Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Is banned for this until he is willing to explain himself.

Options
  • 08-03-2010 1:52am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There was a thread started on the moderators forum asking people if they wanted to part of phase zero.

Boston, I've finally had enough of it.

Quite frankly, we are a lot more security conscious now and I'm not prepared to have you flaunt your knowledge of private forums in our face any longer.

This isnt the first time you have done this and I'm done with it.

When you are prepared to explain how you are getting this information you can be unbanned.

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Convenient technicality to move him aside over given his interest and questions (which must be more than a little irritating I'm sure) on and around the FF idea. Good job. You could have PM'd him and asked him to answer you on this issue of course, but I guess this is much easier for you.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats bull Lloyd but why am I not surprised you jump to that immediately. I have answered every reasonable question.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boston asked me to post this:

From Boston
    If someone asked me in one sentence to sum up what feed forward is about I'd say it's about removing the single point failure from boards.ie policy decision making process. Yes it's about greater transparency, yes it's about accountability and yes it's about getting the user base more involved in making the decisions with affect them. But primarily, for me, it's about creating a new process that is no longer all about a single person. As such, making feed forward all about me, or even a little bit about me, is going to undermine that hope.

For the process to work it cannot have any one person as a focal point. Rightly or wrongly, for intentional or unintentional reasons, when ever I get involved with a boards.ie policy discussion I personally become the focal point with people argueing as much for and against me as the issue. This taints anything I might hope to use feedforward to promote. My presence polarises people, forces them to take sides on a issue towards the extremes and renders compromise unlikely.

Somewhere along the road I became very frustrated with a system that seems cold and indifferent to my concerns and I stopped participating in a constructive way. I started to brute force issues and saw control as a method for protecting what I care about. It's not an ego thing, its a trust thing. I simply didn't have it any more. The reality is this, no one is going to accept any issue I raise at face value now, they will look for an agenda they cannot find and failing that invent one to fit whatever agenda they themselves have.

Following that line of thought It has become obvious that my position here is untenable to say the least. As such it has been agreed that the best thing would be for me to forgo participating in the boards.ie decision making process for the foreseeable future (Remain banned from feedback). It is my hope that this will remove me as the focal point for feed forward discussions and allow the system to evolve the way it should.

Yours Boston

I'd like to point out that Bostons involvement with the FF process was not the reason for his ban (he has explained that he dedeuced things rather then had direct access) but I appreciate his candour in his analysis. I agree that his impact has the effect he says, I would argue points about "why" but suffice it to say that I'd rather offer an olive branch then win a point.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement