Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour packages Adelaide/ Tasmania????

Options
  • 08-03-2010 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Wondering would anyone have advice re doing one of these. Would have about a week to do it. Gave a look on the net and a Tas package works out at $850 plus flights..seems like it's based around hiking/walking. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I Presume there are a few flights involved, or a week is a bit short for both states, but flyin ta the good bits is excellent, Australia has Huuuuge Chunks of Fvckall that can be a long drive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

got any links to the package?? at $850 i might be interested meself, Last two states on the list n' all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I went with these guys
    http://www.adventuretours.com.au/6-day-taste-of-tasmania-tour-package/

there is also a tour starting in Laucheston, which is the same tour with a free day in hobart.

I'm very glad I went on a tour, as Tassie is usually quiet and if I went on my own I wouldn't have meet many people!

The price is listed as $845, but usually you can get maybe $20-50 off the price of the tour if you look around, as sellers cut each other etc.

I thought it was really beautiful in Tassie, and loved it! Though it is not action packed, but much more natural and beautiful scenery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hussey, that's exactly the tour I was looking at. Mahatma, it doesn't cover both states. They have a 6 day tour in Tas which appeals as it departs from and returns to Hobart. $845 plus flights so it doesn't come cheap. Can you tell me what was included for that. Was it good..seems a lot of walking/hiking involved..I don't mind that but just wondering what else is in it...meals, accom..etc.
    They also have a tour from Adelaide for Kangaroo Island..1 day or 2 day. Think I might do Tas first as you could always do Adelaide in a long weekend if push came to shove.

Advertisement