Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox live - do I need an extension cable ?

• 08-03-2010 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the help.

I have a 360 and wireless modem with Eircom (Netopia) and a wireless receiver for the xbox.

The receiver is plugged into the Xbox , green light flashing. I have gone into the modem settings and set firewall to low and enabled Xbox live mode.

I understood the xbox would detect the network and ask for the WEP or something but it doesn't detect it at all - the xbox has never 'done anything' to indicate that it now has a receiver plugged into it.

It sounds to me like I should try an extension cord for the receiver - any other thoughts ?

Thanks a million for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978848/

Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
    Select Network Settings.
    Select Configure Network.
    On the Basic Settings tab, select Wireless Mode.
    Select Scan for Networks.
    Select your wireless network name. If your wireless network is not listed, select Specify Unlisted Network and enter your wireless network name.
    Enter your wireless network password, and then select Done.
    Press B on your controller to retest your connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Rizzla - you're a great man altogether - I will try that asap and thanks for taking the time to post something I should have been able to locate myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

If that doesnt work, you may need to "install" the wifi adaptor. a friend got an elite a while back and got an install disc for the adaptor. there was no wireless option under networking until he did this.

Thanks - no disc came with my one...I'm hoping when I go home and check I will see a 'wireless mode'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What level of security are you using on the router? WEP (should NOT be using but thats another thread) or WPA? there was an update for wpa support a few months back so if that wasnt installed it could be the problem. Try connecting the xbox with a cable to the router and see if it picks up any updates then try the wireless again.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    What level of security are you using on the router? WEP (should NOT be using but thats another thread) or WPA? there was an update for wpa support a few months back so if that wasnt installed it could be the problem. Try connecting the xbox with a cable to the router and see if it picks up any updates then try the wireless again.

Yikes - no sure...will check - havn't had a chance to try and get it going since last posting - thanks.

Advertisement