35 more but its worth it, a good monitor should last at least 7 years.
    i think 24in is the max for web browsing .YOu DONT HAVE TO USE THE max res on the monitor ,ie most websites are designed for 1024x768 resolution.
    AT 1920 res the letters will be very small.

ITS worth 40 euro extra for the ,better quality screen,and hdmi,vga interface.

Advertisement