Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down time?

Options
  • 08-03-2010 5:22am

I've noticed that for the past couple of nights that boards appears to go offline for about fifteen minutes a couple of times a night.

It did it this morning at about @01:20 and again @04:10.

Do the squirrels need feeding?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

I've noticed that for the past couple of nights that boards appears to go offline for about fifteen minutes a couple of times a night.

It did it this morning at about @01:20 and again @04:10.

Do the squirrels need feeding?

Proberly to do a back up. Oh and i belive the site is powered by hamsters no squirels.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We do backups that leave the site up and running these days. I posted last night at 1.25 so it may be something between you and us. I dont see any gap in the posting patterns of the site.

What ISP do you use? Where are you?

Is anyone else experiencing this??

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

DeVore wrote: »
    We do backups that leave the site up and running these days. I posted last night at 1.25 so it may be something between you and us. I dont see any gap in the posting patterns of the site.

DeV.
    Aye, I've noticed it a couple of nights recently at the 4ish time, presumed it was a local problem as I was aware that back-ups didn't take down the site any more, but if others are also experiencing it ...

Now that I think on, I would have been in 2 different geographical areas and on 2 different ISPs when I experienced it too.

Can't say I've noticed anything around 1.20, but neither could I swear I was actually active at that time.

Some ghost of the original back-up script re-surfacing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Happened me today too, 4pm local NZ time. No access for 10-15min.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The backup blackspot used to be around 3am on the site. As Tom says they don't roll that way these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Downtime at about 4 in the am. I haven't been as nocturnal as I used to be and just assumed it was the backup

deadtiger wrote: »
    The backup blackspot used to be around 3am on the site.
    Aye, but I'm pretty sure it got moved to 4 in latter days, before it disappeared altogether.

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

I'm working in Dublin, but the company internet uses overseas proxise, during the downtime I tried several and had the same result.

Aye, but I'm pretty sure it got moved to 4 in latter days, before it disappeared altogether.

Yes it was about two years ago, the tCN 3AM club went quiet after that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Some of the database slave servers had been shuffled around to deal with an attempted DoS attack and that seemed to cause some interference with the backup scripts.

It should be OK tonight.

• Advertisement

Conor wrote: »
    It should be OK tonight.
    More importantly, nice to know I wasn't raving ... at least more than usual!! >_>

Advertisement